British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs Rye House Weds 16/05/18

6 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I know this happens quite a lot but this year more than ever it seems the gulf in terms of reserves is frightening. I mean there are some struggling to hit 2 or 3 points and others getting double figures.  The 1-7 are a team I get that, but meetings are being won more and more by the reserves. Rye missing Robbo has hit them hard and would have won tonight, also another off night for Eddie. Poole were lucky and don't see them getting near the play offs with this team. 

Lucky that this team has only one more meeting next week then, isn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wasn’t illegible.

Yes he was illegible..... he wasn’t eligible 

Just now, semion said:

Cheers SS.... same for Linus ?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole didn’t give away any points. 3 in the bag. 

Yes you did give a point away....maths not your strong point 

Think you mean ineligible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole didn’t give away any points. 3 in the bag. 

Conceded one to your basement dweller rivals tho. Big date at Workington away in Oct is on the cards.

17 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I know this happens quite a lot but this year more than ever it seems the gulf in terms of reserves is frightening. I mean there are some struggling to hit 2 or 3 points and others getting double figures.  The 1-7 are a team I get that, but meetings are being won more and more by the reserves. Rye missing Robbo has hit them hard and would have won tonight, also another off night for Eddie. Poole were lucky and don't see them getting near the play offs with this team. 

Absolutely spot on. Once again, both league meetings tonight have been totally decided because of the reserves, as it has been for nearly every meeting in the Premiership so far this season. 17+5 v 2+1  in one and 13+1 v 6+1 in the other.

Not sure that anything can be done about it and its just good luck to the teams who have the strong reserves but its making the "heat leaders" performances and results virtually irrelevant in nearly every meeting.

Edited by ytsejam

2 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Conceded one to your basement dweller rivals tho. Big date at Workington away in Oct is on the cards.

More chance playoff final. Team changes after next weeks meeting.

Pirates have home and away against Wolves and Leicester at home before the averages change.

A couple of thumping and the team will change dramatically.

Hope Neilsen’s average isn’t too high by then as I’m sure Rye House  will have him!

3 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Absolutely spot on. Once again, both league meetings tonight have been totally decided because of the reserves, as it has been for nearly every meeting in the Premiership so far this season. 17+5 v 2+1  in one and 13+1 v 6+1

Not sure that anything can be done about it and its just good luck to the teams who have the strong reserves but its making the "heat leaders" performances and results virtually irrelevant in nearly every meeting.

As much as Shanes is popular at Poole, Nielsen has come in and is a far, far more accomplished rider. His scoring has been excellent after his debut meeting at Swindon when he was too hyped up. Tonight and at Rye House he has been excellent. And guess what? He was there for any club to snaffle up. And on a low average which he is making mince meat out of.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GWC said:

Pirates have home and away against Wolves and Leicester at home before the averages change.

A couple of thumping and the team will change dramatically.

Hope Neilsen’s average isn’t too high by then as I’m sure Rye House  will have him!

Not correct. Poole go 4 away 4 home with Wolves next week. Changes after that.

and fast freddie being mention tonight as well what a team we are going to have . .this poole team is one of the poorest i have seen for a long time we need a big hitter at no 1 brady is not that rider .scott celebrated is birthday he was superb for rye as was bomber my team was lucky tonight

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not correct. Poole go 4 away 4 home with Wolves next week. Changes after that.

Dudek, Pawlicki, Hancock all on holiday in sandbanks I’ve heard.

i do want to know what Poole fans expect as let’s be serious, no top riders give a toss about our Mickey Mouse league...The money isn’t there. 

Leszno won’t release Pawlicki to our league, not a chance in hell. To risky for them to loose their star Pole. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

I can't see unless major changes are made Poole can get anything close to Belle Vue, Swindon and Wolves. Be a scrap for 4th .... But as we know things change quickly and you would be silly to write anybody off.