British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars Mon 07-05-2018: KO Cup 1st Leg

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

I've just tried to fnd one for next Sunday or Monday, and it's not easy. Most of them leave in the morning and have 2 stops - taking about 14 hours.

I then went to Ryan Air's site and tried to book one for next Sunday. There are none. The only option - when booking on Sunday - was on Monday at 12:30. This is the one that Lambert booked, and was delayed until 19.30.

Perhaps those complaining would like to have a go and working out their own plan B. Do they, themselves, work out a plan B when booking a holiday flight?

Just have a look. He booked the first logical flight that was available.

Yes from Riga. 

Wrong airport. 

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The Stansted flight - see above.

As he said, though, he thought it made sense to go to East Midlands as he was riding in Leicester, which is logical. And it was only one hour's difference in flight time. It was due in at 13.35 - which should have been plenty of time, even allowing for delays.

Sure, the flight to Stanstead may well have got him there on time, but he wasn't to know that.

I think he's facing unfair criticism for this.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 6

I agree the racing is abysmal.

Went twice last season and the racing was pants, went last night no change.

How on earth 'fans' keep going I don't know.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I don't believe the flack Robert Lambert is getting his flight was cancelled which is unfortunate and it is different from all the other riders coming from Poland as his meeting was in Latvia.

Sam Masters rode in the same meeting as Lambert  and he arrived back in plenty of time.    also  Wolves match at Belle Vue  started a 12 noon,   not 7-30pm. 

• Like 2

One of the worst meetings that I’ve ever been to. A slightly better crowd than previous weeks but I doubt that any of them will rush to go back. Only the scores kept it half interesting. 

Fair play to Lynn. I had them down as struggling this year but they certainly kept it close and with Lambert riding may have won. 

Not sure what’s up with NKI but if he can get back to his best they could spring a surprise. 

Edited by Mr Bee

7 hours ago, Haza said:

Well- Webb was right on both counts

Sorry but you are wrong on this............. here's what the village idiot had to say:-

"The Stars missing their best inform rider...      He has in effect ruined Lynn chances in the KO cup this year...." 

I'm fairly sure that you do not agree the the emboldened negativeness quoted above?

Its quite clear that Webbs only mission in life is to decry everything connected with KL speedway (both recent and historical events)...............presumably in an attempt to dissuade people from attending!

No problem whatsoever with opinions but his are just pure negativeness, even when he makes a vaguely positive comment its always tempered by a negative end-note.

You will note that I don't pick on people with differing opinions (and I'm certainly not a "happy clapper" btw) ................................. but I don't suffer a fool gladly (esp Webb!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, g13webb said:

Because of previous comments aimed towards me I have kept a eye on your input to this forum.   I have yet to see anything constructive from you,  all you appear to do is opinionate against others.

Keep on monitoring ................. you'll eventually notice a commonality  (clue:.......... NOT others)!

There's more on here than just I that are fed up with your dragging KL speedway through the mire at every opportunity you are able to create!

Please advise what opinionate is, can't find it in dictionary   (probably summat to do with dinner.............. I've had mine thanks)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

I've just tried to fnd one for next Sunday or Monday, and it's not easy. Most of them leave in the morning and have 2 stops - taking about 14 hours.

I then went to Ryan Air's site and tried to book one for next Sunday. There are none. The only option - when booking on Sunday - was on Monday at 12:30. This is the one that Lambert booked, and was delayed until 19.30

Mate, unless you are actually flying from Riga next Sunday or Monday... I'm genuinely worried for you :lol:

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Sam Masters rode in the same meeting as Lambert  and he arrived back in plenty of time.    also  Wolves match at Belle Vue  started a 12 noon,   not 7-30pm. 

That kind of blows any excuses for Lamberts absence, out of the water really!!! 

57 minutes ago, Mr Bee said:

One of the worst meetings that I’ve ever been to. A slightly better crowd than previous weeks but I doubt that any of them will rush to go back. Only the scores kept it half interesting. 

Fair play to Lynn. I had them down as struggling this year but they certainly kept it close and with Lambert riding may have won. 

Not sure what’s up with NKI but if he can get back to his best they could spring a surprise. 

It wasn't a meeting that will live long in the memory that's for sure, I thought Kings Lynn put up a good battle and until the last few heats were only a few behind.

If i had looked earlier and seen the Lambert situation i would have kept my money in my pocket as no disrespect to Conor but how on earth can he be expected to compete at number 5, more like a confidence destroyer than anything and expecting the public to just think its ok. Common sense would say let them use R/R as it was a situation that was out of Lamberts control but the rules as ever make a decent looking event turn into a rather drab meeting. When you have gating tarts like Bjerre and Hans you need a good team to get anything out of it.

I wouldn't like to think how many passes there were in the first 10 or so heats, the watering in the day did a great job but there wasn't too much dirt down on the first bend at all near the kerb after heat 7.  Great stadium for viewing but the action on track needs to be more entertaining in my view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

That kind of blows any excuses for Lamberts absence, out of the water really!!! 

Does it? They clearly opted for different destinations.

Would Masters have made it if his flight had been delayed by 7 hours?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I don't believe the flack Robert Lambert is getting his flight was cancelled which is unfortunate and it is different from all the other riders coming from Poland as his meeting was in Latvia.

Strange how Sam Masters was in the same meeting abroad and managed to get back for a lunchtime start start at Belle Vue.

Fair point Grachan, Why would Lambert head for Manchester airport when his flight was due in at East Midlands with a short distance to his meeting that evening? Unless you know different and Masters landed at East Midlands and drove up?

Sometimes no matter if its black and white someone has an alternative motive. Why can't it be that the lads flight was just delayed and wasn't his doing? What is it with Robert that people have to pick fault all the while.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DizzAssStar said:

Sorry but you are wrong on this............. here's what the village idiot had to say:-

"The Stars missing their best inform rider...      He has in effect ruined Lynn chances in the KO cup this year...." 

I'm fairly sure that you do not agree the the emboldened negativeness quoted above?

Its quite clear that Webbs only mission in life is to decry everything connected with KL speedway (both recent and historical events)...............presumably in an attempt to dissuade people from attending!

No problem whatsoever with opinions but his are just pure negativeness, even when he makes a vaguely positive comment its always tempered by a negative end-note.

You will note that I don't pick on people with differing opinions (and I'm certainly not a "happy clapper" btw) ................................. but I don't suffer a fool gladly (esp Webb!).

Top post comedy gold at its best