British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

We are member at Notts and to be honest they can’t do enough for you they totally respect fans and value fans worlds apart from speedway , our membership includes discount because we live over 30 miles from Trent Bridge - what a great idea that is - imagine Buster doing that on season tickets ? It’s time these speedway promotions woke up and smelt the coffee days are gone when 15 heats is enough people want more and to be valued or at least feel valued as a customer. 

Watching paint dry springs to mind. 

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I did too :approve:

What about a sun strip stuck on the window in the car:)

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

What about a sun strip stuck on the window in the car:)

Had one lol. At least we have something different on the thread for a change 

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Had one lol. At least we have something different on the thread for a change 

Returning to the doom and gloom though,those awfully smelling toilets between bends one and two.Good job i could hold my breath longer back then:lol:

• Haha 2

People moan about the delays these days.Back then it gave me more time to drink.

Another one...Welcome to sunshine speedway, Saddlebow Road ...the home of the King's Lynn Stars

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, g13webb said:

From that comment ,  you are obviously in the  'Privilege  few'  that have been informed of the teams.      It just illustrates  the attitude of the club, that is infuriating the real fans by being kept in the dark.    I am not particularly bothered who it is ,  but being kept informed is the important part     Unless we are told of the team before the match ,   there is no way I will pay to watch speedway without knowing who I will be watching...

I thought this Brundle chap was suppose to be take the club on a new direction,  pointing out  the Club and Fans being of one vision.       This sure contradicts a of that statement ....

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

With all due respect to Steve it's ridiculous that the track photographer knows the team but customers don't. There should have been a press release yesterday morning let alone this morning. 

The club really don't help themselves.

nothing to do with information from the club!! but i was in Warsaw for the practice friday and GP saturday and was talking to people

Leicester will have RR for Anderson and Wells for King as his arm was very painful after a couple of rides tonight so has pulled out of Kings Lynn tomorrow 

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

People moan about the delays these days.Back then it gave me more time to drink.

Another one...Welcome to sunshine speedway, Saddlebow Road ...the home of the King's Lynn Stars

I honestly never used to notice the time when I was a kid then when we had our gang on the 1st/2nd bend we had so much banter going on we still didn’t notice the time took, it just wasn’t a thing!  Speedway took as long as it did, loved every minute :)

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

I honestly never used to notice the time when I was a kid then when we had our gang on the 1st/2nd bend we had so much banter going on we still didn’t notice the time took, it just wasn’t a thing!  Speedway took as long as it did, loved every minute :)

And it was a Saturday night not a Wednesday 

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Watching paint dry springs to mind. 

If you say so - I used to have a similar opinion- but at least they no how to respect customer how to value the most important thing in an club the fans .Speedway has long forgotten that . 

10 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Me too:lol:

dont think they liked me saying fans are treated like mugs and mushrooms.

cant have been cos I said the line ups were a pile of rubbish cos that's the truth :D

I’m blocked as well on Twitter - I find it absolutely amazing that a business that’s wants my money can’t take criticism I’d have thought the obvious answer would be trying to correct the problem rather than block fans because they don’t tow the line and wear blinkers - all that does is make me even less likely to spend my cash at the club sadly . Seems to me you have to be a happy clapper or they don’t want you . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, klstarts3bm said:

Think you’ll find it’s Schlein for Bjerre, Wells for Hans and Howarth for King

Are Leicester allowed guests for all 3 heatleaders? #unsureoflatestrules

10 hours ago, Trees said:

But most of those criticising aren’t paying customers are they?? 

What a petty statement that is ,    Do you really think you have to pay admission before you are entitled to an opinion  ??      How sad !!

If Cookie pulled out last minute then no doubt Dale had to find a replacement, no point in putting a PR out naming Cook only to have to retract it with another one a few hours later?

We now know the team, let’s just go there, pretend we are Polish fans and make some noise for our team :D  There’s real needle in this meeting, something hanging on the aggregate score, something to get the adrenaline flowing :D

As much as I respect the work you do for the supporter club,    sometimes you talk such utter rubbish.        It takes less time to make an announcement  than it took you to write this post.   When there is unrest with the fans ,   someone in the know could put their minds at rest with one small message.   We don't need to know every last detail, but we deserve to know the  real situation, instead of the rumours  that were flying around..

As for acting like the poles,   this is a two way thing,   Over there, they are appreciated, they are kept in the picture, and are not ripped off.    Probably if we were treated similar then probably we would act the same way.   

Yeah used to be but they have fallen out of love with the sport, it happens, there’s loads of ex fans about who keep an interest but don’t care enough to go any more ........ I have one at home here, but at least he doesn’t criticise at every single given opportunity, he’d rather reminisce about the old days when he was young and loved speedway :D

Fans,     Customers,    Mugs,      that's  the  feelings I have on the way us speedway supporters have been treated through the years.    I haven't fallen out of love with the sport, my love for speedway racing is still as strong as its ever been.   Going to Norwich as a youngster was encapsulating  and felt like you belong to something special.    When speedway started at Saddlebow Road that feeling was the same,   It is only in recent years has that original perception has changed.      I went through a period when I felt more like a customer than a fan because of the way the fans were being treated.       Now I feel more like a Mug, being taken for a ride.       Probably that's the reason so many have stop going nowadays...

No,  it is not the sport I've fallen out of love with ,    its the Kings Lynn Club that has lost my support, for the way  they distance themselves from us, thinking we don't have an opinion nor the right to question the way we are being treated....

I go to Speedway now for my own enjoyment,    to see close exciting racing.    Win or lose,      it doesn't bother me.     It was the club,  that has taken that membership away...  

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Are Leicester allowed guests for all 3 heatleaders? #unsureoflatestrules

Yes - a change brought in this winter