British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Comets - Championship 18.05.18

23 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Noticed BWD banged in a 12+1 for Swindon tonight, gonna be a very big loss to us that scoring power, hope Mason is locked and loaded for his return, he's got big points to score? :unsure:

I think you will find that was AGAINST Swindon!! :rolleyes:

He is back as a Rebel this season and a very good one at that! 

On the subject of this match I reckon Jake will finally get a maximum for Scunny.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jenga said:

looks like we are weaker with tero the terrier @ reserve . stronger with campton, even stronger with b.w.d. . cant please everybody eh .

He scored 15+2 from the number 5 position for Newcastle there last week, so don't know how that makes you weaker? !!

1 hour ago, drew2 said:

I think you will find that was AGAINST Swindon!! :rolleyes:

He is back as a Rebel this season and a very good one at that! 

On the subject of this match I reckon Jake will finally get a maximum for Scunny.

Thought it began with an S!! :oops:;)

44 minutes ago, StevePark said:

He scored 15+2 from the number 5 position for Newcastle there last week, so don't know how that makes you weaker? !!

sorry steve , only pulling someones chain .  does look stronger , i think .

• Haha 1

scunny fans . remember to take your sugar cubes with you tonight . i have my humble pie ready  . 

Brilliant meeting.. Excellent win for Scunny, and some brilliant racing, as always at Scunny - the best track in the UK! Best wishes to Gino and Nike Lunna

In the end, a comfortable victory for Scunny... but at what cost? Hopefully Gino ain't too badly hurt, hoping for good news and wishing him all the best.

Bit of a bruising encounter... First Auty/Lunna.... then Lunna (again)/Manzares.. and Danny Phillips x3 ...all in the wars. The meeting seemed to drag, but that's speedway, can't be helped when these incidents occur.  Withdrawals from Manzares (Coccyx injury?) and Lunna (Don't know of injury, but poor lad probably had no bikes left) ..Hope all injured parties heal soon. 

As for the racing.. After the first few processional heats the quality improved no end.. There was four or five real quality heats and some very hard fought racing. Scunny deserved winners, despite another fantastic effort from Tero Aarnio.  Expected a bit more from Proctor and Klindt.

Just a little mention for Danny Phillips...  Tried too hard tonight and paid the cost, can't fault the lad for effort.. a little more patience and one day it'll just click... stick in there Danny... there's a good score coming.

• Like 1

Good to hear nothing is broken for Gino - apart from the kevlars!

Forget about the result last night ,it's time to appreciate the riders of all clubs for providing us with entertainment and putting there bodies on the line for us . Wishing Gino  and Nike a speedy recovery as at one stage it looked far worse then what the two riders have been diagnosed ,hoping to see you both back on the shale very soon

• Like 6