British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

1 minute ago, Col said:

Not if he gates like he did in his first three rides.

Yeah but who will have to pass if he misses it? A bunch of trees!!

Just now, Col said:

Not if he gates like he did in his first three rides.

I remember when I used to watch Rickardsson riding for Kings Lynn's and I remember him missing gates loads and over taking everyone for fun. Bewley reminds me of that sometimes when he gets going. He rides a different line around the NSS to almost everyone else but it works.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Couldnt give a monkeys what you say mate. theres no more that 400 there. What a way to drive fans away. And wheres all this passing on this super dupper track. farce.

A poor meeting by NSS standards but in the end far better than the borefest I witnessed when we were down your place.

just got in, what a night, fantastic racing, great presentation and chase the Ace. Race of the night or even season up to date Tungate and Musielak just fantastic, Dan as usual is awesome.

Swindon deserved an away point, but it just slipped away in the final few heats, Belle Vue well deserving of the 3 points.

• Like 3

If more tracks in this country could serve up racing like the Tungate and Musielak heat then the sport would be in a far better state.

That was class.

• Like 4

Well known that Manchester has 2 of the top football teams in the UK, one of them won the premier league with a record number of points. Tonight, starting earlier then the BV speedway did, Manchester City tem were doing a bus tour of the city centre probably ending at the town hall.  Maybe thats where some of the potential speedway crowd were at.

I know its been said before, but looking at the age group of the crowd, it must have been knocking on, maybe averaging well over 45. But there again, any young kid who follows football and speedway would most likely want to see the top football team doing a bus tour. Maybe...

35 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

The Swindon reserves are woeful, I thought Mitchell Davey was bad, then Jack Smith comes along.

No surprise that you have yet another dig at a rider still critically ill in hospital. What an utter disgrace. :mad:

• Like 1

Couldnt give a monkeys what you say mate. theres no more that 400 there. What a way to drive fans away. And wheres all this passing on this super dupper track. farce.

Cant believe you said that.... or do you want to change your mind.....

Wow, I knew you were bitter but are you sure you had the TV on. there was more passing in heat 9 than you see all season down south, Dan Bewley beating T Batchelor twice from the back just fantastic, the 5-1 in heat 14 had the fans on their feet and if that had of been your turbo twins in years gone by we would still be hearing about it.

Yes the attendance was very poor, a mixture of Monday night speedway, it being on the TV. and as Mr Fundin as pointed out Manchester City were on their victory parade. Hopefully the powers that be will realise that they are killing speedway over here, change the race nights to suit all fans (not just the chosen few;)) and let profesional people run our sport.

Edited by hyderd

35 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

The award for worst ever Swindon debut.........Jack Smith

Your just a troll, and not a funny one !!!!! One disrespectful post after another......

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Wow, I knew you were bitter but are you sure you had the TV on. there was more passing in heat 9 than you see all season down south, Dan Bewley beating T Batchelor twice from the back just fantastic, the 5-1 in heat 14 had the fans on their feet and if that had of been your turbo twins in years gone by we would still be hearing about it.

Yes the attendance was very poor, a mixture of Monday night speedway, it being on the TV. and as Mr Fundin as pointed out Manchester City were on their victory parade. Hopefully the powers that be will realise that they are killing speedway over here, change the race nights to suit all fans (not just the chosen few;)) and let profesional people run our sport.

What did i say about heat 9 ? read the bleedin posts.  It seems your the one A who dont read, and B didnt watch the meeting. Dont make excuses, your promotion didnt even dangle a carrot, very poor show. NOW, and what did i say about young Bewley, clearly you didnt read that either, if you did you chose to ignore it..

Edited by Starman2006

50 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah but who will have to pass if he misses it? A bunch of trees!!

Not sure he can give King, Cook, either Worrall or Nicholls that much of a head start.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

And the award for worst ever Swindon debut.........Jack Smith

Nah. I saw Kelly Morans Swindon debut at Cradley in the early 90's.

On tonight's showing I think he could. King isn't where he was 2 years ago, Nicholls wins or is last and just can't work the place out. Cook is struggling and he needed a strong start to the season to get his confidence up. 

Dan Bewley is great around everywhere at the moment, he is lucky he looks to be about 9 stone and on a speedway bike it really does matter. Be interesting to see if he bulks out as he gets older as missing the gate and riding round people is great, he needs to learn to mix it up on the first bend and that will come as he is so young but I worry being so lightweight he could struggle in that area of it. But.. Take nothing away from he is a special talent and doesn't look to have an ounce of arrogance that some half his talent carry. A joy to watch and they should give him the wild card for Cardiff tomorrow.