British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Neil Vatcher doing a great job.

9 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have followed the youth scene for a while and thing's are looking pretty good for the future and for me Neil Vatcher is a unsung hero he has really pushed us on as a nation.He does a great job his enthusiasm is infectious and it would be great if a few Brits can crack it and actually go on and have good speedway career's.Lambert leading the way Bewley improving by the minute and the likes of Saunders,Kemp,Flint,Rowe,Atkins, (etc) doing great the future looks exciting just thought Neil deserves lots of credit.

Been with him all afternoon at the Redcar round of the BYC. Great job.

Doing a gtreat job is neil under difficult circumstances. Some really good kids coming through at every level and plenty of talent on show yesterday 

• Like 2

The contribution and absolute dedication from Neil and supporting team is a major positive for British Speedway. Amongst so much negativity and self interest they maintain an essential youth lifeline. Several promising prospects coming through, gives us some hope. 

• Like 1

Is Neil Vatcher part of that new Great Britain Speedway Team set-up, or is he working independantly from them ?

Don’t forget his wife Jackie too. Both go above and beyond and have helped Adam enormously over the last 6 years since he first started racing in the UK. 

57 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Don’t forget his wife Jackie too. Both go above and beyond and have helped Adam enormously over the last 6 years since he first started racing in the UK. 

Quite agree Jonny. Unbelievable work rate and responsibilities by the Vatcher team. Add the SCB job as well.

Not really a comment on Neil Vatcher as I'm sure he's doing a fine job but more of a comment on the whole "youth policy" in SGB... I was wondering how long the 3rd tier of British Speedway has been in operation and what is the highest achievement by a British rider to come through that league (and before you all clammer to write Woffy! Woffy! Woffy! I think we can all agree that he learnt his trade in Aus) 

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Not really a comment on Neil Vatcher as I'm sure he's doing a fine job but more of a comment on the whole "youth policy" in SGB... I was wondering how long the 3rd tier of British Speedway has been in operation and what is the highest achievement by a British rider to come through that league (and before you all clammer to write Woffy! Woffy! Woffy! I think we can all agree that he learnt his trade in Aus) 

Didn`t Craig Cook, Steve and Ritchie Worrall all start in the National League??

Have they not all attained well deserved achievement's?

Personally they are all exceptional and continue to excel.

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

I thought they all came from MotoX? Did they ride in the 3rd tier? I honestly don't know?

In fact thinking of the bigger picture does anybody know how the "big stars" of today started their speedway careers? The young Poles, Vaculik, Zagar, Lindgren etc. Did they come through youth leagues or did they just have the ability and burst onto the scene?

I know the Danes used to be quite proud of their youth setup, but for all the kids they had coming through they didn't even qualify for the SWC final last year

Edited by iainb

4 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Yes, Cook though Redcar Cubs to Workington, The Worrals from MotoX went to Scunny and were in the NL. At different times both Steve and Richie used to ride in ALL three leagues at the same time. I don't agree that Woffy gained all his experience in OZ. He rode at Scunny and was bought by Silver for Rye House and also to CVS at Wolverhampton.

Think it's probably fair to say that Chris Harris (St Austell) has achieved most after coming through the 3rd tier