British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
womble53

World Cup of Somerset - Your help required

Today is Somerset Day. This is an initiative by Somerset County Council to celebrate all things Somerset.

People were asked to nominate what they thought was good about the county & one of those nominations was Somerset Rebels. It didn't look as though they had much chance of progressing against the giants of the county, but they have made it to the Final. Its a great way to not only promote the county & the team, but also,  I feel, the sport itself.

So if you have a minute to spare & have a twitter account, why not visit the link below & cast a vote for the Rebel.

Anything that brings the sport to a wider audience can only be a benefit

Thanks Dave 

https://twitter.com/SomersetCouncil/status/994827145242431491?s=19

• Like 1

I had already seen it on Twitter and voted but for those that haven't anything that helps the Rebels helps Speedway so let's see if we can get them to top the poll.

Just now, Aces51 said:

I had already seen it on Twitter and voted but for those that haven't anything that helps the Rebels helps Speedway so let's see if we can get them to top the poll.

Thanks Aces51, it all helps

• Like 1

Things not going so well for the Rebels in the World Cup of Somerset. They've dropped back to third place, although not too far behind, just a few percent.

There's still time, so if you haven't voted, please give the Rebels (and Speedway) a chance.

If you have a twitter account, you can vote on the link below & please Retweet to everyone you know.

https://twitter.com/SomersetCouncil/status/994827145242431491?s=19

VOTING CLOSES AT 4PM

Many Thanks,

Dave T

Edited by womble53

Well that's it, the race is all done.

The Rebels made the podium, with joint third place, after leading in the early stages.

The Winner was Hot Fuzz, The Wurzels were second, with the Rebels & Carnival in joint third.

It was all a bit of fun to promote the county, and I guess it reached a lot of people, which can't be bad, especially if it put Speedway in front of a whole new audience. Now we just have to persuade a few of them through the gates.

many thanks to all who vote, and helped keep the Rebels in with a chance for so long.

Cheers Dave T

• Like 1