British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

Not a bad meeting again tonight.Good to see K.Andersen enjoy his paid win tonight,then ht 14 not so happy when he had problems with his bike at the start.All 6 Stars contributed well with decent scores.Some good scraps tonight mainly involving Schlein and various Lynn riders.

The Lynn management proved they made the right call in the end as regards having Auty for MPT rather than a guest for NKI.

Leicester pretty poor in the main.Expected so much more from the Pole having seen him in the World u21's a few years back.He was awesome that night scoring something like 19pts.

Even with a full team i don't think Leicester would have beaten Lynn tonight.Lynn tipped as the basement boys seem to have some belief that they are far from that.

What has happened to Lambert he seems to going well where ever he is riding atm.Does this fitness regime help with sharpness away from the gate because he has certainly upped his game in that department.

Good luck to Lambert and NKI in the GP qualifier in Slangerup on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Bert said:

Why start yet another item of fake news ? I assume your happy if you managed to stop a few attending,  you really won’t  be happy until KL speedway is no more, ok we get it you no longer attend but those that do have enjoyed 3 good meetings this year....oh the absent Auty was exceptional tonight.

Congratulations on a Stars win .

As it turned out Campos wasn’t in for Auty all I did was repeat a post on Twitter I certainly didn’t start it and as far as I no I’ve never started fake news thank you . 

you are wrong on me wanting KL speedway closed - totally 100% wrong but guess that your opinion and I respect your views .

if anyone didn’t attend that’s there choice not mine that’s entirely up to them if they went or not . 

Pleased Auty had a good night and by the sound of it so did the rest of the team and progressed to the semi finals . 

Well done to the Stars 

• Like 1

Not the meeting I had expected it to be .   After 4 winners in the first 5 heats,  Leicester were then totally overcome and never won another heat.    Was that because the Stars were that good, or was it that Leicester wasn't up for a fight.  It was hard to tell.   Guests Schlein and Wells battled hard but the rest were disappointing.   Robert Lambert is really benefitting from his new gating prowess.   But for a wicked lift coming out of L4B2  he would have secured another maximum.    It would be wrong to pick out individuals as all the Stars gave a creditable display that will only benefit them as a team.     I am in no doubt Leicester suffered more than the Stars with top riders missing.   and although  on another day  they would have been a tougher nut to crack,  I still believe  the Stars would have won with the determination they showed last night.  

It was my intention to go to the after show meet in the bar, but the meeting dragged on..   and on.       The attendance was down from the start,  but when its that cold we need to press on.   After 4 heats we have long track grade.   It felt like the  tractor took as long as the racing.   After ht 8 we have another track grade.  Probably  lasting another 10 /15 mins.   After another 2 heats  and we then have an interval.  I looked at the watch, it was 9-15 and we have had only 10 races.    The Royal Box was now half empty,   same with the Car park.   It was that cold  people were leaving early to get warm...      But the progress was that slow.    By the time I got to the Car at the end it was 10 o clock.  

Some will say I'm always moaning,  but do these meetings need to be so drawn out,    Do we need a  track grade after ht 8 and  then an interval 2 races later.       Why not have the track grade and interval together  after heat 8.       In the end the terrific performance by the riders was overshadowed  by the long meeting and the freezing conditions.     

• Like 3

Shouldn't be lasting for over two hours. The cynic in me would suggest that after a slickly run first meeting food and drink takings were down ;)

Pleasantly surprised by the winning margin, assuming we can stay clear of injury this team could be dark horses for top four and beyond, great to see. Some really positive feedback from paying customers on Twitter which is pleasing, just need to tweak the PR a bit and minimise those Danish clashes and this could be a very good year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

I wonder why there was no mention of the team line up on the Lion's website? Only Harry & Megan's wedding will see more guests this week. (Actually there is a rumour that Schlein may stand in for Megan's dad on Saturday)!

Not worth it for Rory as they are only paying a grand!

43 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It was my intention to go to the after show meet in the bar, but the meeting dragged on..   and on.       The attendance was down from the start,  but when its that cold we need to press on.   After 4 heats we have long track grade.   It felt like the  tractor took as long as the racing.   After ht 8 we have another track grade.  Probably  lasting another 10 /15 mins.   After another 2 heats  and we then have an interval.  I looked at the watch, it was 9-15 and we have had only 10 races.    The Royal Box was now half empty,   same with the Car park.   It was that cold  people were leaving early to get warm...      But the progress was that slow.    By the time I got to the Car at the end it was 10 o clock.  

