British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow v Workington 13th May 4pm

Exactly!!! 

He said he didn’t want to ride so the “amateurish” team manager went for Harris who asked to ride. It’s a bit poor to start blaming the team manager for 4 engine failures in 5 rides. 

i wonder who it was that said before the season started that the Glasgow 2nd strings would make heat leaders @ workington .. come on , who was it , or do i look for it .

ya got burnt by the hot comets and dan took your track record .. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Kevin Wolbert is riding well just now 

Have i mentioned that a clown like the popcorn teeth Manager of your football club has more common sense than you little boy.

Now run along to bed you can do your homework in the morning.

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bomber due another rant on Twitter maybe!!!!

Don't think anybody gives a flying if he does.

Pleased to see Comets having a great start to the season and young Dan making very rapid progress. They have had a few tough years. Having watched Bomber over years, one thing nobody could level at him was lack of commitment to the cause. Harsh judging him on a few meetings. Ritchie? Would have loved to have seen him at Edinburgh. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Comets to do same to the Tigger's that they done to the pussycat's on Friday nite :)

Looks like I was correct :) now to find some lottery numbers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damosuzuki said:

Agreed 100%. What happened today with Harris would never be allowed to happen had he been taking part in a GP or any meeting he was taking seriously. A total shambles, poor management, unproffesional preparations and seemingly no answer as the meeting went on. 

On the positive side it's goo to see worky doing well.

PS WTF was Brown thinking  in heat 15? Completely amateurish and summed it up. * I would take Masters at the mo, sorry Bomber, but that was appaling. 

typical from Glasgow fans  along with paulco 

most Glasgow fans give accurate views and praise 

unlike the panthers that couldn't praise what looks like a good comets TEAM performance they just slated there own team 

maybe Workington were just too good for them on the night rather than panthers were poor 

Glasgow reports are sort of saying Workington were just too good on the day along with a few problems for there own riders

4 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

unlike the panthers that couldn't praise what looks like a good comets TEAM performance they just slated there own team 

maybe Workington were just too good for them on the night rather than panthers were poor 

Glasgow reports are sort of saying Workington were just too good on the day along with a few problems for there own riders

In a nutshell i rarely miss a home meeting and that was as good away performance i have seen from anyone.

Very impressed with the Comets today.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Another brilliant result for the "middle of the road" Comets, who'd have expected all these shenanigan's when the season started, we're not supposed to be doing this....what's happening?? :o

Probably for the first time in a long time we are starting to take advantage of other people's misfortune, something is clearly working for us here and long may it continue!!

Hopefully, and in the not too distant future, I hope to be able to see this phenomena at DP, having only been able to watch the Cumberland Open so far I'm getting rather excited at the prospect, just one problem tho......when is that exactly??? :unsure:

i think its glssgow in  2/3 weeks time . but inbetween there is a best pairs meet . 

but dont quote me on it .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Workington were just too good for us on the day , Proctor has never ridden better than he is now and Bewley was very impressive on his return . Bradley Wilson Dean had struggled to score a point in previous Ashfield visits , he looked a totally different rider yesterday . 

That result yesterday has turned the group on its head , with Workington now in pole position to come top . 

We need to take a long hard look at things , there is a definite problem in the pits with machinery . Young Jack is struggling with this , Worrall looks slow and Bomber's continuing difficulties are well documented . Blowing an engine at the tapes in heat 1 was a major blow , the second bike clearly wasn't fast enough , then he proceeded to break down on Jack Thomas' bike . When i heard him announced in red for heat 15 , i half expected to see him out on an Allied Vehicles mobility scooter , as it turned out that might have been a better option . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Another brilliant result for the "middle of the road" Comets, who'd have expected all these shenanigan's when the season started, we're not supposed to be doing this....what's happening?? :o

Probably for the first time in a long time we are starting to take advantage of other people's misfortune, something is clearly working for us here and long may it continue!!

Hopefully, and in the not too distant future, I hope to be able to see this phenomena at DP, having only been able to watch the Cumberland Open so far I'm getting rather excited at the prospect, just one problem tho......when is that exactly??? :unsure:

With 2 draws against the all conquering Comets,Berwick must be thinking they are League contenders!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

Careful now... We are all just keyboard warriors !!!

in all seriousness though harris's social media showed the state of his engine, something isn't right and i hope it's not the same motor that was being repaired a few weeks back when he struggled at Leicester. With the semi final on Tuesday at Leicester I hope bomber gets himself sorted. I think it's a case of too many things at the same time going wrong, he will get it sorted I am sure. 

Forum fannies is the phrase used in this region!!!

Bikes is Bomber's standard get out clause.

Edited by Fromafar
More content

12 hours ago, jenga said:

i wonder who it was that said before the season started that the Glasgow 2nd strings would make heat leaders @ workington .. come on , who was it , or do i look for it .

ya got burnt by the hot comets and dan took your track record .. 

Look for it you know you really want to.

13 hours ago, Gazc said:

Have i mentioned that a clown like the popcorn teeth Manager of your football club has more common sense than you little boy.

Now run along to bed you can do your homework in the morning.

Now now Gaz, Neil is a great guy.