British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

Belle Vue 
Craig Cook, Steve Worrall R/R, Dan Bewley, Rohan Tungate, Max Fricke, Jye Etheridge, Damian Drozdz

Swindon 
Nick Morris, Adam Ellis, Troy Batchelor, David Bellego, Tobias Musielak, Zach Wajtknecht, Jack Smith

Edited by Rob B

With Swindon new no7. Ex belle vue rider. Will this improve Swindons chance  I'd say not. Easy home win

54-36

With respect to Jack probably not. We are probably strengthened by using r/r at home too. I think Jye and Damien will go well in this one, Drozdz will start picking up 8/9 points a meeting soon.

Jack has a point to prove....this meeting could fire him up.

Still think we will win.

Dan Bewley has just broken the Glasgow track record. Kerr broke it in HT1 in 57.7.Then Dan won HT7 in 57.66.

• Like 1

45 each

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

Oh dear!

I've not checked personally but according to a Belle Vue fans Facebook page only 300 advanced tickets have been sold for tonight's meeting, I've never seen less than that (when I've looked) even for a Colts meeting!

There have been some remarkably gormless decisions since chapman has been chairman but the predictable disaster of Monday night speedway could be the one that actually closes tracks down.

Hasn't Belle Vue always run on a Monday in recent years and isn't Monday night speedway done for tv.

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Oh dear!

I've not checked personally but according to a Belle Vue fans Facebook page only 300 advanced tickets have been sold for tonight's meeting, I've never seen less than that (when I've looked) even for a Colts meeting!

There have been some remarkably gormless decisions since chapman has been chairman but the predictable disaster of Monday night speedway could be the one that actually closes tracks down.

Just looked on the website to see if there was a £10 offer. 22 quid to get in for a televised match? I think that might be the reason.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Just looked on the website to see if there was a £10 offer. 22 quid to get in for a televised match? I think that might be the reason.

£18 actually, no BT offer this year. Personally I think they should have given vouchers out though at last weeks BH meeting for £10 this week.

Apart from BH Monday, other Mondays crowds have been 400-500 down on last season, that’s a hell of a lot. The racing is still as good on excellent track with good facilities, decent team lineup similar to last few seasons, the main reason is change from Friday to Monday which could get worst with TV fixtures on Mondays starting now.

Hopefully school holidays will make a difference soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Hasn't Belle Vue always run on a Monday in recent years and isn't Monday night speedway done for tv.

Belle Vue ran on Monday at the dog track but that was not by choice but because of their landlords. They wanted to race on Friday and changed to that day as soon as they moved to the NSS. As Rob has said crowds have been down significantly this year and the only difference is the race night. 

The lack of TV money makes it difficult to take the risk of £10 entry for TV meetings.

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

£18 actually, no BT offer this year. Personally I think they should have given vouchers out though at last weeks BH meeting for £10 this week.

Apart from BH Monday, other Mondays crowds have been 400-500 down on last season, that’s a hell of a lot. The racing is still as good on excellent track with good facilities, decent team lineup similar to last few seasons, the main reason is change from Friday to Monday which could get worst with TV fixtures on Mondays starting now.

Hopefully school holidays will make a difference soon.

That is a hell of a drop in numbers and income for the club, not good.

9 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That is a hell of a drop in numbers and income for the club, not good.

Yes and at supporters meeting before the season the owners said they were losing lot of money last year and needed more people coming and this year it’s even worst.