British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars Mon 07-05-2018: KO Cup 1st Leg

I was at Eye Green today and bumped into Roberts dad, he wasn't happy, 25 mintes fom EMA to find out the flight had been delayed, despite trying numerous options he couldn't get back in time for tonights meeting.

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I trust that that is Fake News. If not it's bringing the sport into disrepute.

Fake news? Disrepute? Why?

And what would you call Lambert not turning up for work? Just happens to make less traveling for him by now going straight to Sweden.....

At least Mountain will give it his all on a track he knows and does well at.....

Checking the Polish match results from Sunday 6th May,   22 riders competed there and were planned to race in the UK on Monday.    Of them 22 ,only Lambert failed too arrive.    His plane may have been delayed/cancelled , but cutting his timing that  tight, one has to question his priorities .      Why is it the Lynn Stars are always the ones to suffer...  

2 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Checking the Polish match results from Sunday 6th May,   22 riders competed there and were planned to race in the UK on Monday.    Of them 22 ,only Lambert failed too arrive.    His plane may have been delayed/cancelled , but cutting his timing that  tight, one has to question his priorities .      Why is it the Lynn Stars are always the ones to suffer...  

From what has been said, I'm assuming he was taking the Riga flight to East Midlands Do you really think that getting a flight that is due to arrive in East Midlands at 13:25 for an evening meeting at Leicester is cutting it tight?

He could have had a several hour delay amd still made it fine. It's just unfortunate that the flight had a huge delay.

• Like 6

Everybody else made it,     Hans Andersen made it, he hasn't let his team down    

• Like 1

Can't see R Lambert missing tonight on purpose as he rides Leicester well so has missed out on a good payday. But I did hear from a reliable source he won't be at Poole on Wednesday night for the Premiership Riders Championship.

I'm not saying he missed it on purpose,  What I'm saying he should have made earlier arrangement so when problems occur he has a contingency plan to fall back on.    Leaving it till the last minute is always racked with danger.      

As for the Poole meeting, nothing will surprise me.....

23 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I'm not saying he missed it on purpose,  What I'm saying he should have made earlier arrangement so when problems occur he has a contingency plan to fall back on.    Leaving it till the last minute is always racked with danger.      

As for the Poole meeting, nothing will surprise me.....

I think Henry's post sums it up, it was just very bad luck.

As for the meeting itself the Stars are doing ok, just two down at the interval.

The Stars are doing exceptionally well.       Considering .... 

There fighting,thats for sure. You can't ask any more. Ty is has stepped it up again tonight.NKI's scores looking better too.Well so far.

Well done to the Stars  to keep the tie alive.     You done the club proud   ..     

That's certainly something to bowl at, all credit to the team. Perhaps predictable that heats 13 & 15 would be tough with no Robert but a six point loss is turnoverable.

Not bad at all.

• Like 2

I just hope some of you never end up doing jury service when you are told the truth/facts you still judge whatever you want, I think arriving at an away track 41/2 hrs before a meeting is more than enough time,  not even sure the gate at Leicester would have been open anyway. Never mind it will only be someone else fault when its your flight delayed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Axeman said:

I just hope some of you never end up doing jury service when you are told the truth/facts you still judge whatever you want, I think arriving at an away track 41/2 hrs before a meeting is more than enough time,  not even sure the gate at Leicester would have been open anyway. Never mind it will only be someone else fault when its your flight delayed.

Are you Judge Rinder ?? or is it Judy ??

I'm sure a lot of Poole's dealings should be dealt with by jury... Nice to see Kasper slowly picking up the points.