British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars Mon 07-05-2018: KO Cup 1st Leg

just back from the meeting. This stars team just wont lie down and keep coming back st their opponents. 

As rory schlien said in the speedway star, just when you think you have opened a gap and think you are about to pull

away they come back at you. Even with all the problems they had tonight their fighting qualities shone through.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

just back from the meeting. This stars team just wont lie down and keep coming back st their opponents. 

As rory schlien said in the speedway star, just when you think you have opened a gap and think you are about to pull

away they come back at you. Even with all the problems they had tonight their fighting qualities shone through.

Bit respect for Rory..Glad he is having his best season ever. Great team man. The Stars are fighting that's for sure

Edited by Bald Bloke

Niels was again off the pace, seems to be well down on power to me which is having an effect on his gating which is poor at the moment.

Well done to all the team though a great battling performance.

The actual racing was very poor, if Lynn had meetings like this one it would half the crowd

7 hours ago, g13webb said:

The Stars missing their best inform rider...      He has in effect ruined Lynn chances in the KO cup this year....

Moan, Moan, Moan and still spouting the same old negative bile ...............  wrong AGAIN  (KL still VERY much in it)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bad luck aside re Robert, we gave Leicester a run for their money, I feel confident we can beat them by more than 6 at home, roll on Wednesday week!! MotM - Ty

5 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Moan, Moan, Moan and still spouting the same old negative bile ...............  wrong AGAIN  (KL still VERY much in it)

Well- Webb was right on both counts Lambert is our top rider and with him in the team we would have won so he was right on both counts agreed we are very much still in the tie but that isn’t the point that was made . 

As for moans are we not all entitled to an opinion? don’t agree it’s negative bile as you put it it’s an opinion that’s put across that you don’t agree with perhaps .Not all speedway fans are happy clappers they see things in the real world and how this sport has gone down hill you call it negative it s an opinion that a long standing supporter of the club holds .

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Haza said:

Well- Webb was right on both counts Lambert is our top rider and with him in the team we would have won so he was right on both counts agreed we are very much still in the tie but that isn’t the point that was made . 

As for moans are we not all entitled to an opinion? don’t agree it’s negative bile as you put it it’s an opinion that’s put across that you don’t agree with perhaps .Not all speedway fans are happy clappers they see things in the real world and how this sport has gone down hill you call it negative it s an opinion that a long standing supporter of the club holds .

Thanks for those kind words, and yes I do have a genuine opinion . I speak as I feel .   I try to be constructive when criticizing but no doubt, others will only see it as wrong if its different to theirs.. .    I don't have a problem with that. ...

6 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

You Sir,  are something else.    You wouldn't know the difference between 'Moan' and an 'Opinion' if it hit you on the head.     Because of previous comments aimed towards me I have kept a eye on your input to this forum.   I have yet to see anything constructive from you,  all you appear to do is opinionate against others.    So I don't put any value in your comments at all .     As for the negative bile, I suggest you know more about that than I do............

7 hours ago, clambo71 said:

It was my intention to go to Leicester last night,  thinking we stood a good chance of beating them.   We have started the season well,  Because of the lack of meetings this year, I was keen to go to see a tight match.     When news came that Lambert would be missing,   I changed my plans  and  stayed at home enjoying the warm weather with a garden BBQ instead.  I wasn't prepared to  travel the 80 odd mile trip to witness a match we had no chance of winning.       In saying that i always thought the team would battle  and do their best, but without our top man it was a no win situation..  I don't regret not going,  I thought we would be like lambs to the slaughter,.   How wrong i was.   Full credit to each of them who battled to the end  to keep the tie alive.  I never imagined they could do that.      

Just imagine what we would have achieved  had Lambert made it back .     

• Like 3

11 hours ago, g13webb said:

Checking the Polish match results from Sunday 6th May,   22 riders competed there and were planned to race in the UK on Monday.    Of them 22 ,only Lambert failed too arrive.    His plane may have been delayed/cancelled , but cutting his timing that  tight, one has to question his priorities .      Why is it the Lynn Stars are always the ones to suffer...  

To me looking at Lambert's situation he left himself plenty of time to get to the meeting.It was Ryanair's fault not Lambert's.Why should he leave when other riders do,he may have stayed with someone or even had something else to do.He still left himself plenty of time to get back.

So are you saying now with Lambert living just up the road that he should leave at midday for home meetings just in case his van breaks down or something.These things happen,and he was just unfortunate on this occasion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tellboy said:

To me looking at Lambert's situation he left himself plenty of time to get to the meeting.It was Ryanair's fault not Lambert's.Why should he leave when other riders do,he may have stayed with someone or even had something else to do.He still left himself plenty of time to get back.

So are you saying now with Lambert living just up the road that he should leave at midday for home meetings just in case his van breaks down or something.These things happen,and he was just unfortunate on this occasion.

Of course it wasn’t Robert’s fault, whoever would think a flight would be delayed for so many damned hours and yes we 100 per cent would’ve won with Robert there, what an awesome start he’s had to the season, loving watching him.  We need Niels back to where we know he should be/can be, dunno if it’s the injury but he doesn’t look comfortable out there.  Ty has made a good start to the season too, he is confident which is great.  Lewis Kerr is also full of confidence, particularly at Lynn, loved seeing him clamp riders going into the third bend last week, keep up the great work Lew :)

Just loving it :)

Sounds like a load of Snowflake supporters around whose loyalty to the team cause melts at the slightest bit of adversity.

• Like 1

Speaking as a Coventry fan who lives about a mile away from the Leicester track and one who is trying to keep his enthusiasm for the "sport" alive after 40 years of continual knocks and  degrading of the "sport" I don't really care whether it was Lamberts or RyanAirs fault. I just find it a real struggle these days to motivate myself to pay £17 to watch abysmal racing on a dusty track with (all respect to Connor Mountain) junior zero pointers turning out in place of international "stars". 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Listen to yourself.  you appear to back Lambert in everything he does, but the fact remains he let the team down,  he let the fans down , but most of all he let himself down.      Blame can be apportioned to whatever, but the facts were he was the only one who didn't get back.      Ask yourself a question,  had this been a world final,  would he have left his travel arrangements in the space of a solidary window.      I don't think so.....       

Most of the other 21 riders travelled back  Sunday night, and they had plenty of options had their plane been delayed...    Pity Lambert didn't do the same..... 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Trees said:

Of course it wasn’t Robert’s fault, whoever would think a flight would be delayed for so many damned hours and yes we 100 per cent would’ve won with Robert there, what an awesome start he’s had to the season, loving watching him.  We need Niels back to where we know he should be/can be, dunno if it’s the injury but he doesn’t look comfortable out there.  Ty has made a good start to the season too, he is confident which is great.  Lewis Kerr is also full of confidence, particularly at Lynn, loved seeing him clamp riders going into the third bend last week, keep up the great work Lew :)

Just loving it :)

I’ve no doubt Lambert will make Sweden tonight. 

No reason to doubt he will.  Plane delayed, transport breakdown, motorway pile up.  All things out of the individuals control.

As they say Haze 541T happens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, semion said:

No reason to doubt he will.  Plane delayed, transport breakdown, motorway pile up.  All things out of the individuals control.

As they say Haze 541T happens

The problem some speedway fans have over the years they’ve had the wool pulled over there eyes so often by so called top riders - when some fans here a reason like Lamberts they think the worst - definitely in life anything can and does happen but we get so used to these reasons or excuses as we’ve heard them all before so many times over the years . That’s all I’m saying 

• Like 1