British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Ipswich Witches. Championship 12/05/18

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Time to make some big decisions. Both Covatti and Heeps were signed on inflated avaerages. Covatti was always going to struggle to maintain his after the best part of a year out injured and Heeps as mentioned earlier struggles both in terms of consistency and professionalism. The reserves are not to blame the way the team has been built will mean they were always going to need the top 5 to carry them to some extent.

The calendar this year does not allow time to riders to find their form, failure to act will mean yet another year of under achievement.

Another year of under achievement it will be then. Seen it and heard it for far far far far far too long.  

Now, as someone else will always say, are there any riders out there?  

Edited by Baldyman

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Another year of under achievement it will be then. Seen it and heard it for far far far far far too long.  

Now, as someone else will always say, are there any riders out there?  

Who would possibly say such a thing Baldy :lol:

Good win for Bandits,some decent racing on a good track tonight proving what a difference a little bit of watering during the meeting makes,Schlien was sublime totally different class,he could have missed the gate every race and still race to a maximum ,Barker was his usual 110% entertainer,Hartel got better every race,Hume has something about him,Heeps was rubbish,Mountain not much better.Howe still struggling for some form, the rest were OK.

One or two decent races last night on a track that seemed to offer the riders something. As predicted Rory was unstoppable and Barker gave his usual "Death or Glory " display , I was quite surprised by Hartel's performance didn't expect him to do quite so well , as for the rest they where pretty forgettable, didn't expect much from Heels and I was proved right.  Good night from The Bandits reserves especially " The Enforcer  " , Howe and  Spud still seem a bit underpowered.  A similar score next Saturday night Vs The Tigers please , not sure we'll do much in the return of this fixture on Thursday night

Excellent win against an albeit depleted Ipswich team. Would the score have been different had King and Covatti been here? Who knows, but a win is a win. Probably just echoing the thoughts of everybody above, Schlein was in a class of his own. Outgated once, by Summers, all night, but easily found a way past. Ben Barker is brilliant to watch at Berwick, much the same as Bomber, never gives up. I was impressed with Hartel, he got better as the meeting went on and picked up a heat win.

Berwick were strength in depth personified with the two reserves almost top scoring. Good nights for Summers and Doolan. Glad to see Paul Starke getting up from the tangle which shot him into the fence at a funny rate, although his bike looked worse for wear, that would be an expensive crash.

Would like to see David Howe getting into the points. Not had the best of starts after a brilliant comeback last season. Maybe he will be the next one to spend a bit of time in the reserves. It seemed to work for John Lindman last night. Good to see him with a good score last night and get his confidence up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bree34 said:

who is "the Enforcer" in the berwick team

For some reason , Roy seems to have labelled  John Lindman  with " The Enforcer "  nickname 

15 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

For some reason , Roy seems to have labelled  John Lindman  with " The Enforcer "  nickname 

Bring back Richard :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Good win for Bandits,some decent racing on a good track tonight proving what a difference a little bit of watering during the meeting makes,Schlien was sublime totally different class,he could have missed the gate every race and still race to a maximum ,Barker was his usual 110% entertainer,Hartel got better every race,Hume has something about him,Heeps was rubbish,Mountain not much better.Howe still struggling for some form, the rest were OK.

How did Hume go Fromafar?  just hope Ippo stick with him and Mountain both have something Hume is raw but coming back from a serious injury was  always going to be hard.Just think Hume has a real bright future great win for Berwick nice to see the Swede do well as he is better rider than some of his scores suggest.

Think it’s time for changes at Ipswich.  Reluctantly I would release Danyon as we desperately need at least one decent reserve. Enter Nathan Greaves.

covatti and heeps to go too and be replaced by Kennett and use the remainder on whoever fits. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Well, tonight the texter on Speedway Updates seemed to find some good racing... 

I tell it as it is. Last night was decent. Been gate and go for the Bandits meetings I’ve seen at Berwick this year and I’ve seen em all

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How did Hume go Fromafar?  just hope Ippo stick with him and Mountain both have something Hume is raw but coming back from a serious injury was  always going to be hard.Just think Hume has a real bright future great win for Berwick nice to see the Swede do well as he is better rider than some of his scores suggest.

He really got stuck in ,he is a bit raw showed a fair bit of bottle after his coming together with Starke in a nasty 1st bend tangle and rode a great race in the re run to a 2nd.Thought he looked promising.Dont think he has ridden Berwick so did really well as I think it can be daunting to youngsters on 1st visit for just the sheer speed.

9 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I tell it as it is. Last night was decent. Been gate and go for the Bandits meetings I’ve seen at Berwick this year and I’ve seen em all

Correct,you have to tell as you see it.

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Think it’s time for changes at Ipswich.  Reluctantly I would release Danyon as we desperately need at least one decent reserve. Enter Nathan Greaves.

covatti and heeps to go too and be replaced by Kennett and use the remainder on whoever fits. 

It's already pretty clear reading match reports from the manager that not a single change will be made.....they need time.....I think that's the normal trotted out line.

52 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's already pretty clear reading match reports from the manager that not a single change will be made.....they need time.....I think that's the normal trotted out line.

not much time left surely??