Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Maybe our promotion don't want to change as we're missing nobody?!?

Well Iversen team Esbjerg definitely have a home meeting on Wednesday local derby against Holsted so very much doubt he will miss that . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Maybe our promotion don't want to change as we're missing nobody?!?

This is not the way forward,   Organisation and planning is paramount to the success of any business,   Our Speedway goes from one problem to another.   We never seem to look at the obvious and oppose common sense everytime.    

The PLRC  run this Wednesday  was another terrible decision.   It took up a FRN when other clubs could have used to re-arrange a cancelled meeting,  (we've had plenty this year) .   If there were to be any cancelled meetings,  they usually come  at the start of the season or late on,   planning spares  dates  is not difficult.  What we don't need is FRN being wasted on running PLRC when it could have fitted in at the end of the season.   Come Sept,  four teams will have finished their season .    One of those clubs could have done with one big meeting before it closed...    Why run it now and take up a valuable date. 

That doesn't alter next weeks  clash with Leicester,   its just another example of the way the BSPA think......     Once they made that decision to run on Wednesdays  our schedule  was shot to ribbons.   Buster says it will only marginally impose on us and that Niels will only miss a few meetings, (one miss is too many),   but he doesn't talk of the other riders, not only in our team but riders in the teams we race against .      Planning to run a FRN on a day that clashed with a priority country  was always a recipe for a disaster .     

But don't worry, at least Ipswich and Sheffield  are OK......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tellboy said:

Lets not forget when this fixture was re-arranged you had Vaculik and not Bjerre,so at the time you would have just had a guest for Andersen.And Lynn didn't have MPT,so would have needed guests for Iversen and K.Andersen.It wasn't ideal then,but how recent signings have gone it has certainly made it much worse than what it originally was.

So maybe when the the re-staging date was sought and this date came up Leicester jumped at the chance thinking exactly the opposite to what you have said.

Don't forget, when this was rearranged, it was simply moved to one of the original league dates between the two teams, so hardly a new date to work around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

Don't forget, when this was rearranged, it was simply moved to one of the original league dates between the two teams, so hardly a new date to work around

Good point.So Leicester were always happy to ride Lynn whether it was league or KO Cup knowing we would be missing NKI and K.Andersen,and they would have only been missing Hans.

So Flagrag making it look like Lynn are the bad guys in all of this,when the date was set even before the season started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g13webb said:

This is not the way forward,   Organisation and planning is paramount to the success of any business,   Our Speedway goes from one problem to another.   We never seem to look at the obvious and oppose common sense everytime.    

The PLRC  run this Wednesday  was another terrible decision.   It took up a FRN when other clubs could have used to re-arrange a cancelled meeting,  (we've had plenty this year) .   If there were to be any cancelled meetings,  they usually come  at the start of the season or late on,   planning spares  dates  is not difficult.  What we don't need is FRN being wasted on running PLRC when it could have fitted in at the end of the season.   Come Sept,  four teams will have finished their season .    One of those clubs could have done with one big meeting before it closed...    Why run it now and take up a valuable date. 

That doesn't alter next weeks  clash with Leicester,   its just another example of the way the BSPA think......     Once they made that decision to run on Wednesdays  our schedule  was shot to ribbons.   Buster says it will only marginally impose on us and that Niels will only miss a few meetings, (one miss is too many),   but he doesn't talk of the other riders, not only in our team but riders in the teams we race against .      Planning to run a FRN on a day that clashed with a priority country  was always a recipe for a disaster .     

But don't worry, at least Ipswich and Sheffield  are OK......

Agreed with one exception. I think that Sheffield would have gone into PL with Leicester going to CL if the Thursdays FRN had been kept. So it was probably Ipswich and Redcar the main blockers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I presume Danny King will be missing as well, unless he's made a quicker than expected recovery from his arm injury, so potentially none of Lions top 3 are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flagrag said:

So Leicester will run with Guest for Anderson

Connor Mountain? It's only fair :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have still not seen any official news for this meeting yet.    Surely  all arrangements would be in place by now so hoping the Website is updated shortly   

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year we were told that 24 hours before the match, was all the notice we needed for team changes. I can see Cpl. Jones dashing around the stadium shouting "Don't panic, Don't panic" followed by the team manger and other club officials. When you read that Peter Kildemand is being released by Poole because of 9 future clashes with Danish fixtures it's not easy to not panic! Love him or loathe him Matt Ford is no mug. Maybe not all three of our Danes will be required for all of those? Fingers crossed. Nothing can anyway be put on the website until after Buster returns from the Grand Prix to impart his seal to it in a royal manner.

All kinds of natural ( and unnatural ) events wind , rain, snow, fog etc could intervene and postpone the match if there really were to be 6 riders missing from the two teams.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Last year we were told that 24 hours before the match, was all the notice we needed for team changes. I can see Cpl. Jones dashing around the stadium shouting "Don't panic, Don't panic" followed by the team manger and other club officials. When you read that Peter Kildemand is being released by Poole because of 9 future clashes with Danish fixtures it's not easy to not panic! Love him or loathe him Matt Ford is no mug. Maybe not all three of our Danes will be required for all of those? Fingers crossed. Nothing can anyway be put on the website until after Buster returns from the Grand Prix to impart his seal to it in a royal manner.