Some will say I'm always moaning,  but do these meetings need to be so drawn out,    Do we need a  track grade after ht 8 and  then an interval 2 races later.       Why not have the track grade and interval together  after heat 8.       In the end the terrific performance by the riders was overshadowed  by the long meeting and the freezing conditions.    

Thanks for telling it as it is webby. That is not moaning. I did't go on principle because of the missing Danish riders even though I missed a great performance by Robert. But other factors like the meeting dragging on and on don't appeal to me much either. As for the lack of information until 24 hours before the match - nothing has changed with the approach of KLS to keeping fans in the loop. With the return of Iversen much heralded I want to see him in the team. Of course congratulations are due to the overall team effort.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Racing this year is definitely much better than last season or two.

Wow! Based on what I saw from last night it must have been terrible in the last season or two then!

I don't think I've ever read through a more hysterical thread than this one on the forum and all over a nothing KOC match with some missing riders, you'd think people would be used to it by now after the last few years of DU madness! It probably points to deeper rooted problems at Lynn though.

Anyway against my better judgement I decided to go to this one, probably with the memory and in the hope of how good KL used to be as opposed to the reality of today and here's my experience...

Yes it was cold, that can't be helped but at least they'll move the meeting along... How it can take 2 hours and 10 minutes to run 15 60 second races is beyond me and there were no real incidents to speak of, Leicester managed 20 heats in 1 and 3/4 hours the night before. I'm stood on the terraces amongst a load of OAP's listening to deafening club anthems of the 90's, I find a new rule has been introduced to yet further rob the paying public of seeing the riders they've paid to see, I assume the centre green rule has been introduced to get lower insurance premiums or something?? And the actual racing on track was dog poop

And all this at the home of the guy that's charged with running the "sport" in this country

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't think I've ever read through a more hysterical thread than this one on the forum and all over a nothing KOC match with some missing riders, you'd think people would be used to it by now after the last few years of DU madness! It probably points to deeper rooted problems at Lynn though.

Anyway against my better judgement I decided to go to this one, probably with the memory and in the hope of how good KL used to be as opposed to the reality of today and here's my experience...

Yes it was cold, that can't be helped but at least they'll move the meeting along... How it can take 2 hours and 10 minutes to run 15 60 second races is beyond me and there were no real incidents to speak of, Leicester managed 20 heats in 1 and 3/4 hours the night before. I'm stood on the terraces amongst a load of OAP's listening to deafening club anthems of the 90's, I find a new rule has been introduced to yet further rob the paying public of seeing the riders they've paid to see, I assume the centre green rule has been introduced to get lower insurance premiums or something?? And the actual racing on track was dog poop

And all this at the home of the guy that's charged with running the "sport" in this country

Nothing wrong with OAP's, if it wasn't for fans 'of a certain age' the terraces would be empty.

As for the lad who got excluded for going across the centre green, well that was the most entertainment he provided all night!!! Very disappointed with his performance, thought he flew around Lynn? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Nothing wrong with OAP's, if it wasn't for fans 'of a certain age' the terraces would be empty.

Absolutely not... I'm rapidly heading that way myself, my point was why on earth are they playing deafening 90's club anthems over the PA when the majority of the crowd is over 60. Are they hoping that by playing this music the yoof (90's club anthems??) will flock to the track?

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Absolutely not... I'm rapidly heading that way myself, my point was why on earth are they playing deafening 90's club anthems over the PA when the majority of the crowd is over 60. Are they hoping that by playing this music the yoof (90's club anthems??) will flock to the track?

Raving during the 30 minute track grading is the only way to keep occupied/warm LOL

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

And the actual racing on track was dog poop

And that is the other reason I did not go. 2 or 3 out of 15 might be good close racing with some passing after the 2nd bend ( first time around )

There's 2 versions of last night. Stars fans on Twitter are shouting great night and putting down the people that didn't attend. On here it was poor racing and dragged on forever. 

Which is the correct version?

Did I miss something or nothing?

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Which is the correct version?

2 hours 10 minutes for 15 minutes of Speedway... fact!

No big surprise with the result really.  Considering Leicester didn't have their 3 heat leaders, I thought it might be a little closer than it turned out, but just a ridiculous situation all in all. Does the UK actually have any priority over any other league in the world, apart from Uganda that is? 

The way that Speedway has been run, and continues to be, has ruined what was one a fantastic sport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2