British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

PLRC @ Poole - 09/05/2018

attendance not great,track seemed good,initially racing somewhat processional  but got much better,doyle rode and won like the world champion he is,overall an enjoyable meeting,though bloody cold

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

What are you on about!!!!? Farce of a field?   Some right bloody moaning minnies on here...and how many of you got off your arses to go tonight?   Stop bloody moaning and get on with your lives.FFS....always something to moan about. Why not give some credit for once for crying out loud you P!ss me off you moaning FKG lot

we were right, Gavan couldn't resist a pop at Brady

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

grim 1000 at the most i would guess cold evening as well

:o

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

grim 1000 at the most i would guess cold evening as well

Poor. If I remember correctly the one in 2016 at Brandon was 3,000 plus. That was towards the end of the season, on a Saturday and in a central location. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Poor. If I remember correctly the one in 2016 at Brandon was 3,000 plus. That was towards the end of the season, on a Saturday and in a central location. 

Exactly more people will go towards the end of the season as they want the speedway fix before the season ends. It's been at Poole before and the attendance hasn't been terrible but has the event been promoted properly?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly more people will go towards the end of the season as they want the speedway fix before the season ends. It's been at Poole before and the attendance hasn't been terrible but has the event been promoted properly?

I didn’t even know it was on tonight at Poole until I saw Cook had pulled out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I didn’t even know it was on tonight at Poole until I saw Cook had pulled out

I only knew cos I follow Poole on twitter and it tweeted what the next home meeting was!

If I didn't see it on here earlier,i wouldn't of known. A bit early. I admit I'm not that interested in it. But thought it was each teams top 2 riders average.

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Message was deleted cos I was irate about other stuff not necessarily this thread......oh well.....onwards we march. 

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

Begs the question why the event wasn't held on a Thursday then? More sub standard fixture planning.

Doubling up?

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If I didn't see it on here earlier,i wouldn't of known. A bit early. I admit I'm not that interested in it. But thought it was each teams top 2 riders average.

adam ellis came in to replace craig cook as a late replacement

I guess the BSPA will continue to run this meeting until such time as they cant turn a profit on it.   How times have changed from the days when riders had to battle hard to even  get a place at Belle Vue for that end of season Finale.  Really meant something to even get there, let alone win it.

I guess  thats the World of Speedway in The UK in 2018.  Amazing what the punters are prepared to put up with these days.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, semion said:

I guess  thats the World of Speedway in The UK in 2018.  Amazing what the punters are prepared to put up with these days.

True.

But no more than 1000, apparently. are.

9 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So I say before the start of the meeting that Kurtz is one of the favourites.

He comes last in the final and because I said he blew the final I’m having a pop! 

Your a little bit to precious sweetie 

In the Aussie champs he blew every final and again he came last here. It’s not having a dig it’s just factual. What do you want me to say lol

I found it a very boring event last night. Poor racing, a terribly dusty track for the last half dozen heats, while the first 8 heats were the same as Swindon on Monday with little to no passing. All played out in front of a small crowd. Only saw one visiting Swindon fan sitting behind us. 

Not sure how Gavan can say Brady blew the final. He was on one of the worst gates with the World champ on the best gate!

I have to say the program was excellent though.

• Like 1