British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oleoleole

NOT!!! Coming soon! Keith 'Buster' Chapman interviewed by Steve Brandon at the NSSC.

For those of you who live within striking distance of Brandon you might want to make a note of this date in your diaries.

Thursday 24th May, start time 7:45. Steve Brandon (BT Sport) will be hosting the evening and interviewing the BSPA Chairman, Keith Chapman.

Everybody is welcome to attend with non-members only £3 and all proceeds to help Neil Vatcher and the GB Young Lions.

The venue is The Brandon Club, Main Street, Brandon, Coventry, CV8 3HW (just down the hill from the stadium).

It's a comfortable venue with a good bar (serving a particularly nice pint of Wye Valley's 'Butty Bach') and also serves hot drinks and light snacks.

Here's your chance to hear the Chairman's thoughts and also an opportunity to put your questions directly to him.

Everything you need to know is here; https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

Twitter @NSSCspeedway

Edited by oleoleole

Sorry. Just wanted to get this back to the top of the pile again.

We are hoping for a good turnout for this event. It's very good of Keith to give up his evening and give us fans the opportunity to discuss the current state of British Speedway and its future.

Everybody is welcome, only £3 entry and all money raised goes to help GB Youth speedway.

16 minutes ago, oleoleole said:

We are hoping for a good turnout for this event. It's very good of Keith to give up his evening and give us fans the opportunity to discuss the current state of British Speedway and its future.

Everybody is welcome, only £3 entry and all money raised goes to help GB Youth speedway.

I don't think it's very good of him at all, accountability is surely part of the job (even if such events are few and far between).

20 hours ago, oleoleole said:

Tell him thanks for his time surely it is in his job description??? there are people on the forum who work  fourty hours  plus a  week and often  unsociable hours.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Ask him the most essential question of all. Keith Chapman - Success or Failure leading the BSPA?

You do realise that at some point during the evening he's gonna tell you where to go and storm out like he has done for the last 20 years ?

2 hours ago, Whisperer said:

You do realise that at some point during the evening he's gonna tell you where to go and storm out like he has done for the last 20 years ?

To be fair, he is entitled to do it if the audience are not respectful, and don't want to listen. If someone has a go at me when I have agreed to give them my night I would walk, the least the audience can do is be respectful. 

• Like 2

Would love to attend this function, however due to work commitments this is not possible, Therefore could someone please ask the following question on my behalf.

“Did the BSPA invest money in the Gerhard engine”

Many Thanks in anticipation 

13 hours ago, Argos said:

Would love to attend this function, however due to work commitments this is not possible, Therefore could someone please ask the following question on my behalf.

“Did the BSPA invest money in the Gerhard engine”

Many Thanks in anticipation 

Yes

‪Unfortunately we understand that Keith Chapman is unable to attend tonight's meeting at the NSSC.‬

‪At this very late notice we are doing our best to fill the guest void.‬

‪Of course our host, Steve Brandon, will have plenty to say anyway so we will still have an enjoyable evening‬.

We hope to see plenty of you there despite being let down so late in the day.

I understand that the 4 Gerhard motors running his car has given up the ghost. 

A guest required - how apt :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Always an iffy "booking" so near to a GP.

It was just an iffy booking. To leave it until the day to cancel is not good

I don't think i would describe it as an "iffy booking".

NSSC had been promoting the evening for weeks, Buster would have known at the time he accepted that it was close to the Prague weekend and if he had doubts then it would have been simpler to decline his invitation.

To leave it until hours before the club meeting was due to start, and, if I understand correctly use a third party to inform NSSC without any explanation is completely out of order.

I understand also that he made himself unavailable to contact from anyone from Nuneaton who tried to speak to him . 

IMO that says more about Buster than any words could describe.

• Like 1