British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

That's the reason why there was no team announcement before 3pm a day before the event.       I think the Stars Promoters and Marketing  people have missed a massive  trick here.    By saying nothing they make the fans have bad feeling towards the club with the contempt of it all.       Whereas if they had come out at the start and blamed the FRN and the unavailability of certain riders ,   They could have turned a negative situation into a positive one  by  showing people  we have been hard done by and   therefore  having to race  our weaken team  against the odds.    Although all effort is being made to find a replacement, because of the now FRN  they are few an far between.   

We would have been the underdogs attempting to overcome a 6 pts  1st leg  defeat.    Facts that  could have been used to promote the meeting,   but instead  you do nothing.  

I thought this new chap Brundle was better than this..... 

Not sure,but isn't it the usual time they put the info up for the up and coming match:unsure:.

I personally think if they had given the line-ups and spin on it a few weeks back the same people would give the same negative comments.

• Like 1

RR for Iversen is a complete joke. Do the promoters think people are stupid enough to  spend 18 pounds to go to this meeting? It's the cheap option. The support us or lose us card will soon be out from Buster. It's a shambles.

• Like 1

Now blocked from Stars Twitter for laughing :rofl:

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

RR for Iversen is a complete joke. Do the promoters think people are stupid enough to  spend 18 pounds to go to this meeting? It's the cheap option. The support us or lose us card will soon be out from Buster. It's a shambles.

Whilst i agree,there really is only Cook,Fricke and Thorsell that could possibly fill NKI's boots.And that's only if they are willing of course.

Edited by tellboy

I'm on holiday in Cambridge this week, was going to this meeting but on hearing all the missing riders decided not too - enough said 

Well you had Connor Mountain as a guest at Leicester and who would have thought you would only have lost by 6 so you can still win overall, might be a good meeting who knows. Lambert, Kerr and Proctor all flying easy Stars win

Edited by foreverblue

38 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’ve been thinking about the current shambles and I’ve in the past blamed Ipswich Sheffield and Redcar for us not being able to race Thursday nights and then avoiding the Danish League priority problem but it’s not there faults it’s really all of our own making WHY ?would we sign Iversen Jorgensen and Andersen knowing all to well we was racing Wednesday knowing the Danish League take priority over our signings on a Wednesday? but then on top of that Lewis Rose quits the club and we them make the matters worse and sign another Danish rider in Palm Toft so we potentially have 4 riders that could be missing on the same night - you couldn’t make it up . The last riders we needed to sign was Danish if we wanted to keep to Wednesday nights - sorry most of this is our own making . 

I would guess that signing Danes is the only way we were going to have a competitive team.

The $64,000 question is how many more meetings they miss.

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Now blocked from Stars Twitter for laughing :rofl:

Me too:lol:

dont think they liked me saying fans are treated like mugs and mushrooms.

cant have been cos I said the line ups were a pile of rubbish cos that's the truth :D

7 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Me too:lol:

dont think they liked me saying fans are treated like mugs and mushrooms.

cant have been cos I said the line ups were a pile of rubbish cos that's the truth :D

Why block fans they are telling it as it is paying customers I thought would be treated like gold dust as they soon won’t have any . 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I would guess that signing Danes is the only way we were going to have a competitive team.

The $64,000 question is how many more meetings they miss.

I'm sure it's not as many as people think.Not sure whether it was announced at the speedway the other week or in the program.It's like only one more for Iversen and Andersen,none for Jorgensen unsure on Toft don't think he had signed then.

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

Why block fans they are telling it as it is paying customers I thought would be treated like gold dust as they soon won’t have any . 

Its certainly not going to encourage them to attend.

That really is the speedway way, though. Criticism is to be ignored at best and to be responded to with abuse at worst.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not sure,but isn't it the usual time they put the info up for the up and coming match:unsure:.

I personally think if they had given the line-ups and spin on it a few weeks back the same people would give the same negative comments.

Your one way vision doesn't surprise anyone.     Had this been an ordinary meeting with a full team,   the lineup would have been announced as usually on a Monday.   But this was a different situation, with many Stars supporters not knowing the full extent of the rumours about missing riders .   They deserved to know the extent of the compromise, who and how many were going to be missing.    This is not a big job and could have been completed in only a few minutes by their Twitter account, the Web-site might have taken a few minutes longer.    The truth being they couldn't be arsed.    

I cant imagine one person would agree with their attitude towards the fans . (except you that is)   We are not asking for the world ,  merely to be kept informed.    We have the basis of a solid team and the promotions should be  promoting their brilliance, instead of wallowing about missing riders.. . We have  4 riders  who are going terrifically well  and they will provide the foundation of a good season.       I still don't think this cup match is lost yet,    I just wish the promoters would treat their fans with more respect....

6 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Your one way vision doesn't surprise anyone.     Had this been an ordinary meeting with a full team,   the lineup would have been announced as usually on a Monday.   But this was a different situation, with many Stars supporters not knowing the full extent of the rumours about missing riders .   They deserved to know the extent of the compromise, who and how many were going to be missing.    This is not a big job and could have been completed in only a few minutes by their Twitter account, the Web-site might have taken a few minutes longer.    The truth being they couldn't be arsed.    

I cant imagine one person would agree with their attitude towards the fans . (except you that is)   We are not asking for the world ,  merely to be kept informed.    We have the basis of a solid team and the promotions should be  promoting their brilliance, instead of wallowing about missing riders.. . We have  4 riders  who are going terrifically well  and they will provide the foundation of a good season.       I still don't think this cup match is lost yet,    I just wish the promoters would treat their fans with more respect....

Expected first line if someone differs to you.

I'm not happy with riders missing,i want a full team every week.But currently GB is bottom of the speedway list and we will have to build our way back up somehow.Incidentally before the season had started just about everyone was for the FRN,now because it's gone pear shaped for a few meetings people are against it.

And no i don't have one way vision as you put it.I honestly didn't know the exact timing of their press releases regarding the teams that's why i put an unsure emoji beside it.And in my honest opinion i still feel the same people would have come out with the negative comments had the team been announced two weeks ago for this match.

Sorry for having an opinion that doesn't agree with yours.You sometimes seem to have a problem with me when my opinion is different to yours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

But most of those criticising aren’t paying customers are they?? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trees said:

But most of those criticising aren’t paying customers are they?? 

They probably used to be, and that tells you everything tbh ...

• Like 2