Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars Mon 07-05-2018: KO Cup 1st Leg

11 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Due in to EM at 19.50.

Oh dear . No chance now. :mad:

Edited by Bald Bloke

It's the KO cup.

Stranger things have happened, nothing in sport is certain so I wouldn't rule us out keeping it close. The thing that gets me about the rules is the paying public having to watch Connor Mountain replacing Robert Lambert, takes the shine off the meeting regardless of what the score is or would have been. 

does connor mountain have to ride in lambert place or can the riding order be changed.

22 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

does connor mountain have to ride in lambert place or can the riding order be changed.

As I understand it yes he does

am I mistaken in believing that only your number 1 and lowest averaged rider have to ride in certain positions.

If so this leaves lynn able to juggle their riding order.

Sun delay??

• Haha 1

Glad I'm in York now.This would have peed me right off and would have definitely put me off going to Leicester tonight.

C'mon rule makers use a bit of common sense in cases like these.

Edited by tellboy

No Lambert! That's me out and £17 pound in pocket!
Annoying though as I plumped for this over the BV match and declined an invitation to the cinema

33 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Glad I'm in York now.This would have peed me right off and would have definitely put me off going to Leicester tonight.

C'mon rule makers use a bit of common sense in cases like these.

Define “common sense”. Reward a team who can’t get all their riders to a meeting by allowing a guest of equivalent ability? So what’s to stop any team from saying a rider who struggles at a specific track had flight problems, so they’re bringing in a replacement who just happens to go well there?

To me, common sense is penalising the team that can’t manage to get their 1-7 to arrive on time

• Like 5

One has to ask,  how come Lambert  cant get back from Polish meeting, when there were others who did.    Sam Masters  rode in the same meeting on Sunday but arrived back in plenty of time for Wolves 's 12noon  meeting with Belle Vue...     There were plenty of riders who raced in Poland yesterday and are down to compete in the UK  today,   Is Lambert the only one caught up in the late flights ????      I find that very strange.

The Stars missing their best inform rider...      He has in effect ruined Lynn chances in the KO cup this year....

What a shambles...  

• Like 2

Now sitting this one out. Admission money going on a Chiquito's

• Like 1

KL do have form in mugging off the paying punter at Leicester, the 2 times they rode at Leicester last year they turned up with 4 guests and R/R and 2 guests and R/R

If they can't be bothered why should I?

• Like 1

Delayed flights happen, that's life. Nobody's fault, just circumstances. But why should the paying public suffer? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

I can understand his logic cuts a lot of traveling out and missing the lowest paid league - can’t fault him  straight to Sweden for tomorrow night - can’t think why anyone is surprised.

You are a very cynical fellow. How did he do it then, slip the pilot a tenner to delay the flight :D

• Like 1