British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

There's 2 versions of last night. Stars fans on Twitter are shouting great night and putting down the people that didn't attend. On here it was poor racing and dragged on forever. 

Which is the correct version?

Did I miss something or nothing?

I enjoyed it, you should go and see for yourself next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

I enjoyed it, you should go and see for yourself next time.

No thanks, retired spectator. Will go if the Stars make any finals or my daughter wants to go on the Monday fixtures but that'll be about it.

Just interested on accurate accounting of events. After all what's gone on it seems Stars fans have been hamming up the night and digging at us none attendees. 

It seems as though the number through the gate spoke volumes though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

There's 2 versions of last night. Stars fans on Twitter are shouting great night and putting down the people that didn't attend. On here it was poor racing and dragged on forever. 

Which is the correct version?

Did I miss something or nothing?

I think both can be correct depending on people's expectations. Some turn up without really being bothered about who is riding, how long irlt lasts for, whether there are six overtakes or twenty six. Others will be turned off by all of those things. Don' think either viewpoint is necessarily right or wrong, but it' good that everybody can air them. It seems for every person who didn't enjoy last night or was put off going there was somebody who loved it.

Each to their own at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I think both can be correct depending on people's expectations. Some turn up without really being bothered about who is riding, how long irlt lasts for, whether there are six overtakes or twenty six. Others will be turned off by all of those things. Don' think either viewpoint is necessarily right or wrong, but it' good that everybody can air them. It seems for every person who didn't enjoy last night or was put off going there was somebody who loved it.

Each to their own at the end of the day.

I totally agree but you get some saying brilliant night and others saying barely a pass all night.

As a none attendee I'm still interested in accurate reporting. 

I'd go by Stars Updates on Twitter, Andrew is as accurate as anybody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd go by Stars Updates on Twitter, Andrew is as accurate as anybody.

I'd question the accuracy of that too as he also had a bit of a stab at the none attendees 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I totally agree but you get some saying brilliant night and others saying barely a pass all night.

As a none attendee I'm still interested in accurate reporting. 

As everyone has different views on different matters you will never get the accurate report you are hoping for.If you want to believe whoever on here that's your choice.But to actually get as accurate report you want i suppose you have to see it for yourself.

I thought there was more overtaking last night than what Ianb is saying he's probably a bit upset with how Leicester performed imo.ugh 

Ht 1 Schlein stalked Lambert the whole race and went through when Lambert lifted.

Ht 2 no overtaking but always close between Kerr/Kurtz

Ht 3 same Wells/Proctor

Ht 5 Schlein was 3rd and during race picked off both Proctor and Jorgensen.Also Newman came a cropper hitting Proctors back wheel.

Ht 7 great battle with K.Andersen and Howarth repassing each other.

Ht 8 Kerr taking Newman wide to let Auty up the inside,don't know whether that was intentional.

Ht 10 Auty up the inside of Howarth bend 3,he seemed to have the knack of doing that last night.

Can't remember whether it was ht 11 or 13 when Lambert stalked Schlein for a couple of laps then stormed under him bend 1/2.

We all have different opinions that is what i can remember from last night,now i'm getting older i should write notes in the programme.

Must admit didn't realise the meeting went on until 21.55pm are they sure on this,i went to the meeting in the bar afterwards had a pint and listened to the riders and was home by 22.30pm.And i done a full lap of the track as they shut all the gates bar the one on bend 4.I normally park outside bend 2 but that gate was shut so i went all the way around to come back again.As well as not remembering everything i ain't as fit as i use to be neither.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

No thanks, retired spectator. Will go if the Stars make any finals or my daughter wants to go on the Monday fixtures but that'll be about it.

Just interested on accurate accounting of events. After all what's gone on it seems Stars fans have been hamming up the night and digging at us none attendees. 

It seems as though the number through the gate spoke volumes though.

I thought the crowd was more than I expected, the back car park was pretty full when I got there at 7.15. And it was FREEZING! I think quite a few people left early as a result of the drubbing which ensued after the first round of heats and the cold conditions. My only gripe was the amount of time track grading. It was a bit ridiculous. Once again Buster had more track time than any rider did LOL.

Grade after 5, grade after 10 (during interval) and get the meeting done by 9.15-9.30.

