British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Edinburgh Championship - Sunday 13th May

34 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

After blowing the cobwebs away and suffering Rathbone's ire on Friday I doubt that there will be a repeat here at least. Workington's team looked to be big trouble as it proved. Edinburgh do not carry that threat or have that solid look (famous last words. I await the Stilton prediction!) but who knows.

Well I think we will bounce back from Friday and win 50-40. My main prediction, however is that Flappy will be on here after the meeting to moan about how the team was made up.

Edited by Stiltonpanther

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Will happily take a point from this one 

I agree with the pink blob. 

But will turn up for my first speedway of the year though in hope not expectation. 

Would have been better for us if worky hadn't wiped the floor with the panters on Friday. 

• Haha 1

As the Scotsman says monarchs probably arriving at the wrong time with the Panthers determined to make up for Friday night and we still have a few finding their feet. Outside chance with Ricky, Erik, Mark and Josh all showed good signs round there and if Matt gets going you never know. Those guys also prefer a bit of dirt and Not expecting much from josh or max.

Happy with a point from this.

For those complaining about the cost and quality of speedway get the dvd for the Monarchs vs panthers match.  Absolutely magic 

38 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Well I think we will bounce back from Friday and win 50-40. My main prediction, however is that Flappy will be on here after the meeting to moan about how the team was made up.

Brave man Stilts, never seen anyone leg it so quickly as you did on Friday :D

15 minutes ago, scotchopper said:

As the Scotsman says monarchs probably arriving at the wrong time with the Panthers determined to make up for Friday night and we still have a few finding their feet. Outside chance with Ricky, Erik, Mark and Josh all showed good signs round there and if Matt gets going you never know. Those guys also prefer a bit of dirt and Not expecting much from josh or max.

Happy with a point from this.

For those complaining about the cost and quality of speedway get the dvd for the Monarchs vs panthers match.  Absolutely magic 

How many swallows make a summer? The whole package is more than just 15 heats anyway.

Edited by Crump99

23 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Depends what the Showground allow them to do and what our finances allow. That's not necessarily bad management but the way things are these days.

Do the showground management stop them from purchasing a delivery of shale to store so it can be used when required , are we in a position where we can purchase Mick Horton's cast off riders but can't afford to buy shale.

Take the point but feel a little disappointed we never left with more, maybe one day all 7 will ride to their capabilities at the same time.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Well done MPT.

Well done MPT and Nicholls who carries the team. 

Time to start looking for alternatives to Lambert imo and Lunna isn't a heat leader at home.

I wouldn't say Nicholls carries the team..I like him and want him to do well but he hasn't been a no 1 for us yet this season..and he gifted them a point in heat 15. I don't know what's going on with Lambert and Osterguard..riding like amateurs. It's worrying that if MPT hadn't rode out of his skin we would have lost again at home against an average side.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Do the showground management stop them from purchasing a delivery of shale to store so it can be used when required , are we in a position where we can purchase Mick Horton's cast off riders but can't afford to buy shale.

Wouldn't be surprised with anything at the Showground. Probably charge for storage and tell us when and how much we can use. I'm still getting over the Europress banner staring back from the fence coming off turn 2 so we'll leave the second bit.

Lambert is a real concern for me, granted I've never been his biggest fan but at home he's supposed to be our trump card at reserve 

40 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Oystercard started the season brilliantly, has that already gone Pete Tong?

He's just an inconsistent rider and aways has been. 

Well I think workingtons drubbing of Glasgow puts things into perspective. Still early days in the season and only a few home meetings in, sticking by the riders is what's needed.