British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Leicester KO Cup 2nd leg 16-05-2018

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Are you guys still not over the Batch and Holder thing ? 

?? What have they to do with riders missing this season? Don’t get the connection . 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

?? What have they to do with riders missing this season? Don’t get the connection . 

They said at the meet the rider that some riders will miss meeting .

I'd suggest that signing Danish riders  and not riding on Mondays is the difference between a competitive team and one which isn't.

It would be nice to have some clarity on how many more meetings our Danes will miss so we know whether to be concerned or if the flapping has been unecessary.

These are the remaining home fixtures that clash with Denmark

1. 16/5 Leicester KOC
  2. 30/5 Somerset Prem
  3. 4/7 Leicester Prem
  4. 8/8 Belle Vue Prem
  5. 22/8 Rye House Prem
  6. 29/8 Poole Prem

Away clashes 

1. 13/6 Poole Prem

From the 12 remaining home fixtures on the calendar 6 of those will potentially see missing rider's. This could be seriously damaging for making the Play-Offs

Also what remains to be seen is when the Danish Play-Offs will be

1 hour ago, Greg said:

when you say what wrong they said from the start some meeting will clash but the only way rider will wanna stay is with the fixed race nights pure and simple.

Had the Promotors came out last week and announced the situation of the forth coming KO match with Leicester,  I would have said , fair dues,    No, I wouldn't have liked missing out on seeing the proper riders, but at least we would have known the situation the club was in.    But here we are, 48 hrs to go and not a word.    all they have said is there will be hot laps on Wednesday.   If the truth be known , they are afraid to tell the fans the truth thinking some will not bother going,    Even if they don't have all the information yet,  we should be told what is going on.....

The club said they had learnt from last years problems,    I'm yet to see that....     

• Like 3

Has it been confirmed that all the Danish lads are having to miss the meeting on Weds?

If so, we need to know whether or not it's going to be an ongoing issue, and what meetings are affected.

I'm prepared to give the promotion the benefit of the doubt for now, even after last years fiasco.

Should have gone to

www.polesdirect.com

for the riders

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Had the Promotors came out last week and announced the situation of the forth coming KO match with Leicester,  I would have said , fair dues,    No, I wouldn't have liked missing out on seeing the proper riders, but at least we would have known the situation the club was in.    But here we are, 48 hrs to go and not a word.    all they have said is there will be hot laps on Wednesday.   If the truth be known , they are afraid to tell the fans the truth thinking some will not bother going,    Even if they don't have all the information yet,  we should be told what is going on.....

The club said they had learnt from last years problems,    I'm yet to see that....     

I don't know how far in advance the club can plan though. The Dane's only announce their teams 3 days before

Wife away, forecast good so I thought I might have an evening at the speedway Wednesday night. Then I came on forum saw everyone had decided to go to Denmark instead, so have decided I won’t be going to Lynn. Lawn needs cutting so will get some laps in myself 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DWP said:

Wife away, forecast good so I thought I might have an evening at the speedway Wednesday night. Then I came on forum saw everyone had decided to go to Denmark instead, so have decided I won’t be going to Lynn. Lawn needs cutting so will get some laps in myself 

Can you film your hot lap ;)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, flagrag said:

As far as I know Leicester are going with RR for K Bjerre and Schlein for Hans and awaiting confirmation whether King will be fit which should be known tomorrow as making a decision whether he rides in British semi on Tuesday at Leicester.

As another poster has said KL should be having Cook but other guests are hard to find due to other meetings and most Danes unavailable plus some riders who have the night off don’t want a guest booking as already have U.K. Monday and Sweden Tuesday 

Surely that would be Schlein for Bjerre.Not that it would make any difference as R/R for Andersen all the riders can still take his rides.

Edited by tellboy

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Can you film your hot lap ;)

Ha ha will get the GoPro out 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2018 at 10:17 PM, flagrag said:

As another poster has said KL should be having Cook

It’s not Cook

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

It’s not Cook

From that comment ,  you are obviously in the  'Privilege  few'  that have been informed of the teams.      It just illustrates  the attitude of the club, that is infuriating the real fans by being kept in the dark.    I am not particularly bothered who it is ,  but being kept informed is the important part     Unless we are told of the team before the match ,   there is no way I will pay to watch speedway without knowing who I will be watching...

I thought this Brundle chap was suppose to be take the club on a new direction,  pointing out  the Club and Fans being of one vision.       This sure contradicts a of that statement ....

• Like 3