Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs Rye House Weds 16/05/18

15 hours ago, Gavan said:

So how is Middlo still in a job?

Because he's a good team manager. Like i said, once riders leave the pits its out of his, team managers  hands. Same as when a trainer gives a jock instructions in the parade ring, once the jock leaves the parade ring for the course its out of the trainers hands. Anything can go wrong over 4 laps, or in a big field of handicappers if you dont get a run. You should know that.
End of the day its all about winning.

Edited by Starman2006

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Because he doesn't ride the bikes possibly 

And football managers dont kick the balls.

A managers job is to get his team motivated and ready, maybe Middlo has lost the dressing room as they say.

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

A managers job is to get his team motivated and ready, maybe Middlo has lost the dressing room as they say.

Football is completely different players get dropped and others are drafted in from their squad when they don't perform. I certainly don't think the team is lacking motivation and Middlo  hasn't lost the dressing room.

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As who says? All the interviews with Middlo and the riders refer to the excellent team spirit this year - much better than last year!!

What they are lacking - in my opinion - is a senior experienced rider as a proper leader. No disrespect to Josh G but his current form (set-ups) cannot be helping his team captaincy.

Things will change for the better once the new averages are sorted after we get beaten by Wolves on Wednesday as I fully expect we will, on current form!!  Of course if we manage a win then things are clearly not as bad as many are saying!!

Edited by Skidder1

12 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I suggest you look up the definition of the words sport and sporting. Sport can be charitable but sadly much has become a cynical, ruthless, money-grabbing business. 

Look up the word competition.

2 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Look up the word competition.

Some people just don’t get it. In it to win it is professional sport. 

Taking part in a sporting event is summer games at school.

58 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As who says? All the interviews with Middlo and the riders refer to the excellent team spirit this year - much better than last year!!

What they are lacking - in my opinion - is a senior experienced rider as a proper leader. No disrespect to Josh G but his current form (set-ups) cannot be helping his team captaincy.

Things will change for the better once the new averages are sorted after we get beaten by Wolves on Wednesday as I fully expect we will, on current form!!  Of course if we manage a win then things are clearly not as bad as many are saying!!

I would hope we sneak a win (just) as we are at home. No matter if Wolves score a point as they will be in play offs anyway with their home advantage this season.

Important thing will be (hopefully). Nielsen scores lots at  reserve (he can score plenty as he will hopefully keep his 3.67 having not ridden enough meetings to get a new GSA). Spaniak scores at least one more than Woryna (meaning Woryna would become a reserve from 1st June). Its incredible that they are both on the same GSA after Wed meeting although Spaniak scored more BP. Brady to make sure he scores steadily  (should be ok as his 20 match GSA is around 7.67). Sundstrom will have a new lower attractive GSA which will help accomodate hopefully a new 8 pointer. Holder has to do nothing as he will come in on his attractive starting GSA of 7.16 although I am not expecting too many fireworks.

I would settle for 46-44 win with team redeclaration news to follow within a few days afterwards.

Dont see the negative on this one we should pck up all 3 points here ?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How many will be left of the magnificent 7 which were in your words  going to smash teams after the changes?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

How many will be left of the magnificent 7 which were in your words  going to smash teams after the changes?

Yep, the only smashing this year’s Poole team has done is smashing itself to pieces. What a shower! :)

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pull the other one it's got bells on it 

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yep, the only smashing this year’s Poole team has done is smashing itself to pieces. What a shower! :)

Keep going DC, im sure you will take the Winter off. ;)

1 hour ago, Booey boy said:

Lets be fair it was only 1 or 2 fans who said that they would beat everyone.

The Poole 1-7 had the most potential but it was evident to anyone with an ounce of speedway knowledge that it was also the team with the most risks attached

Kurtz- could he improve to be an out an out number one?..................Jurys out as he looks like a good back up to a number one, but yet to show he can be consistent

Woryna - on a bargain average could he improve by the 2-3 points expected?..........Possibly but as yet hasnt really set the world alight

Sundstrom - replacement for Hans could he do the same job?.........didnt expect him to but showed a bit more against a 4 man Rye team

Josh G -  should have been Mr Reliable.............been below his best

Holder - what would his attitude be like? what would his form be?...................will we ever know

MS - would clean up from reserve..................been ok without going great

Shanes - signed to score 2-3 a meeting.............and was sacked for doing just that

There is still time for this side to come good but time is running out and who is there to sign?

Its no shock to me that the 3 teams at the top have got a solid base from last season..........Pooles risks havent come off simple as that

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Neil has no need to go to the changing room. He motivates ive seen it. As i said read my earlier post. Plenty of time yet, we are only 5 pts off the lead.. no rush..

Edited by Starman2006