British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

I don't believe it

I wonder what would have happened if the BSPA had stuck to their Premiership Mondays/Thursdays fixed race nights - having initially agreed those 2 days with the FIM?!

15 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHY not seed the defending champion o the final?

To be honest that does seem to be the obvious answer.

45 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I imagine Sheffield would like a few hundred (?) extra  Aces supporters cheering CC on to pay at the gate on Thursday?

It still is what pays the bills.

Edited by Grand Central

40 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

It will never happen It makes too much sense,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

I imagine Sheffield would like a few hundred (?) extra  Aces supporters cheering CC on to pay at the gate on Thursday?

I'm not sure Sheffield will receive anything from the meeting?!?.

I'm sure the BSPA pay for the hire of the stadiums and all the admissions go straight to them.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm not sure Sheffield will receive anything from the meeting?!?.

I'm sure the BSPA pay for the hire of the stadiums and all the admissions go straight to them.

It's unfortunate though when some of the things one is most 'sure'  of.

Turn out to be wrong.

Scott Nichols rode Thursday Night Ipswich and Opposing riders cant see the problem, Should be professional enough at that level to have 2 vans 6 plus bikes and enough Kevlars, and why Practice, track is never the same the next day, and Dugard didn't when he won the British GP at Coventry

I just cant believe some of the decisions BSPA make, its as if they dont want this sport to pull itself out of the doldrums. Its got to the point all I am really interested in with speedway now is the GP's. Truly wanted to "get back into speedway", BV (my local track) has the best racing circuit in the UK, but I still cant get myself to go even on a semi regular basis. I feel sorry for CC, knowing he is a bag of nerves, but can do the right thing on occasions, and the BSPA cant snick him into a Tuesday meeting rather then a Thursday meeting - a disgrace.

At least the BSPA have avoided putting Chris Harris and James Shanes into the Thursday semi-final at Sheffield, because it clashes with their world long-track meeting in Germany tomorrow (Thursday).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I just cant believe some of the decisions BSPA make, its as if they dont want this sport to pull itself out of the doldrums. Its got to the point all I am really interested in with speedway now is the GP's. Truly wanted to "get back into speedway", BV (my local track) has the best racing circuit in the UK, but I still cant get myself to go even on a semi regular basis. I feel sorry for CC, knowing he is a bag of nerves, but can do the right thing on occasions, and the BSPA cant snick him into a Tuesday meeting rather then a Thursday meeting - a disgrace.

Sorry but if he can’t control his nerves he shouldn’t be a speedway rider- lining up for his 1st race on Saturday night in front of 50000 cheering Poles will be the ultimate test(straight through the tapes i wouldn’t wonder)

• Like 2

I know i'm setting myself up for the piss takers on this site, but I have suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my adult life.

Over the years the anxiety has got so bad I hate being amongst people and at times even family (Christ knows why), if CC anxiety is that bad he would'nt be riding in front of 50k people.

He also should'nt expect the rest of the world to pander to his wants and walk on eggshells when around him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Correct, he is more likely to pull from BV at Sheffield rather than Leicester despite both clubs being owned by the same promotion. They must have somebody on the Management Committee looking out for them. :blink:

• Like 1

Anxiety at whatever level is relatively easily managed ( I know from years of experience ) with a combination of medication and therapy, I am not sure which medication is compatible with professional motorsport but I am sure that CC must be aware of this. It cannot be used as an excuse for poor performance ( if that happens ) IF the correct steps of medication ( where permitted ) and talking therapy are taken. Lets hope that CC is being professional about managing his condition as well as his performances on track. I am a big fan of what he is capable of on track and want to see him conquer his condition at the times when it is most intrusive.

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Anxiety at whatever level is relatively easily managed ( I know from years of experience ) with a combination of medication and therapy

That's a very naive statement. Things have worked for you and that's pleasing. For me no amount of medication or therapy is working. 

Had all sorts of counselling and every antidepressants going to no avail, been out of work for 2yrs now through this, all started from a bang to the head.

There is no 1 quick fix to everybody's evils, we're all different. 

• Like 7