British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars Mon 07-05-2018: KO Cup 1st Leg

This being  Bank Holiday weekend, it  should enable some Stars fans to make the trip to our nearest neighbours.     Once I thought this would be a certain home win, but bearing in mind how we have started the season, and Leicester having a few injury changes,  probably we should be more optimistic of getting something from  this fixture.     Having the 2nd leg to me is always beneficial, when knowing the task before having to battle the return leg.   Leicester is another precise track where the recent changes have produced better racing.   I feel the Lions might still win, but the gap between the two should be close enough for us to ensure we go through on the return....  

Hopefully   :t:

If TJ and Palm Toft ride at Leicester like they did last year then I back us for a narrow win

So Ricky Wells comes in for Danny King. Whilst R/R never seems to favour the Lions, I would have thought it might work in the absence of DK on his current form. Everyone except Bjerre can take an extra ride and I don't really think that would weaken us. No disrespect to RW, but stepping into a heat leader berth is a bit of an ask (then again we don't know how far down the choice list he was).

Unless King will be out for some time (news is that his arm isn't broken as first feared though), in which case a short term replacement rather than guests should be sought, R/R would be worth a punt for this cup fixture (yeah, quarter final I know!) to provide other riders with a bit more track time. 

I do however have faith in the management this season and they appear to be on the ball with swift assessments of situations and required actions.

If it was a 3pm start would have made the journey for this one being a Bank Holiday missed opertunity I feel to get a bumper crowd. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

If TJ and Palm Toft ride at Leicester like they did last year then I back us for a narrow win

I think it would be wrong to underestimate any team that has  HA and KB in ,   two accomplished heatleaders  who will always score well.   Ricky Wells  replacing Danny king is a big ask.   With Lambert on fire, and when thinking back recently when Swindon came back from a 10 pts deficit shows they can be vulnerable.   Against that,  Andersen has never seen the place and Niels is not that dialled in yet, so to me this should be a close match that could go either way.

Will be making the trip hoping the racing is as exciting as the score line.     If we score 42 or more I will come home happy....   

Stars to sneak a win, but in some ways I hope we suffer a narrow defeat to make the return leg a bit more interesting!

17 hours ago, g13webb said:

Leicester is another precise track where the recent changes have produced better racing.

Is that right? You should try going every week :lol:

16 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

So Ricky Wells comes in for Danny King. Whilst R/R never seems to favour the Lions, I would have thought it might work in the absence of DK on his current form. Everyone except Bjerre can take an extra ride and I don't really think that would weaken us. No disrespect to RW, but stepping into a heat leader berth is a bit of an ask (then again we don't know how far down the choice list he was).

Unless King will be out for some time (news is that his arm isn't broken as first feared though), in which case a short term replacement rather than guests should be sought, R/R would be worth a punt for this cup fixture (yeah, quarter final I know!) to provide other riders with a bit more track time. 

I do however have faith in the management this season and they appear to be on the ball with swift assessments of situations and required actions.

While it's admittedly still early, I'm seeing Krystian  Pieszczek as the third heat leader now. He will have a poor match at BP sooner or later of course but at the moment seems to be producing the goods. Hopefully he can step fully into the role without DK around for a while.

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Is that right? You should try going every week :lol:

first time I went there it was follow the leader every race.   The last time I went it was much better.   Reading reports as I do, I thought it was producing more passes...     But obviously you are not impressed....           That surprises me....

Last Monday's racing was much better than the previous two matches so hopefully that's how it will be from now on. I think even ianb enjoyed the Rye House one. :lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, g13webb said:

first time I went there it was follow the leader every race.   The last time I went it was much better.   Reading reports as I do, I thought it was producing more passes...     But obviously you are not impressed....           That surprises me....

Its not the shape anymore;its the track preparation!

Looking forward to my first away meeting of the season :D  Hoping for a great meeting with a Stars win :)

14 hours ago, Gemini said:

Last Monday's racing was much better than the previous two matches so hopefully that's how it will be from now on. I think even ianb enjoyed the Rye House one. :lol:

You're right even I enjoyed it :lol:. But it was enjoyment from a pretty low baseline so far this season. I was fortunate enough to attend the new BV for a season while I was working away for a while and it saddens me to see what can be done with a blank canvass and how whoever designed the track at Leicester got it so badly wrong!

Anyway we move on to Monday night... where I think we can almost guarantee a sun delay but at least KL fans will be well used to that ;)... I've just seen on Twitter they're promoting it as "Sunshine Speedway"... that's just taking the mick!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

first time visit to Leicester. can someone tell me what time do the gates open, Ta

Should be along to this one too.

What's the parking like at Leicester?