British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow v Workington 13th May 4pm

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Rather than focus on our own shortcomings it would be totally dis-respectful to Workington.

Workington were absolutely fantastic from start to finish today and have fast emerged as real contenders on there last two performances, well done to all concerned at the Comets.  

And on to us all you can say is thank Christ for Lewis Kerr I will not say any more on the rest and the events on machinery as I may get a ban totally unacceptable is all I will say. 

I think the nature of the defeat and the score line I think it is impossible not to focus on your teams shortcomings, and looking at the top 2 scores been so low it has to be a worry.

A massive decision coming up for the Comets, as to what they do when Mason Campton is fit and ready to return to race, do they stay loyal to Campton or do they stick with BWD.

For me sticking with BWD would turn them from a decent team, into a team that could well put in a serious challenge for honours.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You should maybe worry about your own p*sh team rather than gloat on anyone else, but usual Edinburgh classless at all sports must be your upbringing clown.

We’re a Work in progress, just a bit of friendly banter, would fully expect the same if it was us on the receiving end of s pumping at home.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

good job brad Wilson dean don't got too well at Glasgow aint it

If you re-read i posted hadnt done too well at Glasgow previously, as he admitted today when interviewed.

Sometimes you can just tell beforehand its going to be a challenge. Sometimes you also need a good kicking to expose your weaknesses. I'll disagree with Gazc and say 75% of today was self inflicted by Glasgow. Harris blowing his machine into bits in ht1 is misfortune, the rest is questionable. Being allowed ht15 on a failing machine is poor team mgt. Worrall having an EF and exclusion in his first heat is unforgiveable, as is continuing to ride a moped incapable of scoring points.  He and Harris between them scored 6 points. Being consistently outgated at home is pathetic. On the rare occasion Glasgow riders came out ahead from bend 2 , Worky settled where they were, Proctor apart. Thank goodness for Lewis Kerr.

From a team management point of view, why was Starke allowed to ride when he was physically incapable of finishing 4 laps. 

Finally, congrats to Bewley on breaking the track record, we've been waiting for a performance like that since March 2017.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spin king said:

I think the nature of the defeat and the score line I think it is impossible not to focus on your teams shortcomings, and looking at the top 2 scores been so low it has to be a worry.

A massive decision coming up for the Comets, as to what they do when Mason Campton is fit and ready to return to race, do they stay loyal to Campton or do they stick with BWD.

For me sticking with BWD would turn them from a decent team, into a team that could well put in a serious challenge for honours.

Workington will more than likely bring mason back 

but theres no room for a 80% fit mason when Wilson-dean is so strong home and away 

1 minute ago, MD said:

If you re-read i posted hadnt done too well at Glasgow previously, as he admitted today when interviewed.

Sometimes you can just tell beforehand its going to be a challenge. Sometimes you also need a good kicking to expose your weaknesses. I'll disagree with Gazc and say 75% of today was self inflicted by Glasgow. Harris blowing his machine into bits in ht1 is misfortune, the rest is questionable. Being allowed ht15 on a failing machine is poor team mgt. Worrall having an EF and exclusion in his first heat is unforgiveable, as is continuing to ride a moped incapable of scoring points.  He and Harris between them scored 6 points. Being consistently outgated at home is pathetic. On the rare occasion Glasgow riders came out ahead from bend 2 , Worky settled where they were, Proctor apart. Thank goodness for Lewis Kerr.

From a team management point of view, why was Starke allowed to ride when he was physically incapable of finishing 4 laps. 

Finally, congrats to Bewley on breaking the track record, we've been waiting for a performance like that since March 2017.

hey its only banter

not often in recent years Workington are on a role

how much of the weekends results are both tigers and panthers being poor or was it actually comets were strong 

well never know 

look on the bright side Edinburgh lost at Peterborough today 

8 minutes ago, spin king said:

Possibly but no knee jerk reactions bad day at the office who knows but the main concern for me is the amount of mechanical problems this team continually have.

Paul Starke as an example clearly not fit but taking guest bookings rather than rest his injury.

Fully aware on the earning potential etc but surely you should put your own club first,there is a lot of soul searching to be done over the coming days as that capitulation was alarming.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Possibly but no knee jerk reactions bad day at the office who knows but the main concern for me is the amount of mechanical problems this team continually have.

Paul Starke as an example clearly not fit but taking guest bookings rather than rest his injury.

Fully aware on the earning potential etc but surely you should put your own club first,there is a lot of soul searching to be done over the coming days as that capitulation was alarming.

happens all the time 

riders guest for others and score good points but ride for there own team and just break the tapes 

now you know how Workington fans felt last year when sarj put big points in for Glasgow while dropping his average at Workington 

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

Strong team management required Gazc. The Starke situation today was pitiful. Lewis Kerr should have been in ht15, i dont give a #### about preserving his maximum. Harris shouldnt have got near it after his plethora of EFs. To think we binned Lawson and Summers for their inconsistency!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

happens all the time 

riders guest for others and score good points but ride for there own team and just break the tapes 

now you know how Workington fans felt last year when sarj put big points in for Glasgow while dropping his average at Workington 

Im not saying Paul Starke wasnt trying but it was clear to see he was nowhere near fit enough to ride today.

Guest bookings are a necessary evil it is just frustrating when it is your club that it impacts.

Not that a fit Paul Starke would have made any difference today Workington were brilliant today plain and simple.

What i will say though is if i turn up to my work with shoddy equipment i would be sent home. Richie Worrall today was slower than a tortoise without speed and bar one meeting it has been like that all season, somebody needs to explain wtf is going on with Richie ,Bomber etc.

This is happening far to often just to be bad luck fans pay good money to watch 4 riders race not 2 away riders clearing off and 2 home riders spluttering at the back going through the motions.

35 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Got to agree here, Starke should not have ridden on Friday or Saturday.

Chris Harris is having an absolutely terrible time of if witt bikes, even when he borrowed others something similar happened. 

For me questions need to be asked of Richie Worrall, started the season as no.1 and has been very poor this season. Vissing and Kerr have been carrying the team with Sarjeant and Thomas attaining more than their average in most meetings. 

21 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Im not saying Paul Starke wasnt trying but it was clear to see he was nowhere near fit enough to ride today.

Guest bookings are a necessary evil it is just frustrating when it is your club that it impacts.

Not that a fit Paul Starke would have made any difference today Workington were brilliant today plain and simple.

What i will say though is if i turn up to my work with shoddy equipment i would be sent home. Richie Worrall today was slower than a tortoise without speed and bar one meeting it has been like that all season, somebody needs to explain wtf is going on with Richie ,Bomber etc.

This is happening far to often just to be bad luck fans pay good money to watch 4 riders race not 2 away riders clearing off and 2 home riders spluttering at the back going through the motions.

Starke took a hefty thump into the air fence at Berwick last night .As for Harris it's just a blip ( according to him).

maybe Richie  Wozza is lowering his average for next year seeing he is on a set wage !

you guys enjoying sarj and his performances ?

harris should have enough bikes in his shed to bring to a meeting . 2nd bike fails and thats a former GP rider .maybe toys are us are doing his bikes this year .

but a cracking result for the marras and thats 2 wins on the bounce @ glasgow for us . 

mason maybe available for a loan to you guys or even BWD . bredders has been awesome for us . going to miss him .

you can put lipstick on a pig , but its still a pig .

just banter of course as we all know ..