All kinds of natural ( and unnatural ) events wind , rain, snow, fog etc could intervene and postpone the match if there really were to be 6 riders missing from the two teams.

And isn't this exactly why Speedway has zero credibility as a team sport...?

Promoters must literally spend hours trying to arrange meetings to get an advantage over their rivals knowing they will be missing riders, and then more hours sourcing the best guests available..

Rather than spending those zero value adding hours planning (and then aggressively promoting), meetings that have both credibility and integrity....

The irony being is that all that planning and thought is designed to win a meeting that is now rendered totally meaningless by the very definition of the teams so painstakingly put together..!

You couldn't make it up sometimes could you?

Poole have released Kildemand as he will miss nine matches however if he had been running an 11 point average, and they would have then have had the whole league to use as guests on a 'horses for courses' basis, would they have done it?

(If they could have had guests that is? Or would it have been an NL rider only they could use? Or does it come down to which meeting was arranged first? Or which meeting was rearranged first? Etc etc etc)..

The fact the sport, by its actions, even facilitates such discussion about such nonsense on social meda, pretty much sums out why it is so out of touch with it current fan base and the much, much higher numbers in its 'ex fanbase'....

Simply Crackers...

And I know it would never happen but this is exactly the kind of thing an independent body or person running the sport would simply not allow....

As they/he (or she it is 2018;)), would simply see these perpetual self inflicted situations as far too brand damaging to ever be allowed, even just once...

(Never mind 'ad infinitum')!!...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikebv said:

And isn't this exactly why Speedway has zero credibility as a team sport...?

Promoters must literally spend hours trying to arrange meetings to get an advantage over their rivals knowing they will be missing riders, and then more hours sourcing the best guests available..

Rather than spending those zero value adding hours planning (and then aggressively promoting), meetings that have both credibility and integrity....

The irony being is that all that planning and thought is designed to win a meeting that is now rendered totally meaningless by the very definition of the teams so painstakingly put together..!

You couldn't make it up sometimes could you?

Poole have released Kildemand as he will miss nine matches however if he had been running an 11 point average, and they would have then have had the whole league to use as guests on a 'horses for courses' basis, would they have done it?

(If they could have had guests that is? Or would it have been an NL rider only they could use? Or does it come down to which meeting was arranged first? Or which meeting was rearranged first? Etc etc etc)..

The fact the sport, by its actions, even facilitates such discussion about such nonsense on social meda, pretty much sums out why it is so out of touch with it current fan base and the much, much higher numbers in its 'ex fanbase'....

Simply Crackers...

And I know it would never happen but this is exactly the kind of thing an independent body or person running the sport would simply not allow....

As they/he (or she it is 2018;)), would simply see these perpetual self inflicted situations as far too brand damaging to ever be allowed, even just once...

(Never mind 'ad infinitum')!!...

When I was directly involved in the sport I used to wonder how successful it would be if the promoters kept the rivalries on track and stopped wasting so much time shafting each other off-track. For too many it seems to be some kind of very expensive power game. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

When I was directly involved in the sport I used to wonder how successful it would be if the promoters kept the rivalries on track and stopped wasting so much time shafting each other off-track. For too many it seems to be some kind of very expensive power game. 

This is why we need an independent body,don't you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the adverse comments directed at Matt Ford, he is no mug and sees most  situations before the majority of other Promoters do.     I was not surprised that he only saw Kildemand as a short term replacement , and as since terminated that connection.    Once the BSPA decided to run our FRN on a Wednesday,   some Promoters would have realised the implication of that decision and not signed any Danish riders.      (Thought :o )   Probably  this  answers the question why Matt Ford let  Hans Andersen go.  

Looking at the teams now,  you will find those managers with their finger on the pulse did not picked any Danish riders.     Its seems Kings Lynn and Leicester didn't  think along the same  lines...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, g13webb said:

For all the adverse comments directed at Matt Ford, he is no mug and sees most  situations before the majority of other Promoters do.     I was not surprised that he only saw Kildemand as a short term replacement , and as since terminated that connection.    Once the BSPA decided to run our FRN on a Wednesday,   some Promoters would have realised the implication of that decision and not signed any Danish riders.      (Thought :o )   Probably  this  answers the question why Matt Ford let  Hans Andersen go.  

Looking at the teams now,  you will find those managers with their finger on the pulse did not picked any Danish riders.     Its seems Kings Lynn and Leicester didn't  think along the same  lines...   

But again there in lies another of Speedways nonsense operating ideas..

If, as they did, they decided Wednesday and not the agreed Thursday was going to be the fixed night, then it should have been decreed no Danish riders allowed..

Or...

The fixed nights will be, as agreed, Monday and Thursday, hence no clashes with Denmark so all Danish riders allowed..

'Common sense' I believe it is known as...

Typically Speedway in this country then tried to deliver its usual cobbled together half arsed plan that appeases everyone but ultimately helps no one to move the Sport forward..

Death by a thousand (self inflicted) cuts could be a very apt description....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×