British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BristolRebel

Rye House Rockets vs Somerset Rebels - Bank Holiday Monday

Line up per Somerset’s website: 

Rye House: Chris Harris, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Edward Kennett, Scott Nicholls (Capt), Aaron Summers, Max Clegg, Nikolai Busk-Jakobsen - Team manager: Peter Schroek

Somerset: Jason Doyle (Capt), Jake Allen, Charles Wright, Jack Holder, Richard Lawson, Jonas Jeppesen, Bradley Wilson-Dean - Team manager: Garry May

I think the hometrack advantage will play dividend. Home win by a couple, potential for an upset. 

Edited by BristolRebel

JD has to start scoring at least double figures, or the Rebels will have no chance away from home.    I note another failure by JD in Poland yesterday.   

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how Jeppesen goes at the dustbowl

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Bradley Wilson-Dean is fit for this? I believe he missed his Championship fixture on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Fred5 said:

JD has to start scoring at least double figures, or the Rebels will have no chance away from home.    I note another failure by JD in Poland yesterday.   

Another score like last Monday at Belle Vue would go down nicely! You couldn't get a track anymore opposite to Poland and Belle Vue however than Rye House.

The last time I went to Belle Vue was when we ended up with 4 riders after Perry and Rose plowed through the fence, Doyley went on to score 17 points and we snuck a point in heat 15. I'd to like that history could repeat itself with the score and we could at least sneak another point on the road today. 

Big crash in heat 1 but its taken over 150 minutes to run 15 heats at Rye.       Scott Nicholls hit form this weekend in a big way.

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Big crash in heat 1 but its taken over 150 minutes to run 15 heats at Rye.       Scott Nicholls hit form this weekend in a big way.

Looking at the updates it also took 5 attempts to run heat 9. I wasn't there so can't comment on how long that one took in total but it obviously added to the time taken.

28 minutes ago, Mark said:

Five attempts at one heat and frequent watering doesn’t help

13 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Five attempts at one heat and frequent watering doesn’t help

Thanks.   I read the updates and it did seem drawn out with watering.   Lots of standing around in the heat for spectators today.

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Thanks.   I read the updates and it did seem drawn out with watering.   Lots of standing around in the heat for spectators today.

plus side though not much dust and good racing - think there were actually 7 attempts to start heat 9

• Like 2

Would of taken a point at the start. Hope Jake is okay. Seems Doyley can't buy a decent start to save his life at the moment.

• Like 1

I was at the meeting and all the delays were unavoidable. If you don't want dust, you have to water the track between every other race in the heat we had at the track. Heat one crash delay was in the interest of rider safety and for that I for one am happy to wait. From where I was I agreed with all of the restarts in heat nine. 

Hope all the riders who took knocks are 100% fit very soon. Thank you to all the riders from both teams for some close and entertaining racing, even if they did get closer than they should have a number of times.

• Like 1

Was a decent meeting disappointing from the World Champion had he been at his best Somerset could well have won. Unavoidable delays due to crashes and unsatisfactory starts. What winds me up is the need for the riders to return to the pits after heat stopped for unsatisfactory start. Each time there seems to be a 30 second wait for the 2mins to go on then the two mins are used up so so a heat that’s restarted five times is a complete waste of time. Quite why we continue with afternoon meetings I have no idea dust is inevitable and so watering after every two heats adds so much time to a meeting. On the plus side a great performance from Scott Nicholls the best he has ridden for us but on the whole it really shows how weak we are even after a last heat five one Somerset go home with a point

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, westhamboy66 said:

Was a decent meeting disappointing from the World Champion had he been at his best Somerset could well have won. Unavoidable delays due to crashes and unsatisfactory starts. What winds me up is the need for the riders to return to the pits after heat stopped for unsatisfactory start. Each time there seems to be a 30 second wait for the 2mins to go on then the two mins are used up so so a heat that’s restarted five times is a complete waste of time. Quite why we continue with afternoon meetings I have no idea dust is inevitable and so watering after every two heats adds so much time to a meeting. On the plus side a great performance from Scott Nicholls the best he has ridden for us but on the whole it really shows how weak we are even after a last heat five one Somerset go home with a point

I didn't think riders were allowed back into pits after unsatisfactory start.