British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

I would go if it was my team, support the team whoever is riding for you. Could be a good meeting, you would expect some battles with Rory and Robert Lambert also Kerr and Proctor going well. I certainly don't think its all doom and gloom. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

They have 3 HLs missing so can get a guest for each.  Also, only Wolves and BV not riding tonight in the PL so guests may be hard to come by?

This is another small problem with FRN,with most teams riding on a particular night that doesn't give much scope of getting a guest in.Some people don't seem to grasp this though.

In June 1978, Hackney released Bent Rasmussen (Danish) and signed Billy Spiers (English) as his replacement. The riders actually swopped clubs, with Spiers having been released by Kings Lynn as chance would have it.

Explaining the decision, Len Silver said "while we all loved Bent and thoroughly enjoyed having him with us, we also appreciated the growth of Speedway in Denmark and the possible dangers to us with almost half of our team committed to fixtures over there."

Hackney's other Danes were Finn Thomsen and Bo Petersen. 

On August 15th, Hackney rode a league fixture at Leicester, and Thomsen was absent due to a committment in Denmark. So old Len was aware of the issue 40 years ago and acted accordingly! 

By the way, in the programme for that Leicester match, Vic White was criticising the BSPA for poor fixture planning by not having previously set aside a back-up date for the recently rained-off British final! Plus ca change.....

This situation is a complete joke and surely it's going to happen every week isn't it ?  R/R for iversen and auty for toft while the opposition bring in the league's most in form rider for bjerre  from what I thought would be a relatively easy deficit to over turn now will be very difficult. 

Kings lynn fans have had there pants pulled down once again ..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

What about a sun strip stuck on the window in the car:)

I had one:

"Follow The Stars"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

This is another small problem with FRN,with most teams riding on a particular night that doesn't give much scope of getting a guest in.Some people don't seem to grasp this though.

I appreciate that but it took a lot of comments on twitter and possibly elsewhere before Robin Brundle actually explained the lack of guest for tonight to the paying customers. That should have been done in the press release if not sooner. It takes no more effort just a bit of thought for those paying customers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really thought after last season Chapman really needed to try and win the respect back from the Lynn supporters.The Lynn supporters dont seem to want and expect much just a bit of respect and people willing to listen to there queries.You cannot keep taking the p... out of the paying customer once they stop coming it is very hard to ever entice them back.

18 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I appreciate that but it took a lot of comments on twitter and possibly elsewhere before Robin Brundle actually explained the lack of guest for tonight to the paying customers. That should have been done in the press release if not sooner. It takes no more effort just a bit of thought for those paying customers.

But surely it doesn't take much to work out for anybody that the choices for guests are now limited.I'm not the cleverest of people but i could work out for myself that there are only two teams to choose from to get a guest.

If Brundle had to answer every comment that is put on social media he would be a very busy man.There is always rumours floating about and i don't think they should have quash every rumour that someone starts.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

But surely it doesn't take much to work out for anybody that the choices for guests are now limited.I'm not the cleverest of people but i could work out for myself that there are only two teams to choose from to get a guest.

If Brundle had to answer every comment that is put on social media he would be a very busy man.There is always rumours floating about and i don't think they should have quash every rumour that someone starts.

You miss the point. Yes we can all work it out, but paying customers deserve to be given information. It obviously wasn't top secret so why weren't paying customers told in the press release. It's the mind set of whoever compiles the press releases to treat the customers like mushrooms. It wasn't a rumour it was dissatisfaction with the situation. There is light at the end of the tunnel tho because it seems Mr Brundle actually has some customer satisfaction awareness. Hopefully it won't be smothered by the take it or leave it attitude of the past few seasons.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

You miss the point. Yes we can all work it out, but paying customers deserve to be given information. It obviously wasn't top secret so why weren't paying customers told in the press release. It's the mind set of whoever compiles the press releases to treat the customers like mushrooms. It wasn't a rumour it was dissatisfaction with the situation. There is light at the end of the tunnel tho because it seems Mr Brundle actually has some customer satisfaction awareness. Hopefully it won't be smothered by the take it or leave it attitude of the past few seasons.

I saw Robin Brundle's comments, as has been mentioned, good to see somebody taking an interest in customer satisfaction. What does he mean when he says 'the vote went against Wednesday clubs'? I must have missed the context of that part.

5 hours ago, semion said:

Most promoters would be prepared to pay through the nose to compensate the Home fans for his own short coming ( Team full of Danes, Home meets on Danish League night).  Not our Buster. He regularly shows the Lynn fans what he thinks of them.

Geoffrey Howe's resignation speech comes to mind. Something along the lines of an opening batsman discovering that his captain (Thatcher) had broken his bats just before the start of an innings. Kings Lynn produced a heroic performance at Leicester, so this is the reward? But I still think the other 6 will save Buster's bacon.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Of course it is, it should have been Monday & Thursday for the Premiership and that would have been the end of it.

As per usual the decision was avoided because 3 clubs wouldn’t change race night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

You mean you never had a race bib what you could buy from the shop.Remember me and my brothers running around in circles with those on thinking we were actually racing.

I remember the wooden shed behind main grandstand ( about where turnstiles are now ) in the interval it was packed and difficult to get into to buy merchandise. God knows how much pocket money I spent on photos of Bettsy. Saved up to get race jackets. We made a speedway track around Fathers lawn. Even put tapes in from a pole to a tree. Local kids turned up on their bicycles to race. But my brother and I looked the best with our race jackets. Father wasn’t amused though as we destroyed the outside of his lawn. Happy days fond memories. 

• Like 4

It’s fully understandable that many fans are very unhappy with the line ups for tonight but it has to be remembered that Leicester tried very hard to get the date of this fixture changed even as late as the 1st leg but KL would not have it. 

I cant see there being a very large crowd tonight so financially could be very bad for the club if poor crowd 

• Like 1

I can see the crowd being poor tonight. It's that clubs fault , if they put a piss poor team out they will get a piss poor crowd.