British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

With all due respect we do know your current speedway circumstances as you post on the forum several times each meeting that you won't be going.

FWIW I don't think anybody has to be a current paying punter to have an opinion, and as others have said those who used to go but no longer do so should be listened to particularly closely.

You are dead right about my current speedway circumstances I should have said my personal circumstances and those who really know me will understand more why speedway isn’t the be all and end all in my life at the moment. 

And you are right again those who stopped attending should definitely be listened too as maybe the promotion might just learn something before it’s too late 

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I bet you use to do a few miles at the track too with your Stars race bib on:D

Eh ??

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I used to walk around 8 miles (round trip) every week with my Dad.

I use to have a motorbike like that

;)

when i go to Lynn these days I see

myself as a customer not a fan. So that’s how I act. If it’s a meeting I fancy I go if it’s not I don’t.  I pay to get in but don’t put a penny piece more into Lynn Speedway.

Sad really, for all

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Eh ??

You mean you never had a race bib what you could buy from the shop.Remember me and my brothers running around in circles with those on thinking we were actually racing.

1 minute ago, semion said:

I use to have a motorbike like that

;)

when i go to Lynn these days I see

myself as a customer not a fan. So that’s how I act. If it’s a meeting I fancy I go if it’s not I don’t.  I pay to get in but don’t put a penny piece more into Lynn Speedway.

Sad really, for all

I have a bike now, and it's totally reliable.

King pulled out of his last ride in the British Semi-Final tonight, with qualification secure, if he's not fully fit tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised to see Wells guest for him & R/R for Andersen.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

You mean you never had a race bib what you could buy from the shop.Remember me and my brothers running around in circles with those on thinking we were actually racing.

Did you not look silly at 18 doing that ?:D

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Lol.. No mate.. But i remember them. But used to buy a bag of chips on the way home from the chippy just off of Saddlebow Rd.;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Have to confess back in the day I use

buy and wear a rosette of my

then fav rider.  Was Barry Crowsen for me

Just now, semion said:

Have to confess back in the day I use

buy and wear a rosette of my

then fav rider.  Was Barry Crowsen for me

I went when Barry rode. I had a rosette with Bettsy on :wub:

19 minutes ago, Haza said:

You are dead right about my current speedway circumstances I should have said my personal circumstances and those who really know me will understand more why speedway isn’t the be all and end all in my life at the moment. 

And you are right again those who stopped attending should definitely be listened too as maybe the promotion might just learn something before it’s too late 

To be honest I can't blame you for putting your time, money and effort into T20 cricket instead, there aren't many more exciting sports around at the moment and county cricket really knows how to treat its punters nowadays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I went when Barry rode. I had a rosette with Bettsy on :wub:

I had one with Bettsy on it,also a silky type scarf with green tassels on the ends with pictures of the riders on the scarf.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I had one with Bettsy on it,also a silky type scarf with green tassels on the ends with pictures of the riders on the scarf.

I did too :approve:

Just now, Bagpuss said:

To be honest I can't blame you for putting your time, money and effort into T20 cricket instead, there aren't many more exciting sports around at the moment and county cricket really knows how to treat its punters nowadays.

We are member at Notts and to be honest they can’t do enough for you they totally respect fans and value fans worlds apart from speedway , our membership includes discount because we live over 30 miles from Trent Bridge - what a great idea that is - imagine Buster doing that on season tickets ? It’s time these speedway promotions woke up and smelt the coffee days are gone when 15 heats is enough people want more and to be valued or at least feel valued as a customer. 

• Like 1

You tell the modern young Speedway fans that today and they wouldn’t believe what knobheads we looked.  Then again they probably would.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1