British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

The Stars need to turn a 6 point defeat in the away leg into an agg win.

With a full team I can see Lynn 10 point winners. Although the Lions top 2 are a class act.

Lynn's reserves could be the difference.

Thoughts

I May have misheard but didn't they say against Swindon Niels was missing and cook was guesting again

Going on our performances so far this season you would have to fancy us to overturn the deficit, especially if Leicester can't replace King adequately. However the Lions are still a decent and fancied team so it could go either way.

Having done a remarkable job to keep it close in the first leg, i am fairly confident we can complete the job in the 2nd leg.   Having won both our home meetings by a bigger margin than we need to do,  we  are more than capable of getting into the next round.    Leicester cannot be under estimated, especial with Danes  KB & HA leading them from the front.   Both are exceptional gaters and go well here at the AFA.    Lambert and Niels  will have there work cut-out to keep them intact.   I see our advantage coming from riders lower down the order who have started the season well.   

I don't know when the new positioning order of the reserves come into play following the recent announcement of CMA .  I believe  this will project Kerr into the team proper, replacing  either MPT or  TJ.  , but whichever  rider is relegated to reserve should be able to score plenty of points against lesser opposition.    Its a win -win situation. 

Hoping we have enough  points clear before heats 13 and 15 , as I can imagine  those heats could get quite tense....

Agree Webbo..One thing for sure is we will always have a strong reserve. And lets hope Ty continues his great start to the season and Niels picks up a bit.  

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Agree Webbo..One thing for sure is we will always have a strong reserve. And lets hope Ty continues his great start to the season and Niels picks up a bit.  

I never once thought Ty Proctor was a gamble.   I always had belief he would do very well and so far my thoughts have been vindicated.   Only injuries have restricted his progress in the past.   If he get a clear run, I'm sure he will be a terrific team player....   No Worries.           Pity about Rose decision to stand down, MPT will grow in that position,    Andersen will also improve, leaving Niels the one big question mark to date.        Form is  only temporary , whereas Class is usual permanent, so hoping Niels will recover his once dominant form.... 

I have a feeling that both teams have a number of riders missing with both Bjerre and Anderson missing for Leicester along with Iverson,Kasper Anderson and MPT all in the Danish League.

Just hope that both fans are kept up to date with replacements

15 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I have a feeling that both teams have a number of riders missing with both Bjerre and Anderson missing for Leicester along with Iverson,Kasper Anderson and MPT all in the Danish League.

Here we go :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, flagrag said:

If that’s the case count me out of this one as well - whoever had the brainwave to race on a Wednesday? Absolutely clueless- should definitely have been Monday and Thursday - Think you have to question why KL doesn’t race Monday’s not an ideal night but we just might see our full team and visiting team .

• Like 1

Bjerre and MPT obviously signed after fixtures were scheduled but even so this match should never have been planned on a night when three others were missing. As others have said if there aren't suitable Wednesdays it should have been on a Monday, even if riders don't like flying back to the UK in between Poland and Sweden.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Haza said:

If that’s the case count me out of this one as well - whoever had the brainwave to race on a Wednesday? Absolutely clueless- should definitely have been Monday and Thursday - Think you have to question why KL doesn’t race Monday’s not an ideal night but we just might see our full team and visiting team .

Once the BSPA agreed to run on Wednesdays, this was always going to be the case.   Teams like Leicester and Lynn,  by their  inclusion of Danish riders would always suffer the most.     I cant believe the mentality of a committee that would agree to run on Wednesdays, knowing full well the Danes have priority on that day.   

To compound the situation,  the Stars now have 4 Danish riders in their team.   This could always be a stumbling block if we continue racing  Wednesday meetings..     Also, because we have these FRN now, the chances of adequate replacement  are slim.   2 other matches on that same night, leaving only Wolves or Belle Vue riders would be the only options available .  

So, by allowing the clubs to choose their race night,    the BSPA has destroyed any chance of the Premiership  running  as a sustainable option.     They've made a real 'Pigs Ear'  of the whole mess,  just to satisfy CL  teams who race on Thursday.    Once the UK had been given the priority on Thursdays, that had to be our FRN.   Those clubs still wanting to retain those Thursdays should have been told it was a Premiership FRD.   Either they race in the PL or  choose another day.

NB  A few days back , I and a few others,  were discussing the idea of the Stars doing well, and that each time we sense  we could be in with a shout , something crops up, rules get changed, someone gets injured,   too swarth  our chances.   it was said it happens everytime.    A poster from Swindon even said  they felt the same when they went years without success, but keep faith and it will come.       

It seems our chances this year could be destroyed before it has even begun.    This will be our third home meeting of the season, and the second without a full team.  What chances have we got  to succeed when   we cant even guarantee what the team will be.....    

• Like 2

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

What a joke that is and totally unfair on both KL and Leicester. We should stuck with Monday and Thursday and told the CL Thursday teams who wouldn't budge that the PL teams had priority on all riders all of the time.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

You're normally on the ball so do you know for certain or just guessing?

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Bjerre and MPT obviously signed after fixtures were scheduled but even so this match should never have been planned on a night when three others were missing. As others have said if there aren't suitable Wednesdays it should have been on a Monday, even if riders don't like flying back to the UK in between Poland and Sweden.

Monday’s are not ideal wedged between Poland Sunday Sweden Tuesday and stock cars most weekends at Lynn but what are the options? Lynn as a club will suffer by signing Danish riders - how can fans be expected to turn up each meeting when we don’t have our own 1-7 we’ve had one home meeting with our own team . 

The organisation of speedway in this country = couldn’t organise piss up in brewery 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Monday’s are not ideal wedged between Poland Sunday Sweden Tuesday and stock cars most weekends at Lynn but what are the options? Lynn as a club will suffer by signing Danish riders - how can fans be expected to turn up each meeting when we don’t have our own 1-7 we’ve had one home meeting with our own team . 

The organisation of speedway in this country = couldn’t organise piss up in brewery 

It's not just restricted to Dane's. Our most outstanding rider and local Robert Lambert is also caught up in this. If Denmark pick him he has to go.

We run the risk of losing 5 rider's on our home fixtures. 

It absolutely absurd :angry:

• Like 1