British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Workington Championship - Friday 11th May

The first in a short spell of three home meetings with Panthers looking to consolidate their position at the top of the league table, it should have been a full strength Panthers team but it appears Nike Lunna got hurt at Redcar last night, whether he is fit to ride remains unclear at this point.

Workinton include Adam Ellis for Rene Bach and use RR for Rasmus Jensen who are both riding in Denmark.

Teams 

Peterborough - Nicholls, Grondal, Lunna, Palm Toft, Ostergaard, Bacon & Lambert.

Workington - Ellis, Jensen R/R, Proctor, Bewley, Klindt, Bickley & Wilson Dean.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Should be a close one..Ellis makes them stronger, Proctor is on fire, Bewley is excellent  at the showground, BWD obviously knows the track and if Klindt has his gating gloves on we could be in trouble so let's hope Lunna is able to ride.

Edited by Lukas

walkover for Peterborough .   the only way we will get anything out of this is if grondal and oystercard have mares . 

I fancy Workington to win this one.

This has now gone past the joke stage why are we at peterborough on there off  night with yet again without a full team.3 months into the season and we have yet to field a full team after allmost 48 yrs being a sppedway fanatic its time to walk away .

• Like 1

Reading the website it seems t getting back to denmark on sat morn is the prob  now we learn nic is missing on sunday as well as another sat missing for a concert at derwent park on a sat night if i was laura i would say why bother.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

This has now gone past the joke stage why are we at peterborough on there off  night with yet again without a full team.3 months into the season and we have yet to field a full team after allmost 48 yrs being a sppedway fanatic its time to walk away .

Not great Geoff, feel sorry for Laura and Jacko must be a nightmare sorting guests out !! We are without Dan Bewley and BWD I think next weekend for our Scunny fixtures , hopefully we can field our 1-7 for Sheffield away on 24th May.  From what I can see we don't have another Home meeting until Saturday 23rd June which is 5 weeks after next Saturday !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

7 rides for BWD will probably be the deciding factor on if the points go back to Cumbria.

That depends on which BWD turns up , we are well aware of what he is capable of . on his day he  rides the showground very well , on other days he can be hit and miss.

12 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Not great Geoff, feel sorry for Laura and Jacko must be a nightmare sorting guests out !! We are without Dan Bewley and BWD I think next weekend for our Scunny fixtures , hopefully we can field our 1-7 for Sheffield away on 24th May.  From what I can see we don't have another Home meeting until Saturday 23rd June which is 5 weeks after next Saturday !!

2nd June, Glasgow, Championship Shield?

16 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

That depends on if BWD turns up 

Edited for accuracy

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, comet49 said:

2nd June, Glasgow, Championship Shield?

Just seen that's the re-arranged fixture I haven't in my diary :)

• Like 1

speechless @ the moment ! roll on 20??:o

mason has not missed much then has he ?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

speechless @ the moment ! roll on 20??:o

mason has not missed much then has he ?

1) Couldn't agree more? :angry:

2) Neither have I!! :unsure:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks