British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars Mon 07-05-2018: KO Cup 1st Leg

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not surprised in the least you can`t accept criticism of the rider in this case. Riders are professional sportsmen and obliged to fulfill their commitments. It hasn`t taken me long at all to work out that the East midlands flight which was delayed(FR1665) is the return leg of the East Midlands flight to Riga(FR 1664) leaving at 07.20 arr 12.05- so in this day and age it`s very easy checking on flight departures- and in this case some 3 hours before his flight should have taken off. Therefore he should have known of the fact the plane was well late and should have switched to the Stansted flight(FR 2643) which left at 11.30 am- which was also a return 2nd leg of a Stansted to Riga (FR 2642) departing at 6.25am which he also could have easily checked whether the flight departed on time. Speedway riders of his caliber are earning fortunes so buying a ticket at the last moment would not be a problem. I am obviously assuming that the Stansted flight yesterday was not completely sold out.

The least he can do is make a public apology to Leicester and Kings Lynn clubs and their supporters for his non-appearance. 

The "oh well, never mind he's only missed a meeting" attitude typifies the kind of wishy-washy amateurish wooly liberal mind set which is taking this nation down the slippery slope.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not surprised in the least you can`t accept criticism of the rider in this case. Riders are professional sportsmen and obliged to fulfill their commitments. It hasn`t taken me long at all to work out that the East midlands flight which was delayed(FR1665) is the return leg of the East Midlands flight to Riga(FR 1664) leaving at 07.20 arr 12.05- so in this day and age it`s very easy checking on flight departures- and in this case some 3 hours before his flight should have taken off. Therefore he should have known of the fact the plane was well late and should have switched to the Stansted flight(FR 2643) which left at 11.30 am- which was also a return 2nd leg of a Stansted to Riga (FR 2642) departing at 6.25am which he also could have easily checked whether the flight departed on time. Speedway riders of his caliber are earning fortunes so buying a ticket at the last moment would not be a problem. I am obviously assuming that the Stansted flight yesterday was not completely sold out.

From what Flightradar24 reports, the outbound flight (FR1664) was fine, it departed 11 minutes behind schedule and arrived in Riga 16 minutes ahead of schedule, so there wouldn't seem to have been any obvious clues there that there was a problem until it was too late.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, g13webb said:

Listen to yourself.  you appear to back Lambert in everything he does, but the fact remains he let the team down,  he let the fans down , but most of all he let himself down.      Blame can be apportioned to whatever, but the facts were he was the only one who didn't get back.      Ask yourself a question,  had this been a world final,  would he have left his travel arrangements in the space of a solidary window.      I don't think so.....       

Most of the other 21 riders travelled back  Sunday night, and they had plenty of options had their plane been delayed...    Pity Lambert didn't do the same..... 

So your telling us speedway riders book several flights for just 1 journey 

no dougt Robert had several options, an chose an airport nearest to Leicester landing in at 1.30 allowed him plenty of time, common sense 

I heard he even tried to get onto the Flight into Luton but was fully booked

saying he should publicly apologise I think he have on his racing page  but honestly why should he, when it wasn’t his fault, think he did put a picture up on twitter showing his flight was delayed

• Like 3

Whatever is Webbo like if his tea n toast is late in the morning or is coffee and biccies arrive at 11.05. That poor woman/man must have a hellva life;):D

Edited by semion

7 hours ago, HenryW said:

From what Flightradar24 reports, the outbound flight (FR1664) was fine, it departed 11 minutes behind schedule and arrived in Riga 16 minutes ahead of schedule, so there wouldn't seem to have been any obvious clues there that there was a problem until it was too late.

Then i apologise and accept that in those circumstances there was nothing he could do- however my orginal post saying that most of the speedway riders i knew would take the earliest flight available and sleep in a hotel room for a few hours before driving to the meeting.

16 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Keep on monitoring ................. you'll eventually notice a commonality  (clue:.......... NOT others)!

There's more on here than just I that are fed up with your dragging KL speedway through the mire at every opportunity you are able to create!

Please advise what opinionate is, can't find it in dictionary   (probably summat to do with dinner.............. I've had mine thanks)!

What a nasty piece of work you really are. 