I enjoyed the racing though, all our boys were giving it a go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

As everyone has different views on different matters you will never get the accurate report you are hoping for.If you want to believe whoever on here that's your choice.But to actually get as accurate report you want i suppose you have to see it for yourself.

I thought there was more overtaking last night than what Ianb is saying he's probably a bit upset with how Leicester performed imo.ugh 

Ht 1 Schlein stalked Lambert the whole race and went through when Lambert lifted.

Ht 3 same Wells/Proctor

Ht 5 Schlein was 3rd and during race picked off both Proctor and Jorgensen.Also Newman came a cropper hitting Proctors back wheel.

Ht 8 Kerr taking Newman wide to let Auty up the inside,don't know whether that was intentional.

Ht 10 Auty up the inside of Howarth bend 3,he seemed to have the knack of doing that last night.

Can't remember whether it was ht 11 or 13 when Lambert stalked Schlein for a couple of laps then stormed under him bend 1/2.

We all have different opinions that is what i can remember from last night,now i'm getting older i should write notes in the programme.

Must admit didn't realise the meeting went on until 21.55pm are they sure on this,i went to the meeting in the bar afterwards had a pint and listened to the riders and was home by 22.30pm.And i done a full lap of the track as they shut all the gates bar the one on bend 4.I normally park outside bend 2 but that gate was shut so i went all the way around to come back again.As well as not remembering everything i ain't as fit as i use to be neither.

Thanks, that does sound a half decent meeting compared to ianb. 

Maybe (hopefully) it'll be one of those seasons where it doesn't matter whose in or out of the side the results will come. This team seems to be clicking way better than last season. 

Maybe these team training camps are delivering the difference to winning and losing. 

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd question the accuracy of that too as he also had a bit of a stab at the none attendees 

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are wrong?!? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Ht 3 same Wells/Proctor

Well I also went and enjoyed the racing.    The night started off giving me a massive 'fix'.  Them 16 bikes all starting off after the presentation give off a intoxicating smell.   When I breathe that I'm on cloud 9.  

You gave a pretty good account of the races .    If only they put more urgency into the evening  instead of dragging it out it would appease far more fans...     15min track grading is enough to cheese most people off,    even on a warm night

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Thanks, that does sound a half decent meeting compared to ianb. 

Maybe (hopefully) it'll be one of those seasons where it doesn't matter whose in or out of the side the results will come. This team seems to be clicking way better than last season. 

Maybe these team training camps are delivering the difference to winning and losing. 

The meeting wasn't bad at all.

When i use to go to many away meetings and Lynn use to normally get hammered,i use to always say the racing was poor etc.I think it was just to try and justify Lynn's usual loss away from home.If i could now re-visit those matches i bet they weren't half as bad as it seemed to me at the time.

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Ht 3 same Wells/Proctor

I think it's the overall package though not just the racing, can't argue with any of what you've said above, it could be seen that way, but there's other things to take into account... the temperature, all the dead time, the assault on the senses from the PA, the scoreline. I'm not particularly a Lions fan yet but am trying my best since the closure of Coventry. I suppose it was the constant dead time that didn't really keep me engaged with the match

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I think it's the overall package though not just the racing, can't argue with any of what you've said above, it could be seen that way, but there's other things to take into account... the temperature, all the dead time, the assault on the senses from the PA, the scoreline. I'm not particularly a Lions fan yet but am trying my best since the closure of Coventry. I suppose it was the constant dead time that didn't really keep me engaged with the match

I must admit i don't realise the dead time as in between races i'm normally chatting with a group of friends i'm with.The night actually sometimes goes to fast for me as some of them i stand with i won't see from one meeting to the next.

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about going or not going ( luckily we don't live in Russia or China and be told to go ). I looked at the updates and I am not blaming them, but if you read " from the gate" it very likely means no passing after the second bend. It's a whole package called sporting entertainment and I want  a crisp well run match with a full team and certainly without excessive grading and extensive delays ( as there were no on track holdups ). We can't do anything about  the weather other than dress appropriately for it. It is still not being run "for the fans" at KLS - but that is just my opinion ( which I am entitled to as are other to voice theirs that may be different).

Edited by waytogo28
  • Like 2