British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Was an enjoyable meeting - you certainly can't keep a rider behind you very easily if they are faster.  Batchelor was making starts but didn't have the same pace.  Funny how the inside was king to start with then the outside and this reverted to the inside again near the end.  Have to admit Pearson's shouting is starting to grate, nothing wrong with KT though.

Agree with your comments about Pearson but I find both awful, BT should have found new people.  

13 hours ago, Grachan said:

Must be great watching Dan Bewley every week, and on a track like that. If he keeps up riding like that then BV look a good bet for champs.

Enjoyed the meeting despite the loss.

I still think they should have got everyone into the main stand, though.

How many tracks charge different admission for different parts of the stadium don't see any point in that at all

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

How many tracks charge different admission for different parts of the stadium don't see any point in that at all

The track may be good but the experience for fans is not, in my view.  On my second visit (first was World Cup so that doesn't count) I had no idea where to queue and wanted to stand on bend 2.  It was a long queue I was standing in at the main entrance but luckily I did speak to the person next to me who told me I had to go out of the stadium bit and walk around a car park and there'll be a little gate where I had to go for bend 2.  There was one catering van which took forever to get served and I missed one of the races.  The meeting was good but the experience could have been so much better.

I wonder how good Dan bewley will get what an exciting prospect for British speedway and he comes across as a smahing young lad .could have the no 1 race jacket at Belle Vue soon ?

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

I wonder how good Dan bewley will get what an exciting prospect for British speedway and he comes across as a smahing young lad .could have the no 1 race jacket at Belle Vue soon ?

He is top of 2018 averages but as rolling averages being used will be quite a while till he gets to number 1.

Very impressive from Bewley again, it's not just winning races it's the speed he gets and how far ahead he finishes. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on in the British Final now 

5 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Don't remember saying that about Hyde Road, or tracks like Blackbird Road or The Shay - entertainment almost guaranteed throughout the nights at those three, thanks to the riders, not the bikes

You are talking about tracks that closed down over 30 years ago, it would have been interesting to see how today's rocket ships would have fared on those tracks, sadly we'll never know, it's a different sport these days.

15 hours ago, hyderd said:

Hopefully the powers that be will realise that they are killing speedway over here, change the race nights to suit all fans (not just the chosen few;)) and let profesional people run our sport.

Genuine question: What was the official reason given for FRN? I thought it was to stop (or cut down) on rider absences due to the double up rule. I must admit that so far this season there seem to be a lot less guest and R/R than in recent years, which I am thankful for... but it's no good if you're playing in front of empty houses!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

You are talking about tracks that closed down over 30 years ago, it would have been interesting to see how today's rocket ships would have fared on those tracks, sadly we'll never know, it's a different sport these days.

Yes, sadly it is a different sport these days and that is the main reason for the loss of fans from years ago. Change is not always for the better as is shown in the case of UK speedway's "development".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

As Rob R said, the rolling averages will rule that out, for this season at least ;) I don't know what he's doing different this season, or who does his bikes, but he's flying. As you said Ray , he comes across as a lovely lad, very grounded for such a young age. BV have got a gem there.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Only Belle Vue as far as I know.

However , it was the intention of Morton and Gordon to have a lower price for those that did not want to pay for seating in the grandstand.

When I started watching in the 60’s , Hyde road had the popular side and the main stands near the starting gate.... two prices and you were not allowed to transfer to the dear side until the second half.

The differing price structure is the reason why you cannot move anywhere in the stadium during the meeting.

According to the BSPA website Rohan had a blistering night :D

Belle Vue 50 (Rohan Tungate 113)
Swindon 40 (Troy Batchelor 12+2)

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

As Rob R said, the rolling averages will rule that out, for this season at least ;) I don't know what he's doing different this season, or who does his bikes, but he's flying. As you said Ray , he comes across as a lovely lad, very grounded for such a young age. BV have got a gem there.

I think it's just that he is developing his natural ability and making progress at a rapid rate. It was obvious that he was a rare talent from his first meeting for the Colts,.  which was only at the beginning of 2016.

21 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Couldnt give a monkeys what you say mate. theres no more that 400 there. What a way to drive fans away. And wheres all this passing on this super dupper track. farce.

"Farce" ?.... Plenty of passing, especially from Tungate /  Bewley  

you really do have a personal grudge against BVs  new track don't you ....And possibly the Aces themselves ? ..

Jealousy ?          Pathetic really 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Plenty of passing, especially from Tungate /  Bewley  

you really do have a personal grudge against BV new track don't you ....And possibly the Aces themselves ? ..

Jealousy ?          Pathetic really 

It was a treat to watch dan bewley last night on a super duper track .thats been starmans attitude since day one in which i dont understand why

Edited by ray c
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ray c said:

It was a treat to watch dan bewley last night on a super duper track .thats been starmans attitude sinse day in which i dont understand

Thought it was an extremely enjoyable meeting , two strong teams going for it !

To call it a 'farce' was a ridiculous statement, ... The kind of sh***e I've come to expect from certain posters