Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Belle Vue 
Craig Cook, Steve Worrall R/R, Dan Bewley, Rohan Tungate, Max Fricke, Jye Etheridge, Damian Drozdz

Swindon 
Nick Morris, Adam Ellis, Troy Batchelor, David Bellego, Tobias Musielak, Zach Wajtknecht, Jack Smith

Edited by Rob B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belle Vue 48 Swindon 42 getting my early prediction in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Swindon new no7. Ex belle vue rider. Will this improve Swindons chance  I'd say not. Easy home win

 

54-36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With respect to Jack probably not. We are probably strengthened by using r/r at home too. I think Jye and Damien will go well in this one, Drozdz will start picking up 8/9 points a meeting soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack has a point to prove....this meeting could fire him up.

Still think we will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Bewley has just broken the Glasgow track record. Kerr broke it in HT1 in 57.7.Then Dan won HT7 in 57.66.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh dear!

I've not checked personally but according to a Belle Vue fans Facebook page only 300 advanced tickets have been sold for tonight's meeting, I've never seen less than that (when I've looked) even for a Colts meeting!

There have been some remarkably gormless decisions since chapman has been chairman but the predictable disaster of Monday night speedway could be the one that actually closes tracks down.

Edited by Fred Flange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

Oh dear!

I've not checked personally but according to a Belle Vue fans Facebook page only 300 advanced tickets have been sold for tonight's meeting, I've never seen less than that (when I've looked) even for a Colts meeting!

There have been some remarkably gormless decisions since chapman has been chairman but the predictable disaster of Monday night speedway could be the one that actually closes tracks down.

Hasn't Belle Vue always run on a Monday in recent years and isn't Monday night speedway done for tv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Oh dear!

I've not checked personally but according to a Belle Vue fans Facebook page only 300 advanced tickets have been sold for tonight's meeting, I've never seen less than that (when I've looked) even for a Colts meeting!

There have been some remarkably gormless decisions since chapman has been chairman but the predictable disaster of Monday night speedway could be the one that actually closes tracks down.

Just looked on the website to see if there was a £10 offer. 22 quid to get in for a televised match? I think that might be the reason.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Just looked on the website to see if there was a £10 offer. 22 quid to get in for a televised match? I think that might be the reason.

 

£18 actually, no BT offer this year. Personally I think they should have given vouchers out though at last weeks BH meeting for £10 this week.

Apart from BH Monday, other Mondays crowds have been 400-500 down on last season, that’s a hell of a lot. The racing is still as good on excellent track with good facilities, decent team lineup similar to last few seasons, the main reason is change from Friday to Monday which could get worst with TV fixtures on Mondays starting now.

Hopefully school holidays will make a difference soon.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Hasn't Belle Vue always run on a Monday in recent years and isn't Monday night speedway done for tv.

Belle Vue ran on Monday at the dog track but that was not by choice but because of their landlords. They wanted to race on Friday and changed to that day as soon as they moved to the NSS. As Rob has said crowds have been down significantly this year and the only difference is the race night. 

The lack of TV money makes it difficult to take the risk of £10 entry for TV meetings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

£18 actually, no BT offer this year. Personally I think they should have given vouchers out though at last weeks BH meeting for £10 this week.

Apart from BH Monday, other Mondays crowds have been 400-500 down on last season, that’s a hell of a lot. The racing is still as good on excellent track with good facilities, decent team lineup similar to last few seasons, the main reason is change from Friday to Monday which could get worst with TV fixtures on Mondays starting now.

Hopefully school holidays will make a difference soon.

 

That is a hell of a drop in numbers and income for the club, not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy