British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Fixed race nights... early indications!!!

19 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Are tracks still going to run on tv Mondays, in other words in opposition to the televised meetings?

Doesn't make much sense if they do!

Too true,      I feel these fixed race night (FRN) idea  is about  10 yrs too late.     This should have been introduced to help and assist the schedule of those top riders when they rode over here,  not wait till they had all gone before implementing the idea.    But as like most things the BSPA do,  the FRN  has now been done solely to safeguard the promoters,  giving them the opportunity to sign  the riders for both leagues..     The main reason clubs like Ipswich and Sheffield  refused to join the Premiership was that their teams are made up of riders doing both leagues...    

The only people to benefit from FRN are the riders.....

• Like 4

Have always thought  FRN will do nothing to bring back the so called big names  reduce R/R  or Guests and may even inflict further damage to the sport in this country  ,the best way is with MONEY which is sadly in short supply as well !

My thoughts are that being on Wednesdays rather than Thursdays is proving to be a major problem now that the Danish league has got going. Somebody somewhere should have had more balls.

• Like 3

I've only been able to get to one meeting so far this year - for me the fixed nights are sending me away from the sport.

3 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

Have always thought  FRN will do nothing to bring back the so called big names  reduce R/R  or Guests and may even inflict further damage to the sport in this country  ,the best way is with MONEY which is sadly in short supply as well !

Spot on about the real reason for FRN, although I suspect one or two "superstars" will appear in England after 31 July (probably at Poole)  when their own GP chances have gone and the opportunity to sum extra greenbacks will entice them to grace out sport and us mugs will welcome them instead of calling them parasites.

Each year I wait the results of the AGM,  wondering what decisions they have done this time.   Needless to say my confidence in them is not that good.   When an organisation is so determined  to keep everything a secret,  one can only be suspicious.    It seems the BSPA is  run on similar lines to the Stone Masons, where information is restricted to the chosen few.   They are known to make decisions purposely to protect the movement.  Where this similarity falls down is that the BSPA need the public participation, whereas the Stone Masons don't.   

The BSPA have a big problem understanding that without the supporters there will be no BSPA.....       This FRN on a Wednesday was probably the worse decision I can remember....     Guaranteed to lose more supporters than it gains...   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, g13webb said:

Each year I wait the results of the AGM,  wondering what decisions they have done this time.   Needless to say my confidence in them is not that good.   When an organisation is so determined  to keep everything a secret,  one can only be suspicious.    It seems the BSPA is  run on similar lines to the Stone Masons, where information is restricted to the chosen few.   They are known to make decisions purposely to protect the movement.  Where this similarity falls down is that the BSPA need the public participation, whereas the Stone Masons don't.   

The BSPA have a big problem understanding that without the supporters there will be no BSPA.....       This FRN on a Wednesday was probably the worse decision I can remember....     Guaranteed to lose more supporters than it gains...   

I agree - except I think you mean "Masons" not "Stone Masons" :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midland Red said:

I always thought they were one of the same ,     even so, I know they're law unto themselves.  

• Sad 1

A classic case of trying to shut the stable door long after the thoroughbred horses had bolted, and then letting the tractors demolish the doors and let a load more escape.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, Midland Red said:

Same thing. Freemasonry or Masonry originated from local fraternities of stonemasons, which from the end of the fourteenth century regulated the qualifications of stonemasons. This coincidently was at around the same time the BSPA last made a sensible decision on how speedway should be run in the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Same thing. Freemasonry or Masonry originated from local fraternities of stonemasons, which from the end of the fourteenth century regulated the qualifications of stonemasons. This coincidently was at around the same time the BSPA last made a sensible decision on how speedway should be run in the UK.

No it was a century of so later that the BSPA urged the use of circular wheels in wooden frames and powered by only one oaf pushing ( weighing not more than two sacks of unmilled corn ). Mountees ( the name given to riders in the pre-motor era ) had to weigh at least a half a sack of milled corn ). The governing of these rules is why the BSPA was formed. After the internal combustion engine came into use, the oafs were found other roles within the BSPA. And that was the last rule that the BSPA agreed on.

The best thing next year would be 1 league and normal race nights,as so far this season it has made no difference regarding guests and missing riders.!!! It's just a circus nowadays.

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The best thing next year would be 1 league and normal race nights,as so far this season it has made no difference regarding guests and missing riders.!!! It's just a circus nowadays.

Who was missing tonight matches due to fixture clashes ?

Another awful weekday crowd at rye last night. Saturdays were so much better attendance wise.

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I doubt there are enough riders riding in the UK to sustain 1 league!