British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oleoleole

NOT!!! Coming soon! Keith 'Buster' Chapman interviewed by Steve Brandon at the NSSC.

21 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

IMO that says more about Buster than any words could describe.

Sadly that merely highlights that Buster is, was and will remain a law unto himself. Answerable to no-one. When he stands down ( unless like Putin and Xi he intends to rule forever ) will he just harangue and pester from the sidelines, as he did before he was elected as Chairperson?

I have no idea why he didn't turn up but will not make disparaging comments until I do.  I just hope it wasn't because of illness or family crisis.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I have no idea why he didn't turn up but will not make disparaging comments until I do.  I just hope it wasn't because of illness or family crisis.

Hmmm,          OK,  if you say so.

5 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I think the NOT!!! added to the thread title with three exclamation marks suggests they were let down without good reason, at the last moment. The post saying it's off would more likely have said unless it was something very private.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Sadly that merely highlights that Buster is, was and will remain a law unto himself. Answerable to no-one. When he stands down ( unless like Putin and Xi he intends to rule forever ) will he just harangue and pester from the sidelines, as he did before he was elected as Chairperson?

Sadly this could apply collectively to all those that are part of the inner circle that presently run Speedway in this country

https://twitter.com/NSSCspeedway?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.savecoventryspeedway.com%2F

Some comment from NSSC . Still no explanation for the late withdrawal from Buster..

The messages do seem to indicate the club felt very "let down" by his actions.

Edited by Dave Jones

For a BSPA Chairman he certainly is failing in knowing how to conduct himself. 

If it's family reasons they'd of said so whoever phoned on his behalf. The fact they called on the day and ask for nobody to try to call him is nothing short of abysmal and pathetic.

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

For a BSPA Chairman he certainly is failing in knowing how to conduct himself. 

If it's family reasons they'd of said so whoever phoned on his behalf. The fact they called on the day and ask for nobody to try to call him is nothing short of abysmal and pathetic.

I think your anti Lynn are not justified this season, but I agree about Buster..

I’ve a lot of time for the NSSC and all the good they do for young English riders, They get a lot of publicity on this forum it’s very amiss of them not to state the reason Buster give them for his non appearance, It’s all well and good asking fans to attend there meetings, but if a guest doesn’t turn up them said fans deserve the reason why.

2 minutes ago, Argos said:

I’ve a lot of time for the NSSC and all the good they do for young English riders, They get a lot of publicity on this forum it’s very amiss of them not to state the reason Buster give them for his non appearance, It’s all well and good asking fans to attend there meetings, but if a guest doesn’t turn up them said fans deserve the reason why.

I don't think they were given a reason, or explanation.

Edited by Gambo

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I don't think they were given a reason, or explanation.

He must have given some reason for his non appearance, as he didn’t just not turn up, as 2 hours before the start time it was put on this form that he would not be attending 

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think your anti Lynn are not justified this season, but I agree about Buster..

That's the thing, I'm not anti Lynn at all. I'm still a King's Lynn fan  I just dislike the owner and that's the only reason I don't go. I don't like how things are run a King's Lynn and any of my money going in his back pocket.

How he's behaved towards the NSSC is nothing but disgraceful and is totally untrustworthy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Argos said:

He must have given some reason for his non appearance, as he didn’t just not turn up, as 2 hours before the start time it was put on this form that he would not be attending 

No reason at all. It says just that on Twitter. No reason given and not to call him back

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

No reason at all. It says just that on Twitter. No reason given and not to call him back

Aha! he sussed it out that some fans would try to struggle in very difficult questions, perhaps even some embarrassing ones. Without Rob Godfrey there to back him up there might have been a series of " I'll have to get back to you on that one" answers.

12 hours ago, Argos said:

I'm afraid we were never given a reason. This event took a lot of planning and was going to be one of our biggest events of the year so it has been very disappointing. However we do not want to fuel a witch hunt.

In the end we had a great evening in the company of the ever professional Steve Brandon with an upbeat update from Jeff Davies on the latest situation at Brandon and a chat with Dan and Joe Thompson on the No Limits programme.

For many years we have enjoyed great support from all walks of speedway life. Riders, team managers, referees, promoters and the media. They all give up their time to entertain and inform us and all proceeds from the events go to support Neil Vatcher and the GB Young Lions U16's. We are proud of what our little club achieves and the support we have.

Our next event is a welcome return for Somerset's Debbie Hancock on 7th June (no pressure Debbie)

We then have a special night on 21st June when all proceeds will be for the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund. Our guests are Paul Ackroyd, Garry Stead, Stuart Robson and as Paul said one of his best customers, Adam Roynon. We have a couple of surprises planned and a raffle and auction to try and extract as much of your money as possible.

• Like 5