British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Does anyone know if the Tungate Musi race has been posted anywhere on social media please?

Speedway for All has all the heats on you tube. Not sure how to send the link. If you search Belle Vue Aces v Swindon Robins you should find it.

Polish Commentary

Edited by Anzum

38 minutes ago, noggin said:

Two good reserves you have there, Drozdz looks promising

Think Drozdz will become a really useful sting in the Aces tail as the season progresses. Do fear for him at Monmore though, be good to get him some quality practice time round a tight track, eg.Edinburgh or Lakeside. I see Wolves as playoff quality, the experience could prove vital, both for Damian & the Aces down the line.

Thought Robins were a bit unlucky not to pick up a point. Have always had time for Musielak since he showed up at our old dog track first time (with Wolves) & really attacked it. He was good last night & that heat 9 was definitely out of the top drawer! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Star Lady said:

If most meetings were of that standard I for one wouldn't have walked away from the sport. I'm not in favour of super tuned bikes but last night didn't come across to me as a track simply for fast bikes. If you think Batchelor has more talent/trackcraft than Bewley for example I suggest you are rather biased.

Totally agree, I would happily pay my money to watch speedway at the NSS every week, whether on TV or not. unfortunately I don't which is why I also have walked away. The National Speedway Stadium is one of the last few shining beacons of British speedway, frankly there are not many others. Unfortunately there are not another 10 - 15 stadiums / tracks on a par with the NSS to make the sport prosperous in this country. When someone of the experience of Martin Dugard says  "speedway is dying on its feet " you know its true

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Yes Drozdz could be a match winner at the NSS , 

Morris had a off night by his standards, and Batch seemed to lack his usual speed ?

Otherwise it would have been a lot closer .... Still believe the Robins will be the team to beat come the play offs 

Same as last year, we're one rider short of an ace team, early form is promising though, considering we were written off by many of the so called experts.

• Like 1

cant wait for the british final .i think it could be something special if dan bewley could win it

Wolves have Monday as their regular race night, Poole retained their regular Weds nights, and Swindon have kept a majority of their Thursdays, the real drop in attendances appear to be BV and Rye, is it a coincidence that these two clubs have been forced to move from their preferred race nights? Somerset have also had to move from Fridays but don't know how that has affected them, perhaps moving away from the busiest period on the M5 has helped them?

Once again our two reserves came good....pleasing signs of improvement.

well done Jye and Damian

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Wolves have Monday as their regular race night, Poole retained their regular Weds nights, and Swindon have kept a majority of their Thursdays, the real drop in attendances appear to be BV and Rye, is it a coincidence that these two clubs have been forced to move from their preferred race nights? Somerset have also had to move from Fridays but don't know how that has affected them, perhaps moving away from the busiest period on the M5 has helped them?

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is for the Monday Swindon v   Rye House fixture .How many people apart from the die hards can afford two meetings in 5 days? i cannot remember many meetings at the Abbey being held on a Monday unless it was a Bank Holiday or Tv meeting.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Later in the season most of the Swindon matches are on mondays, it will be interesting to see if a regular change has any effect in the numbers attending.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:28 PM, Starman2006 said:

Couldnt give a monkeys what you say mate. theres no more that 400 there. What a way to drive fans away. And wheres all this passing on this super dupper track. farce.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:26 PM, hyderd said:

Wow, I knew you were bitter but are you sure you had the TV on. there was more passing in heat 9 than you see all season down south, Dan Bewley beating T Batchelor twice from the back just fantastic, the 5-1 in heat 14 had the fans on their feet and if that had of been your turbo twins in years gone by we would still be hearing about it.

Yes the attendance was very poor, a mixture of Monday night speedway, it being on the TV. and as Mr Fundin as pointed out Manchester City were on their victory parade. Hopefully the powers that be will realise that they are killing speedway over here, change the race nights to suit all fans (not just the chosen few;)) and let profesional people run our sport.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, Starman2006 said:

What did i say about heat 9 ? read the bleedin posts.  It seems your the one A who dont read, and B didnt watch the meeting. Dont make excuses, your promotion didnt even dangle a carrot, very poor show. NOW, and what did i say about young Bewley, clearly you didnt read that either, if you did you chose to ignore it..

what did you say about heat 9 in the post I quoted, nothing! What did you say about Dan Bewley in your post I quoted, again nothing. the only thing we agree on is the numbers attending the meeting, was very poor and must be a worry for our promotion, however I would hazard a guess that it was that poor mainly because of the celebrations in the City for the blue half.

As for our super duper track, it's because it's super duper that it gives the riders confidence to race, as was witnessed in heat 9

So to quote yourself (only I wont be as rude as you). Read the post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally, Monday nights at Belle Vue is pretty hopeless for me because of work commitments.

If matches were on Fridays or Saturdays I would be there most weeks, but Monday is literally the worst night of the week to hold a speedway meeting.

21 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Does anyone know if the Tungate Musi race has been posted anywhere on social media please?

Al the heats with Polish commentary, heat 9 is at about 11.30

Whilst watching this back I was reminded about the RR in heat one that I’d like to gauge opinion on. 

It’s my belief that if you are running RR and one of your reserves needs to take one of the rides, you always run the reserve in heat one as it gives him a go on the track and (hopefully) an advantage in heat two. Mark doesn’t do this and I’d be interested what other fans thought. 

13 minutes ago, ouch said:

Whilst watching this back I was reminded about the RR in heat one that I’d like to gauge opinion on. 

It’s my belief that if you are running RR and one of your reserves needs to take one of the rides, you always run the reserve in heat one as it gives him a go on the track and (hopefully) an advantage in heat two. Mark doesn’t do this and I’d be interested what other fans thought. 

I think that's a valid tactic but so is using a rider who may help hit the opposition hard with a heat advantage in heat 1, preferably a 5-1. Both options are tactically sound providing you have riders who can give you a reasonable chance of either benefiting from the first heat and then winning heat 2 or getting the 5-1.