Eastbourne:

1. Baseby

2. Dugard 

3. Brennan 

4 Powell R/R

5. Wood

6. Laurence

7. Edwards 

Bees had a decent win against Eastbourne in their last home fixture but I can see this being a bit tighter. Looking forward to it!

With no Brooks or Powell, could be a similar score to last time. Would make the second leg interesting though if Coventry get a 10 point plus lead. 

Bees manager Martyn MacDonald wants more than 10. Mountain and Armstrong to have a similar performance and hopefully Danny Phillips can get some form, he needs some race wins.

• Like 1

It seems a few are going to attend their first Bees meeting of the season today, my dad included. Weather forecast looks excellent so hopefully a few more fans there today than in previous meetings. 

6 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

How many fans were there? Looked like a cracking meeting! 

According to Paul wood he says he counted everyone and there was only 150 fans in total he did say it was a cracking meeting though .

It would appear the attendances are dropping away unfortunately.

It's going to take a bumper crowd against Birmingham and cradley I think to get them going a nice Sunday afternoon cradley would take 200+ ? Brummies 120 + ?  Or am I way out ? 

15 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

According to Paul wood he says he counted everyone and there was only 150 fans in total he did say it was a cracking meeting though .

It would appear the attendances are dropping away unfortunately.

It's going to take a bumper crowd against Birmingham and cradley I think to get them going a nice Sunday afternoon cradley would take 200+ ? Brummies 120 + ?  Or am I way out ? 

And some of those 150 would have been Eastbourne.

Yep it was poor. Discussions going on about how the club can raise awareness that meetings are happening and how to get people there. Some people have said they didn't  know a meeting was on. Some ideas floating around and maybe hear what the promotion will do shortly. Having Eastbourne twice in a row and no meeting in 3 weeks didn't help, the Cradley meeting wouldve helped hugely I think but was postponed. Regular 'home' meetings now for the next 9 weeks, see if that will help and fans getting into the habit.

7 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Yep it was poor. Discussions going on about how the club can raise awareness that meetings are happening and how to get people there. Some people have said they didn't  know a meeting was on. Some ideas floating around and maybe hear what the promotion will do shortly. Having Eastbourne twice in a row and no meeting in 3 weeks didn't help, the Cradley meeting wouldve helped hugely I think but was postponed. Regular 'home' meetings now for the next 9 weeks, see if that will help and fans getting into the habit.

I take your point about having Eastbourne twice in a row. However, the Eagles must be one of the more attractive visitors (other than your near Midlands rivals)

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

I take your point about having Eastbourne twice in a row. However, the Eagles must be one of the more attractive visitors (other than your near Midlands rivals)

I don't think Eastbourne has ever been an attractive fixture in Bees fans minds. Birmingham, Cradley and Belle Vue will be the fixtures that i think will tempt fans more.

Maybe not in Elite League days but surely in the NL they must be regarded as attractive or, are the Coventry Fans not fully au fait with the league you are riding in and they are making judgement on days gone by?

Guest GiveusaB

From a NL perspective.....I look forward to seeing certain 'riders' as opposed to certain teams? i.e Drew Kemp/Leon Flint etc etc.....

Seeing a youngster progress grabs my attention (from an ardent 'speedway' fan's view)

The low crowds aren't really a surprise. I know fans of other clubs think that Bees fans should just be turning up regardless, but we have a unprecedented situation/shambles going on whereby three parties are involved in the demise of Brandon and a campaign group working independently of the stock car and speedway promoters to try and save the place.

The promotion have put people so offside over the last few years that it was never going to work.

I would wager that some of the Storm crowds at Brandon in 2016 were not much more than 150.  Coventry fans had already voiced their disapproval of National League racing when it was on their doorstep, so how can it work 30 miles down the road?

Many of the NL meetings at Brandon were run as a total shambles, only getting to heat ten and some, which some of us paid for in advance, weren't even staged.

Horton is reaping what he has sown over the years I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
19 minutes ago, CB252 said:

The low crowds aren't really a surprise. I know fans of other clubs think that Bees fans should just be turning up regardless, but we have a unprecedented situation/shambles going on whereby three parties are involved in the demise of Brandon and a campaign group working independently of the stock car and speedway promoters to try and save the place.

The promotion have put people so offside over the last few years that it was never going to work.

I would wager that some of the Storm crowds at Brandon in 2016 were not much more than 150.  Coventry fans had already voiced their disapproval of National League racing when it was on their doorstep, so how can it work 30 miles down the road?

Many of the NL meetings at Brandon were run as a total shambles, only getting to heat ten and some, which some of us paid for in advance, weren't even staged.

Horton is reaping what he has sown over the years I'm afraid.

I know all the politics is affecting the Bees at the moment....but the last time you had a NL side, you also had the big boys in the top flight and it's hard to compete with that ?