British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

PLRC @ Poole - 09/05/2018

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Adam Ellis in, Craig Cook out...

Another one who has history of pulling out of these meetings, hope he has a doctor's note this time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Denmark has priority on a Wednesday. It was agreed. Britain has priority on Monday and Thursday.

It was quite simple wasn't it?

Monday - Britain

Tuesday - Sweden

Wednesday - Denmark

Thursday - Britain

Friday - Poland

Saturday - Poland

Sunday - Poland..

Everyone leaves the meetings with agreed proposals..

Cannot think how it all went wrong..:D

(Amazed Poland didn't fight for Monday's and give up one of their weekend days)..:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, poole keith said:

amazing how these meetings seem to always deteriorate  as start time approaches

That's not a deterioration that's a bonus, much rather see Adam Ellis ride.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Adam Ellis in, Craig Cook out...

Why? Has he broken a nail or doesn't want the embarrassment of finishing down the field. Saying he's withdrawn without a reason leads to speculation. No shows are also one reason i cannot warm to him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That's not a deterioration that's a bonus, much rather see Adam Ellis ride.

If he's as fast as he was on Monday he could be up there with the leaders.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gresham78 said:

Is there anybody going to this meeting? Can't believe we've got to this time before anybody's mentioned it. 

You're not really. That's where the new era of British Speedway is these days.

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Unfortunately this is what happens when you move the goal posts. Agreed by Polish, Swedish, Danish & British federations that we would have priority on Monday & Thursday. With the rearranged fixtures planned on Wednesday nights it could get worse. Bspa should have stuck to the agreed days.

And then we arrive back at the Ipswich/Sheffield thing!!

The BSPA seem to be able to make a Sow's Ear out of a Silk Purse:P

So Cook doesn't fancy it now, this is becoming a waste of time. Having the meeting pushed around the fixture list doesn't help. There was a time it was towards the end of the season and everybody looked forward to it. Sadly the prestige seems to have gone and the prize money with it I should imagine. Perhaps it's time to consign this fixture to history.

This is all a far cry from those heady days at Hyde road, when this meeting used to be one of the highlights of the season.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Why? Has he broken a nail or doesn't want the embarrassment of finishing down the field. Saying he's withdrawn without a reason leads to speculation. No shows are also one reason i cannot warm to him.

From Craig Cook's Twitter

"Unfortunately our van has broken down and we have tried everything to make the meeting without any success. I did inform a SGB representative about the situation and I most certainly did not withdraw myself without reason. I swear if didn’t have bad luck right now I’d have none"

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

This is all a far cry from those heady days at Hyde road, when this meeting used to be one of the highlights of the season.

They were the best,  don`t remember any riders pulling out of those meetings, they were as good as a world final.

10 minutes ago, Hasbeen said:

"Unfortunately our van has broken down and we have tried everything to make the meeting without any success. I did inform a SGB representative about the situation and I most certainly did not withdraw myself without reason. I swear if didn’t have bad luck right now I’d have none"

Well if he says it, it must be true, lucky he wasn't on his way to a belle vue meeting or gp

Good idea to hold it on the South Coast. Nice central location. Belle Vue would have been so inconvenient to get to for most.

35 minutes ago, Hasbeen said:

So why was that not on the BSPA announcement?