British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

19 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Fans,     Customers,    Mugs,      that's  the  feelings I have on the way us speedway supporters have been treated through the years.    I haven't fallen out of love with the sport, my love for speedway racing is still as strong as its ever been.   Going to Norwich as a youngster was encapsulating  and felt like you belong to something special.    When speedway started at Saddlebow Road that feeling was the same,   It is only in recent years has that original perception has changed.      I went through a period when I felt more like a customer than a fan because of the way the fans were being treated.       Now I feel more like a Mug, being taken for a ride.       Probably that's the reason so many have stop going nowadays...

No,  it is not the sport I've fallen out of love with ,    its the Kings Lynn Club that has lost my support, for the way  they distance themselves from us, thinking we don't have an opinion nor the right to question the way we are being treated....

I go to Speedway now for my own enjoyment,    to see close exciting racing.    Win or lose,      it doesn't bother me.     It was the club,  that has taken that membership away...  

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

What a petty statement that is ,    Do you really think you have to pay admission before you are entitled to an opinion  ??      How sad !!

As much as I respect the work you do for the supporter club,    sometimes you talk such utter rubbish.        It takes less time to make an announcement  than it took you to write this post.   When there is unrest with the fans ,   someone in the know could put their minds at rest with one small message.   We don't need to know every last detail, but we deserve to know the  real situation, instead of the rumours  that were flying around..

As for acting like the poles,   this is a two way thing,   Over there, they are appreciated, they are kept in the picture, and are not ripped off.    Probably if we were treated similar then probably we would act the same way.   

Fans,     Customers,    Mugs,      that's  the  feelings I have on the way us speedway supporters have been treated through the years.    I haven't fallen out of love with the sport, my love for speedway racing is still as strong as its ever been.   Going to Norwich as a youngster was encapsulating  and felt like you belong to something special.    When speedway started at Saddlebow Road that feeling was the same,   It is only in recent years has that original perception has changed.      I went through a period when I felt more like a customer than a fan because of the way the fans were being treated.       Now I feel more like a Mug, being taken for a ride.       Probably that's the reason so many have stop going nowadays...

No,  it is not the sport I've fallen out of love with ,    its the Kings Lynn Club that has lost my support, for the way  they distance themselves from us, thinking we don't have an opinion nor the right to question the way we are being treated....

I go to Speedway now for my own enjoyment,    to see close exciting racing.    Win or lose,      it doesn't bother me.     It was the club,  that has taken that membership away...  

For once I do not need to add anything at all as your post is EXACTLY how I feel. Other than, sadly - the much vaunted "New Era" came to nothing. KLS seems determined to bring about it's own demise.

• Like 2

Why have Leicester managed to get three proper guests yet we have R/R and Auty?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They have 3 HLs missing so can get a guest for each.  Also, only Wolves and BV not riding tonight in the PL so guests may be hard to come by?

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because the Leicester promotion are prepared to spend a pound and the Stars promotion are not.

• Like 1

Does Buster still have Rory as an ssset ?  If so this really cops the p155.  No number one for Lynn but ya own asset rides at number one for the opposition.

Normally it’s the away side arrive depleted as the Home promotor has a ‘duty, to the home support to put out the strongest team possible to ensure a home victory.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, semion said:

Does Buster still have Rory as an ssset ?  If so this really cops the p155.  No number one for Lynn but ya own asset rides at number one for the opposition.

Normally it’s the away side arrive depleted as the Home promotor has a ‘duty, to the home support to put out the strongest team possible to ensure a home victory.

I got the impression that Rory wouldn't ride for Buster again.

Just now, Steve0 said:

I got the impression that Rory wouldn't ride for Buster again.

To right / Rory won’t race for Lynn and I doubt Lynn would ask him bridges was burnt never to be repaired .

Where has Schlein ever stated that?  Why wouldn’t Rory want to take money off of Buster.   I would suggest that Rory went to the highest bidder for tonight.   Now we all know that wouldn’t be short arms and deep pockets, don’t we ?   Buster is the pass master of peeling an orange in his pocket with boxing gloves on.

Edited by semion

Most promoters would be prepared to pay through the nose to compensate the Home fans for his own short coming ( Team full of Danes, Home meets on Danish League night).  Not our Buster. He regularly shows the Lynn fans what he thinks of them.

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Most promoters would be prepared to pay through the nose to compensate the Home fans for his own short coming ( Team full of Danes, Home meets on Danish League night).  Not our Buster. He regularly shows the Lynn fans what he thinks of them.

and they are showing what they think of him in increasing numbers

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Where has Schlein ever stated that?  Why wouldn’t Rory want to take money off of Buster.   I would suggest that Rory went to the highest bidder for tonight.   Now we all know that wouldn’t be short arms and deep pockets, don’t we ?   Buster is the pass master of peeling an orange in his pocket with boxing gloves on.

Rory hasn’t stated that - but as far as I’m aware the club and Rory hasn’t spoken since the night of the big fall out over the state of the  track . The club will never ask him to ride for the Stars while Buster is at the club . 

6 minutes ago, semion said:

It will be interesting to see how many speedway fans vote with their feet tonight and get on with other things in life. It won't be long before we are promised all sorts of changes in how things are run at KLS if we show how much we want speedway at Saddlebow Rd. I think a lot of people do, but not under Buster, who seems to have learnt very little and surrounded himself with yes persons.

IF that’s is the case why would Buster hold on to Rory as an asset and not off loading to the highest bidder.  Buster is always a shrewd one where the pennies are concerned. So to keep a rider in his 30s that you will never ever use again makes no sense

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, semion said:

IF that’s is the case why would Buster hold on to Rory as an asset and not off loading to the highest bidder.  Buster is always a shrewd one where the pennies are concerned. So to keep a rider in his 30s that you will never ever use again makes no sense

Take a loan fee is my guess