British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Mitchell Davey sponsored walk

It would be great if Belle Vue managed a collection for him tonight. His injuries are horrendous and he is still in critical care

https://www.daveyracing.co/single-post/2018/05/14/MITCHELL-DAVEY-INJURY-UPDATE

He is a fellow forum member and many will probably remember one of his original posts and videos asking for rides when he first came over here about ten or eleven years ago. I wish one of the good guys of speedway all the very best for his recovery, it's a tough time for Donna and the family and I wish them well.

Thanks for the update jrs..

Poor lad, I do feel for him, hopefully loads of people will give to the various collections :t:

A superb gesture from Lee Kilby to do this. He deserves all the support possible for what he is doing to help Mitchell.

I'd have joined him if I could have. Having witnessed the incident close up and personal I'm sure there are plenty of Birmingham track folk that will be doing there bit too.

Good to see pictures of him awake and smiling today, reading the statement today however makes it clear that this is still a very serious condition to be in. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, poole keith said:

hope theres a collection for him wed at poole

If there is I will chuck in a tenner.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, YerRopes said:

It's only banter Starman as was Steve's reply. Surely you can see the funny side when the ever popular title favourites are rooted to the bottom of the league.

No, i cannot see the funny side mate. I like to win.  As a Poole fan i was happy to shake Rosco and his back up teams hands in 0-12, but first and formost, i want to win.
DC pushes it to far mate. And he's not the only one on here, Wouldnt it be funny if we came back and won it now. You wouldn't see the boo boys for dust. Silence would be golden.
You wouldnt hear from them for a year. I also hope there is a collection for young Mitchell on Weds. But this should apply to every club.

Edited by Starman2006

This is a thread about a seriously injured rider who's livelihood has been wrecked, and who is going to need a lot of support this year to get him back on his feet, let alone earning money. It's not another thread about Poole.

It would be nice for once if people stuck to the thread title.

• Like 3

perhaps for this thread only,anyone who makes a post not directly related to young mitchells injury should be made to donate£10 to the fund for each infringement,dont know if this post qualifies as such but will pay my £10 anyway(can someone put up a link as to where i can post a cheque,old fashioned i know)

• Like 1

Over £2000 raised at Birmingham tonight for Mitch, really shocked but then again many were at Perry Barr last week and we all saw how serious it was and Mitch is a top bloke. Lee Kilby has started his walk, I wish him all the best its a lovely gesture what hes doing. Hope the Robins fans give him a great reception tomorrow and raise loads of money as well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear that such an amount was raised at Brum tonight. Seen plenty of Davey in the last year or so, for Stoke, Swindon & guesting for our Colts. Not heard a bad word said about the guy, shocked at the scale of his injuries. Great effort from Lee Kilby, shall certainly be making a donation this week. Get well soon Mitch! 

47 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Over £2000 raised at Birmingham tonight for Mitch, really shocked but then again many were at Perry Barr last week and we all saw how serious it was and Mitch is a top bloke. Lee Kilby has started his walk, I wish him all the best its a lovely gesture what hes doing. Hope the Robins fans give him a great reception tomorrow and raise loads of money as well. 

That’s class, fair play to all Brummies fans!!!  I will be putting money in the buckets at the Abbey tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Who do I send a cheque to and who do I make it out to? I was going to do a crowdfunding donation but they don't do Paypal anymore.

Well done Lee

I've added this on other threads in other sections.

Craig Cook, on Twitter has offered 2 Cardiff pit passes to the highest bidder with the proceeds going to Mitchell and Team Hancock have now offered the same.

So impressed with the walk @LeeRobertKilby is doing to raise funds for my mate @daveyracing91. Here’s what I am going to do. I will donate a pair of Cardiff Pit passes to the highest bidder - all monies to Mitch. Place your bid below.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Who do I send a cheque to and who do I make it out to? I was going to do a crowdfunding donation but they don't do Paypal anymore.

Perhaps make it out to Mitch and post it to the Birmingham speedway office at Perry Barr,?

PERRY BARR STADIUM
Aldridge Road
Perry Barr
Birmingham
B42 2ET