British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs Rye House Weds 16/05/18

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Neil has no need to go to the changing room. He motivates ive seen it. As i said read my earlier post. Plenty of time yet, we are only 5 pts off the lead.. no rush..

8 points off the top but only 2 off of the play offs.

The only issue is Poole have ridden more matches then everyone bar Swindon. 

Poole have 8 points from 7 and the 2 teams below them both have 7 from 4, so you would assume Poole will be back bottom very soon.

The issue is trying to find riders who want to race over here.

Last season Poole sacked KK and got Kennett..........hardly a top replacement. Its alright banging on about being ok after changes but we heard that last season and it got worse. If Josh and Sundstrom go , who out there is better that would be prepared to ride over here?

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole have 8 points from 7 and the 2 teams below them both have 7 from 4, so you would assume Poole will be back bottom very soon.

Last season Poole sacked KK and got Kennett..........hardly a top replacement. Its alright banging on about being ok after changes but we heard that last season and it got worse. If Josh and Sundstrom go , who out there is better that would be prepared to ride over here?

Yes true and we don't even know if Chris Holder will be back yet.

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Would you want to get rid of Sundstrom ???

For all his under performance so far he is sitting on a rather enticing 5.66 GSA with only the Home match against Wolves to go before he gets his new GSA under the 4H - 4A rule. Meaning form 1st June he would be sitting close to his current 7 match GSA. If one asked a the start of the season could you sign him at around 5.66 most I think would have said yes. FYI he scored 13 paid 14 from  5 rides last night is SWE 2nd Div, which ok not their Prem league but shows he can ride when he wants to.

If Matt Ford is heading towards another 8 pointer (if he can afford one and if one is available) then to me Sundstroms much lower GSA against his season starting 7.17 assessed makes it a no brainer to retain him.

Unfortunately Josh G could be the one in danger as he is caught up with the 20 match rolling GSA where is current av is 6.57 against his starting 6.79. Looking at who could be the more likely to improve his av I would think its Sundstom who also fits nicely into a redeclared team with an 8 pointer to come in. IF a redeclared team is where Matt Ford is heading, with Holder also coming back in (Finally).

Also Sundstrom has the most Bonus points (12) so far which helps keep his potential true av lower as BP are not included in the GSA. Brady Kurtz is also on 12 BP which fortunately dont get incl and are helping to keep his GSA below that magical 8 point figure i.e 7.63 on his 20 match rolling GSA.

Of course my theory on all this could be blown out of the water the end of next week if Ford doesn't go for another 8 pointer, in which case I question where this team may end up.

Will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

no sweat. It will even itself out...To be fair Matt really gave KK to much rope, it wont be happening this season. Sunstrom has got an engine off Brady, and starting to show signs of improvement. Josh got 9 pts on weds thats fine 8 pts a meeting will be joshs mark,  and 16 from the reserves. not bad. Please read my posts before you say it was a poor result.

Edited by Starman2006

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Would you want to get rid of Sundstrom ???

For all his under performance so far he is sitting on a rather enticing 5.66 GSA with only the Home match against Wolves to go before he gets his new GSA under the 4H - 4A rule. Meaning form 1st June he would be sitting close to his current 7 match GSA. If one asked a the start of the season could you sign him at around 5.66 most I think would have said yes. FYI he scored 13 paid 14 from  5 rides last night is SWE 2nd Div, which ok not their Prem league but shows he can ride when he wants to.

If Matt Ford is heading towards another 8 pointer (if he can afford one and if one is available) then to me Sundstroms much lower GSA against his season starting 7.17 assessed makes it a no brainer to retain him.

Unfortunately Josh G could be the one in danger as he is caught up with the 20 match rolling GSA where is current av is 6.57 against his starting 6.79. Looking at who could be the more likely to improve his av I would think its Sundstom who also fits nicely into a redeclared team with an 8 pointer to come in. IF a redeclared team is where Matt Ford is heading, with Holder also coming back in (Finally).

Also Sundstrom has the most Bonus points (12) so far which helps keep his potential true av lower as BP are not included in the GSA. Brady Kurtz is also on 12 BP which fortunately dont get incl and are helping to keep his GSA below that magical 8 point figure i.e 7.63 on his 20 match rolling GSA.

Of course my theory on all this could be blown out of the water the end of next week if Ford doesn't go for another 8 pointer, in which case I question where this team may end up.

Will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

To be fair the biggest under performer on current form is Brady but I can't see him being released so Josh is the most likely to go, Sundstrom has been better lately and a very low average so could be worth keeping. It is difficult to find the best solution and probably a lot depends on the respective individual performances over the next couple of meetings.

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

To be fair the biggest under performer on current form is Brady but I can't see him being released so Josh is the most likely to go, Sundstrom has been better lately and a very low average so could be worth keeping. It is difficult to find the best solution and probably a lot depends on the respective individual performances over the next couple of meetings.

Ive said Brady is struggling and i get moaned at lol

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lets be fair it was only 1 or 2 fans who said that they would beat everyone.

Really? Can you show me who said that? I don’t recall a single Poole fan saying that. Must have been a fan from another club.

57 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Its not so much that you state your opinion but that you repeat it over and over and over again - usually with a bit of a dig at Poole included.

We all get it - you have a thing about Poole - just try to be a bit more innovative and less repetitive!  Better still do us all a favour and just give all the Poole threads a break for a while as you've said all there is to say from your perspective!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? Can you show me who said that? I don’t recall a single Poole fan saying that. Must have been a fan from another club.

You’ve got to be careful with dementia at your age.  I’d advise you get yourself straight to your surgery :rolleyes:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You’ve got to be careful with dementia at your age.  I’d advise you get yourself straight to your surgery :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could point me to the post where I said Poole will go through the card. Or, like Gavan, you are making up crap. 

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Yes and i agree he definitely needs to up his level he leant one of his engines to Sundstrom and Linus got paid 11 so its not equipment 

On 18/05/2018 at 6:48 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps you could point me to the post where I said Poole will go through the card. Or, like Gavan, you are making up crap. 

You never said they would go through the card and nobody above has said that the word smash comes to mind and I think one of the teams you were going to smash was belle vue

1 hour ago, Booey boy said:

You never said they would go through the card and nobody above has said that the word smash comes to mind and I think one of the teams you were going to smash was belle vue

And Swindon. If I was Gavan I would go back through the threads and find it. But it was definitely said that Poole would smash us at Blunsdon this season.

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of half bakes. Who’s gonna have the last word?

me! me! no, me! Oh please Miss, let it be me!

Difficult to believe these are adults with jobs/wives/kids

Sad 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 18/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

I think the assumption when you said "we will smash Swindon and most other teams this season" is that you expected to be nigh on unbeatable. 

Still, it's always good when a bragging post comes back to bite you hard. :wink: