British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Ipswich Witches. Championship 12/05/18

The reserves have been dreadful apart from the odd good away meeting from Mountain. I know Hume has returned after a year out with a broken arm, but I’m afraid he’s looked a shadow of the rider we saw before his injury. 

Think the management need a serious rethink as to whether we need a restructure with a stronger reserve in there. 

Heeps is the biggest flop,  I just wish he would flop right off somewhere else.  After a decent year he always seems to flop the year after.. Never going to reach to potential some think he has.  

Edited by Baldyman

Rory it seems was a class apart - and just as well.

Decent from Haertel and looks like Ben battled away as ever.

Very ordinary to say the least after that.

Disappointing result.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yes been bitterly disappointing so far. 

Done ok at Newcastle.

but, am sure we don't want him ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Good score tonight from Jye ... well done

Edited by Gunner85

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Done ok at Newcastle.

He’s been dreadful. Again, a pale shadow of the rider that stepped up last season. Unlike Hume though, hasn’t got the excuse of coming back from a bad injury. Just coming back a stone or two overweight! His talent isn’t in question, his dedication and professionalism is though unfortunately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shadders said:

If it’s anything like usual it’ll be who’s quicker out of the gate. Gotta say the racing there has been average this year

Well, tonight the texter on Speedway Updates seemed to find some good racing... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Rory it seems was a class apart - and just as well.

Decent from Haertel and looks like Ben battled away as ever.

Very ordinary to say the least after that.

Disappointing result.

Disappointing? 

Id say you shouldn't be disappointed... I'd also say you shouldn't have underestimated Berwick :lol: 

Good result for us again... John Lindman finally looking like something has clicked! Time for him to do it consistently now :approve: 

Not underestimating Berwick - a very mediocre team.

We have just been even worse than mediocre :P

18 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not underestimating Berwick - a very mediocre team.

We have just been even worse than mediocre :P

We've not been too bad this season so far.. A shocker of a meeting against Newcastle that was thankfully a challenge... Beat a good Glasgow team... Drew against Workington... And now league wins against Lakeside and Ipswich.. I'll take that so far being just a "mediocre" side :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Yes, but It's CL in charge so we get " keep going & trust" etc.....

Panthers fans grinning back me thinks

Time to make some big decisions. Both Covatti and Heeps were signed on inflated avaerages. Covatti was always going to struggle to maintain his after the best part of a year out injured and Heeps as mentioned earlier struggles both in terms of consistency and professionalism. The reserves are not to blame the way the team has been built will mean they were always going to need the top 5 to carry them to some extent.

The calendar this year does not allow time to riders to find their form, failure to act will mean yet another year of under achievement.