British Speedway Forum
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Ipswich Witches 6.30pm Sun 6th May.

Chucked it away again....

Wouldn't let Ipswich walk ya dog... can't keep hold of a lead...:o

Saying that..... not many teams will get much at Newcastle once they sort their team out...

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

I see it as 2 gained rather than 1 or 2 dropped

Newcy have strongest reserve pair in the league and could give their No 1 a full 7 rides - you dont expect to win away up against that scenario

• Like 1

I don't need to say what I think as I guarantee it will be different to nearly everyone elses. 

• Haha 1

Cheer up ya miserable pair of £@#!$

Excellent meeting tonight, we enjoyed ourselves no end.

Interesting trailer from Roy El Rantero (as I believe he is known when he does centregreen work for Madrid Toreadors) about a new "line-up" in a couple of weeks...more than one change in the offing, maybe?

Really enjoyed  that meeting.  A special mention  to Josh Pickering , edge of your seat stuff. He was superb 

• Like 5

Very entertaining tonight ipswich were worth the points had we not had a couple of heats in our favour near the end . Also very impressed with pickering he came rode the track and entertained reminded me of a young rene bach .

cracking meeting and a draw a very fair result

good to see lindgren looking more like himself - captains role tonight as the others weren't firing (wethers really struggling)

schlein and heeps were excellent but the star of the night was pickering - superb entertainment and gave his all worth without being reckless 

he can guest for us anytime at brough park

new line up as opposed to new rider ...........  sounds like at least 1 rider is under pressure

Highly entertaining meeting, one of the best I have seen at Newcastle. Ipswich probably should have won as the decision to handicap Pickering in heat 10 was harsh to say the least.

Why do you say that ... that's what the new rule was brought in to cover

the diamonds gated and were on a 5 1 when heeps fell and deliberately stayed down .... ref didn't have a choice ......

wheras in heat 14 hume was clearly in no condition to get off track when again the diamonds were on a 5 1 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Highly entertaining meeting, one of the best I have seen at Newcastle. Ipswich probably should have won as the decision to handicap Pickering in heat 10 was harsh to say the least.

I would agree there, I know its a new rule,,, but fair enough if its after one lap or two when they've sailed off into the distance, but bend 1/2 lap 1, IMO does look harsh.

Hats of to Pickering tho, he give it a good go.

I think the decision in Heat 10 was absolutely right, no effort by Heeps to get off the track. I think it's the best rule change for years. Josh Pickering - what a racer! We did well to avoid defeat and it was probably the fairest result.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

I would agree there, I know its a new rule,,, but fair enough if its after one lap or two when they've sailed off into the distance, but bend 1/2 lap 1, IMO does look harsh.

Hats of to Pickering tho, he give it a good go.

That's the way I saw it. Its an attempt to cut out   cheating where a team has no chance of getting anything more than a third in a race and one of their riders deliberately  lays down to get a re-run. You can see the reasoning quite clearly and I'd be surprised if many would disagree with it. 

Heeps simply fell - it was only on the first bend after all - but, to be fair to Mauger 65, he could (probably) have cleared the track and may have failed to do so just because Pickering was third. Not a deliberate lay down, but still potentially attempting to gain an advantage by staying  on the track and causing the race to be stopped.

While I suspect that is not the precise ground for use of the rule - which is highly discretionary - thinking about it in the end there's very little difference between staying down after a fall and deliberately bailing out.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1