Unlike some on here I can see  good, as well as bad in most sports, and speedway is no different ,   I  base  my opinions on both aspects.   You, and your fellow fans,  appear to only see the good and are blinded to anything else.    Some of the rubbish you write is laughable in the extreme,   Having followed the Stars for 53 years why would i want to put people off coming.   I feel  because i am one of the most experienced supporter i am well positioned to have a valued opinion.    But all you seem happy to do is a one sided assault on everything I write. 

Because of this continue stream of abuse, I have reported your behaviour to the forum bosses.    I've had enough of your perpetual mud slinging.....    I can assure you I am not the Village idiot to which you referred me as..

I hope and assume this is the last I hear from you....

NB.   As with everything else about you ,  you made fun implying  that I made words up & it was something you ate.    Well  'opinionate' is a current word,  and can be found if you  looked hard enough. :   

American Psychological Association (APA):

opinionate. (n.d.). Online Etymology Dictionary. Retrieved May 9, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinionate
Modern Language Association (MLA):
"opinionate". Online Etymology Dictionary. Douglas Harper, Historian. 9 May. 2018. <Dictionary.com http://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinionate>.

• Like 1

Thought the meeting was quite good, it's always difficult to get the water into the base of a track in +24c and a warm breeze.... I would also like to say that I have watched all the Polish meetings this season on freesport, and OK, the presentation, crowd levels are at a different level, the racing is very much processional, at least until the dirt is moved out, which seems to take until heats 7 to 9, then there's some passing, pretty much seems standard, wherever or whatever league you watch.... Its definitely not as good as some state on this forum, or any other social media... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shale Searcher said:

Thought the meeting was quite good, it's always difficult to get the water into the base of a track in +24c and a warm breeze.... I would also like to say that I have watched all the Polish meetings this season on freesport, and OK, the presentation, crowd levels are at a different level, the racing is very much processional, at least until the dirt is moved out, which seems to take until heats 7 to 9, then there's some passing, pretty much seems standard, wherever or whatever league you watch.... Its definitely not as good as some state on this forum, or any other social media... 

Blimey a post about speedway that appears informed and based on fact and some opinion from someone who is a fan rather than a travel agent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

What a nasty piece of work you really are. 

Unlike some on here I can see  good, as well as bad in most sports, and speedway is no different ,   I  base  my opinions on both aspects.   You, and your fellow fans,  appear to only see the good and are blinded to anything else.    Some of the rubbish you write is laughable in the extreme,   Having followed the Stars for 53 years why would i want to put people off coming.   I feel  because i am one of the most experienced supporter i am well positioned to have a valued opinion.    But all you seem happy to do is a one sided assault on everything I write. 

Because of this continue stream of abuse, I have reported your behaviour to the forum bosses.    I've had enough of your perpetual mud slinging.....    I can assure you I am not the Village idiot to which you referred me as..

I hope and assume this is the last I hear from you....

NB.   As with everything else about you ,  you made fun implying  that I made words up & it was something you ate.    Well  'opinionate' is a current word,  and can be found if you  looked hard enough. :   

American Psychological Association (APA):

opinionate. (n.d.). Online Etymology Dictionary. Retrieved May 9, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinionate
Modern Language Association (MLA):
"opinionate". Online Etymology Dictionary. Douglas Harper, Historian. 9 May. 2018. <Dictionary.com http://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinionate>.

Just don't react, we don't always agree but it's always been pretty civilised, all because we're fans and want the all round experience better for everyone. 

Like Trees, DizzyBlondeStar is also an insider. You and I both know that if they were to be found agreeing with any negative vibes Buster wouldn't allow them through the gates.

Never get into a conversation with an insider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just don't react, we don't always agree but it's always been pretty civilised, all because we're fans and want the all round experience better for everyone. 

Like Trees, DizzyBlondeStar is also an insider. You and I both know that if they were to be found agreeing with any negative vibes Buster wouldn't allow them through the gates.

Never get into a conversation with an insider.

I wasn't aware he was an insider,  to me he is just a rude individual , who resorts to name calling.     I was well aware Trees involvement and respect her bias opinion , but she doesn't get personal  about it.....