British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Workington Championship - Friday 11th May

22 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Well , I didnt expect that result , but what a performance from our 5 boys and a good guest in Adam .. i’m so chuffed ..woohoo so much for your amazing no.1 :D:D

you missed out young ktle . he is part of the team after all ! but a great result , always expect the unexpected .

24 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Well , I didnt expect that result , but what a performance from our 5 boys and a good guest in Adam .. i’m so chuffed ..woohoo so much for your amazing no.1 :D:D

Yep, it was a terrific performance by your boys. They blew Panthers away, especially from the gate.  

You're entitled to be chuffed, and even to gloat a bit.  But it's a shame you added that little barb about Scotty.  He's been on top form for Panthers, and even tonight he was the best of the (admittedly pi55poor) bunch tonight.  

If Panthers can't finish top - which, at the mo, looks highly unlikely - I'll be rooting for the Comets based on that performance.    

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Well done Comets, you were awesome. Panthers riders hang your heads in shame, GUTLESS.

Likewise. 

With all the hype re Bickley, ie World Junior Championship ect ect What is the Workington fans views of his Performances so far this season   

Certainly never expected that result but hey, I'll take it!!

Very impressive all round with stand out performers Ty, Dan and Brad but when everybody chips in it's a team performance and it looks all over exactly that.

Panthers not so good tonight and perhaps on another day we'd have a different result but, sometimes your just not allowed to perform at your best and this looks one of those days!! ;)

Very pleased with tonight, hope this isn't a blip for us either, onwards and upwards!! :)

12 minutes ago, Argos said:

With all the hype re Bickley, ie World Junior Championship ect ect What is the Workington fans views of his Performances so far this season   

As expected really, hopelessly outclassed at this level but hey, I've always thought he'd grow into the team as the season progresses and he gain's more experience?

Not too worried at this time, second half of the season should see him improving a bit so I'm happy enough for now he has the talent he'll grow into this OK!! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

At least this year it was only a mid meeting apology needed rather than sackings :P

Are you sure about that , watch this space.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

Likewise. 

Well done Workington very impressive worthy winners who just blew away an ill prepared spineless display from Panthers riders ,Ged said mid meeting that it was just not good enough and apologised for the inept display .  He needs to take into account that what goes on with the riders also reflects on the management , for example the track seemed devoid of shale making it hard work for any rider to come from the back as the showground is supposed to be a racers track why is there so little shale on it. So we sign a team of supposed racers and give them very little shale to race on , if this  is how they want to carry on either get a decent surface of shale down or perhaps we should have signed a team of gaters This is not an excuse it's a complaint the management would do well to take notice of as fans wont keep turning up to listen to apologies . It's no good just blaming the riders every time they suffer home defeats ,management should also look at themselves and try and work where they are also going wrong. Fans will soon get to the point where there is no point if management can't be bothered why should the fans. This was the worst performance that I can ever remember witnessing and I have been supporting them since they were established in1970 and quite frankly it was  embarrassing

Proctor really is flying this season and back to the form he showed with Redcar about ten years ago. Good to see. 

Proctor really is flying this season and back to the form he showed with Redcar about ten years ago. Good to see. 

5 hours ago, Argos said:

Its a little harsh to say 'all the hype' - I don't recall much of that. There's no doubt he is struggling but its a massive step up from the NL.

I can only hope the Comets don't drop him because riding at Championship level will only help him improve and they won't get anyone else to score more on the same average.

As to the result, fingers crossed this will pull a few more in at Comets home matches as they simply don't get enough.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Completely unnecessary and immature to put that last bit in, have a word with yourself.

Mr Proctor is riding superbly and as a Lynn fan he's had me eating my words since our first meeting. Also great to see Bewley scoring big in the CL, what a prospect.

Now that was the kind of performance i was expecting to see a lot of at the start of the season given how the team was buildt etc.  It was utter dross. 

Singling a single rider out may seem poor after that display, but oyr captain was supposed to be cleaning up at hom from reserve, but he's simply not good enough.

Credit to Workington who blewus away.

Performances like that cannot be accepted and i hope it's just a one off.

47 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Now that was the kind of performance i was expecting to see a lot of at the start of the season given how the team was buildt etc.  It was utter dross. 

Singling a single rider out may seem poor after that display, but oyr captain was supposed to be cleaning up at hom from reserve, but he's simply not good enough.

Credit to Workington who blewus away.

Performances like that cannot be accepted and i hope it's just a one off.

Unlikely, there could be more to come...