British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow v Workington 13th May 4pm

what about our k10 rider . he could be available !

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No way will Haaris or Worrall be replaced there are no ideal replacements anyway.

Let the dust settle on this and regroup one thing though they must be told sort the issues and sort them fast.

No one is irreplacable. Our team is structured that the top end do the majority of the scoring and what the reserves give us is a bonus. This cant go on.

Just now, MD said:

No one is irreplacable. Our team is structured that the top end do the majority of the scoring and what the reserves give us is a bonus. This cant go on.

Its the machinery issues that cant go on . they don't become bad riders overnight , but they cant keep turning up with crap bikes . 

3 minutes ago, MD said:

You are 100% correct it can't continue both have had mechanical problems all season, when do you draw a line under it and say enough is enough.

Another meeting or two at a guess.

Another fantastic performance from the Comets on another away track. Well done guys.

Is this the year of the Comets??????

There is no doubt the promotion have a big decision to make when Mason is fit to resume racing and if BWD is available to the Comets for the rest of the season. The lad has certainly captured the attention of the supporters with his attacking style of riding and points to prove.

Edited by magnus

20 minutes ago, kermitfrog said:

Harris and Barker seem to be good friends, as well as Tom Perry, find the common link between the 3

They all have/or have been Glasgow riders ?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

They all have/or have been Glasgow riders ?

True but all had severe engine problems

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Let's hope for Workington's sake..this good form and good start will bring the punters through the turnstiles.

You would like to think it will. Should this be the case, then Laura would have to make a tough decision. Does she go down the route of BWD for the season or bring back Mason when he recovers from injury.  When you see the Comets results on the road in previous seasons, then these last two away results will have certainaly lifted the moral of the club, do you risk jeopardising that by bringing back Mason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Im not saying Paul Starke wasnt trying but it was clear to see he was nowhere near fit enough to ride today.

Guest bookings are a necessary evil it is just frustrating when it is your club that it impacts.

Not that a fit Paul Starke would have made any difference today Workington were brilliant today plain and simple.

What i will say though is if i turn up to my work with shoddy equipment i would be sent home. Richie Worrall today was slower than a tortoise without speed and bar one meeting it has been like that all season, somebody needs to explain wtf is going on with Richie ,Bomber etc.

This is happening far to often just to be bad luck fans pay good money to watch 4 riders race not 2 away riders clearing off and 2 home riders spluttering at the back going through the motions.

Agreed 100%. What happened today with Harris would never be allowed to happen had he been taking part in a GP or any meeting he was taking seriously. A total shambles, poor management, unproffesional preparations and seemingly no answer as the meeting went on. 

On the positive side it's goo to see worky doing well.

PS WTF was Brown thinking  in heat 15? Completely amateurish and summed it up. * I would take Masters at the mo, sorry Bomber, but that was appaling. 

Edited by damosuzuki
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No way will Haaris or Worrall be replaced there are no ideal replacements anyway.

Let the dust settle on this and regroup one thing though they must be told sort the issues and sort them fast.

Kevin Wolbert is riding well just now 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, damosuzuki said:

Agreed 100%. What happened today with Harris would never be allowed to happen had he been taking part in a GP or any meeting he was taking seriously. A total shambles, poor management, unproffesional preparations and seemingly no answer as the meeting went on. 

PS WTF was Brown thinking  in heat 15? Completely amateurish and summed it up. * I would take Masters at the mo, sorry Bomber, but that was appaling. 

Bomber due another rant on Twitter maybe!!!!

26 minutes ago, damosuzuki said:

What did Lewis Kerr say about heat 15? 

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bomber due another rant on Twitter maybe!!!!

Careful now... We are all just keyboard warriors !!!

in all seriousness though harris's social media showed the state of his engine, something isn't right and i hope it's not the same motor that was being repaired a few weeks back when he struggled at Leicester. With the semi final on Tuesday at Leicester I hope bomber gets himself sorted. I think it's a case of too many things at the same time going wrong, he will get it sorted I am sure.