British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

Another night of great racing at Belle vue, the crowds are there (bank holiday ) if the right race night is used?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

"Farce" ?.... Plenty of passing, especially from Tungate /  Bewley  

you really do have a personal grudge against BVs  new track don't you ....And possibly the Aces themselves ? ..

Jealousy ?          Pathetic really 

I dont i just think your promotion could have done more to attract more through the gate. Simples. Now, before you have a pop, please read my other posts. Thank you..

Even though we lost, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.

• Like 1

Finally watched the meeting. Some good racing at times. Heat 9 in particular. Why on earth was the crowd so small though? I just don’t believe that because Belle Vue have switched to a Monday it has taken 500 off the gate. Wolves ride Mondays. Fans come out. If ManU played on a Monday is there only 45,000 there? No. Perhaps the BV management need to start more advertising as the product is good. Good stadium, good facilities, great racing. No excuse not to have a full grandstand.

As for the meeting, it went as expected. Swindon in the mix but gradually running out of steam. Weak reserves their achilies heel.

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

iinally watched the meeting. Some good racing at times. Heat 9 in particular. Why on earth was the crowd so small though? I just don’t believe that because Belle Vue have switched to a Monday it has taken 500 off the gate. Wolves ride Mondays. Fans come out. If ManU played on a Monday is there only 45,000 there? No. Perhaps the BV management need to start more advertising as the product is good. Good stadium, good facilities, great racing. No excuse not to have a full grandstand.

As for the meeting, it went as expected. Swindon in the mix but gradually running out of steam. Weak reserves their achilies heel.

Speedway ain't football though .Man Utd have 80 -90k + fans trying to fit into a 75k stadium most games. Try and get a ticket.

Man City had their tour through the town on the same night and the meeting was on TV.. It was said 800 by BV fans who have a better idea the us lot. That's not good, but if you take the TV and Man City away, they might of had 12-1300, which I guess is about right ?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Finally watched the meeting. Some good racing at times. Heat 9 in particular. Why on earth was the crowd so small though? I just don’t believe that because Belle Vue have switched to a Monday it has taken 500 off the gate. Wolves ride Mondays. Fans come out. If ManU played on a Monday is there only 45,000 there? No. Perhaps the BV management need to start more advertising as the product is good. Good stadium, good facilities, great racing. No excuse not to have a full grandstand.

You may not believe that switching to Monday is the reason for the drop in crowd numbers but it's the only factor that has changed from last season, so that seems fairy conclusive. Additionally, the Bank Holiday crowd was good, which again shows that the support is still there but just not prepared to come out on a Monday unless it's a holiday. 

More advertising would only be relevant to explain the drop in numbers through the turnstiles if they were doing less advertising this year than last and that isn't the case. In fact the social media presence is greater this year.

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Does anyone know if the Tungate Musi race has been posted anywhere on social media please?

Might be worth looking on the BV website or Speedway GB..You get the odd vid on there. Worth looking..

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I dont i just think your promotion could have done more to attract more through the gate. Simples. Now, before you have a pop, please read my other posts. Thank you..

Most people have commented on a throughly enjoyable meeting , on a great track with plenty of passing from both teams 

Especially from young Dan Bewley  with Musielak and Bellego also impressive ....But you saw something different ???, 

And your comment "where was all the passing on this super duper track ?" was ridiculous .  No mention of BVs promotors 'doing more' BTW

Perhaps you should read your posts ?   

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Even though we lost, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.

Me too,  thought the Aces did well to beat a very impressive Robins outfit by 10,

think our reserves swung it in the end ?

3 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Me too,  thought the Aces did well to beat a very impressive Robins outfit by 10,

think our reserves swung it in the end ?

Two good reserves you have there, Drozdz looks promising

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noggin said:

Two good reserves you have there, Drozdz looks promising

Yes Drozdz could be a match winner at the NSS , 

Morris had a off night by his standards, and Batch seemed to lack his usual speed ?

Otherwise it would have been a lot closer .... Still believe the Robins will be the team to beat come the play offs 

4 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Yes Drozdz could be a match winner at the NSS , 

Morris had a off night by his standards, and Batch seemed to lack his usual speed ?

Otherwise it would have been a lot closer .... Still believe the Robins will be the team to beat come the play offs 

He was ok out of the starts. If had dropped a tooth or 2 off of the rear, he might of had more speed.