British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

35 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Your one way vision doesn't surprise anyone.     Had this been an ordinary meeting with a full team,   the lineup would have been announced as usually on a Monday.   But this was a different situation, with many Stars supporters not knowing the full extent of the rumours about missing riders .   They deserved to know the extent of the compromise, who and how many were going to be missing.    This is not a big job and could have been completed in only a few minutes by their Twitter account, the Web-site might have taken a few minutes longer.    The truth being they couldn't be arsed.    

I cant imagine one person would agree with their attitude towards the fans . (except you that is)   We are not asking for the world ,  merely to be kept informed.    We have the basis of a solid team and the promotions should be  promoting their brilliance, instead of wallowing about missing riders.. . We have  4 riders  who are going terrifically well  and they will provide the foundation of a good season.       I still don't think this cup match is lost yet,    I just wish the promoters would treat their fans with more respect....

If Cookie pulled out last minute then no doubt Dale had to find a replacement, no point in putting a PR out naming Cook only to have to retract it with another one a few hours later?

We now know the team, let’s just go there, pretend we are Polish fans and make some noise for our team :D  There’s real needle in this meeting, something hanging on the aggregate score, something to get the adrenaline flowing :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blupanther said:

They probably used to be, and that tells you everything tbh ...

Yeah used to be but they have fallen out of love with the sport, it happens, there’s loads of ex fans about who keep an interest but don’t care enough to go any more ........ I have one at home here, but at least he doesn’t criticise at every single given opportunity, he’d rather reminisce about the old days when he was young and loved speedway :D

16 minutes ago, Trees said:

If Cookie pulled out last minute then no doubt Dale had to find a replacement, no point in putting a PR out naming Cook only to have to retract it with another one a few hours later?

We now know the team, let’s just go there, pretend we are Polish fans and make some noise for our team :D  There’s real needle in this meeting, something hanging on the aggregate score, something to get the adrenaline flowing :D

Cook usually rubbish at Kings lyn i thought 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Cook usually rubbish at Kings lyn i thought 

Last season he was very good around our place,this season not so.

Personally i would like to have seen Bewley in for MPT,but who's to say he is available or they just didn't fancy him.He's certainly a rising talent.

Edited by tellboy

36 minutes ago, Trees said:

But most of those criticising aren’t paying customers are they?? 

Is that right ? You no absolutely nothing about my current circumstances i hate to think the amount of money I’ve spent at Kings Lynn speedway over the years -46 years I’ve been going to saddle Bow Road following the stars is that long enough for you ??  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Trees said:

and never likely to be again whilst they treat fans the way they do. You might be content to be taken for a mug but I have more self respect. 

46 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Oh yes for 50+ years home and away from the very first meeting at Saddlebow Road. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

Lynn .. R/R for NKI. We might get 6 or so for Niels I guess . 4 or 5 of them from Ty and Lambo at best. Might pick up 1 or 2 from his other 2 rides. Not there for HT 15 though..

Auty for MPT .. Micheal's last meeting saw him score an 18 point max at the Showground.. I'd expect a solid 6 - 7. Think Auty might get 3-4 riding in the top 5 if he makes a start.

Lions.. Wells for Hans . I'm sure Ricky will give 100%, but i would of had Hans down for 9 -10 from 5...Ricky will probably get 4 rides and score around 6. Again no Hans for HT15.

If it is Rory for Kenny (Was mentioned, i ain't looked), the Lions will do ok  there imho. Kenny would do about 10 - 11 from 5 i think. If Rory gets 5 i think he will be the meetings top scorer with 13 from 5. He's on fire and will want to put one up Buster.

Overall I think the Lions have the better deal.

Edited by Bald Bloke

43 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Absolutely- I and many more are fed up with continully being mugged off with poor excuses. The mess we are in tomorrow night is mainly of our own making sign Danes and race on the same night as Denmark really you couldn’t make it up . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Haza said:

Is that right ? You no absolutely nothing about my current circumstances i hate to think the amount of money I’ve spent at Kings Lynn speedway over the years -46 years I’ve been going to saddle Bow Road following the stars is that long enough for you ??  

With all due respect we do know your current speedway circumstances as you post on the forum several times each meeting that you won't be going.

FWIW I don't think anybody has to be a current paying punter to have an opinion, and as others have said those who used to go but no longer do so should be listened to particularly closely.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yes I am (was) but I can now save £100's a year now and spend it where it's appreciate 

49 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yeah used to be but they have fallen out of love with the sport, it happens, there’s loads of ex fans about who keep an interest but don’t care enough to go any more ........ I have one at home here, but at least he doesn’t criticise at every single given opportunity, he’d rather reminisce about the old days when he was young and loved speedway :D

He just doesn't want to be hen pecked by someone that sees no wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes I am (was) but I can now save £100's a year now and spend it where it's appreciate 

Is that at the cricket.I hear they are struggling to attract the younger generation.That must get a response from someone:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

and never likely to be again whilst they treat fans the way they do. You might be content to be taken for a mug but I have more self respect. 

Oh yes for 50+ years home and away from the very first meeting at Saddlebow Road. I'll leave it at that.

Over many of those years speedway didn't really have any competition so everything always seemed rosy.But there were plenty of bent promoters back then,and had there been social media back then people would have had a heyday to what promoters would or wouldn't put on their website:P

24 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I thought i might know you from way back.. But not if you attended the first meeting at Saddlebow road.. My first meeting was in 72 as an 8 year old. I used to walk around 8 miles (round trip) every week with my Dad.

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought i might know you from way back.. But not if you attended the first meeting at Saddlebow road.. My first meeting was in 72 as an 8 year old. I used to walk around 8 miles (round trip) every week with my Dad.

I bet you use to do a few miles at the track too with your Stars race bib on:D

Another positive score for Kerr tonight in the British semi-final of all places at Leicester.Joint third with Nicholls on 12 points.

Edited by tellboy