British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Mildenhall Wed 9th May KO Cup 1st Leg

IRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Mitchell Davey, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Jamie Sealey, Leon Flint.

MILDENHALL: Josh Bailey, Sam Bebee, Jordan Jenkins, Ryan Kinsley, Danny Ayres, Matt Marson, Drew Kemp. 

The tiers two high flying teams meet tonight as an early marker of where each team is at and would say its almost too tight to call. The Fen Tigers heat leaders have all been performing well and Kemp at reserve has been hammering in points.

The Brummies Heat leaders have been no slouches either and Flint has likewise got off to a flyer. Certainly not a bad move either by the Birmingham promotion to keep Butcher rested and bring in Sealey. 

I suspect the meeting is going to swing based upon the performances of the second strings from each side and who can avoid any silly exclusions. If i was forced to make a call i would think a narrow home win but not enough of a lead to see them through to the next round of the KOC.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
spelling
  • Like 1

I think you've got it almost spot on sings with this one .

I'm really looking forward to this meeting it should be a cracker .

Brummies shade it in the heat leader department 

Milldenhall shade it in reserves especially if Kemp takes beebee and marson 4th rides 

So it all falls on layne again can be best there second strings it really is a case of layne bingo in each race which only adds to the excitement..

I have mentioned before but these are the fixtures i look forward to and enjoy the ones that are tight and can go either way your 60-30 matches and boring in my opinion .

Last of all safe trip to any milldenhall fans making the trip and hope all the riders stay safe also.

P.s there is a second half bulls v mk knights 

I will update the team new for that shortly 

• Like 1

2 dreadful crashes marred what was looking like a good meeting. 

The heat 5  crash was one of the worst I've seen in a long while. 

Well wishes to Jordan Jenkins (heat 12), Sam Bebee and of course Mitchell Davey. 

Paramedics,  riders and staff showed major concern for Mitch who was described as having a 'massive head trauma' by the doctor on scene.

Fingers crossed all riders recover well.

• Like 2

Just now, Brummie Kev said:

My thoughts are with the injured riders tonight after two horrible crashes. Firstly to Mitchell Davey, it was horrible to witness that and to see riders pile into him when he was on the track is something you never want to see. I was a bit concerned when the track staff were asked to form a barrier around Mitchell when the paramedics were treating him on the track and Mitchells parents who had flown over were called out to the track. Thankfully they said he was conscious but I send all my best wishes to Mitch. Also Sam Bebee as well who himself was on the end of a serious crash a season or so back, he had to withdraw with a wrist injuries from the same crash, best wishes to him.

Ive seen a few riders come off on bend 4 but Jordan Jenkins really hit the wooden fence hard. After some time down he got up and into the ambulance, so I hope he is okay.

Its nights like tonight you realise what a superb job the paramedics do, I take my hat off to them. Once again I hope all the riders tonight make a full recovery.

I have to say it was shocking for all the staff to have to shield Davey from the public. Not a part of the job that I can say I found very easy either. 

Steve why were you asked to do that ? Because to be honest like kev says we all thought the worst ,to hear he was conscious was such a relief i couldn't tell you ...

again like kev and you say results don't matter on nights like this there were two horrendous crashes and best wishes to all riders and family

• Like 2

Brummies twitter saying Mitch to be kept in intensive care overnight while they monitor his progress. Praying for Mitch and his family right now.

• Like 1

Hearing about tonight makes results between teams so insignificant. Best wishes to all injured riders and especially Mitchell.  

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Steve why were you asked to do that ? Because to be honest like kev says we all thought the worst ,to hear he was conscious was such a relief i couldn't tell you ...

again like kev and you say results don't matter on nights like this there were two horrendous crashes and best wishes to all riders and family

Think it was more to protect Mitch and to protect the public from what was an awful sight. It was very serious at that stage. 

Update from Lee Kilby on  Davy from social media land is heavily sedated with broken bones,vertibrae damaged lung here's wishing a speedy recovery 

Edited by zlata prilba

14 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

Update from Lee Kilby on  Davy is heavily sedated with broken bones,vertibrae damaged lung here's wishing a speedy recovery 

Best wishes to the young man.

Best wishes to Mitchell, Donna and his parents, our thoughts are with you. It’s awful that his parents had to witness it but good they weren’t on the other side of the world

Also best wishes to the other 2 lads

• Like 4

Update of milldenhall Twitter feed 

Sam beebee is suffering from wrist injurys and jordan Jenkins is ok just battered and bruised feeling very second hand ...

Now hopefully Mitchell can pull through .

• Like 1

There is a further update on Mitchell Daveys webpage he has 12 broken ribs aswell as the other terrible injures he has.