British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Somerset v Swindon • 16/05/18 • Premiership

What have they done to my favourite track ? 4 heats of gate and go and now we're watching laps and laps of tractor racing .

And they'e requested yet another track grade , losing the will to live 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

How come the promotion didn’t realise there was a problem with the track?  Paying public treated badly again - if you go out for a night’s speedway you don’t expect to see tractor racing.  When will clubs realise that they are killing the sport?

• Like 3

Just been reading about what is going on. Meetings like this do more damage to crowd numbers than any fixed race night decisions.

• Like 4

Second 50-40 defeat in 3 days for Swindon, cannot afford any passengers with the top 5, when reserves are so weak, all bar Batchelor are guilty of this.

• Like 2

I thought this new track man was supposed to listen to riders, which Ez apparently didn't, what is his experience what tracks has he done before?

• Like 1

Poor showing again from Morra, perhaps number 1 and captaincy too much, poor from Muesli Bellego. Well done Batch Adam and Jacko.

Still the only team to win away..twice, and will go top if beat Wolves tomorrow.

Go Robins!!!

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

What have they done to my favourite track ? 4 heats of gate and go and now we're watching laps and laps of tractor racing .

And they'e requested yet another track grade , losing the will to live 

I’m afraid I lost it & gave up after heat 8, what a complete shambles 

• Like 1

That’s 3 meetings in a row now with track issues, the club need to sort this urgently or crowd numbers will dwindle.

• Like 1

For DC2, Clevedon Pier is just up the road. 

Looks like the Swindon bubble has well and truly popped. But rather than bang, its making a different noise. It sounds like................

glugglugglug-logo.png

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For DC2, Clevedon Pier is just up the road. 

Looks like the Swindon bubble has well and truly popped. But rather than bang, its making a different noise. It sounds like................

glugglugglug-logo.png

One lucky victory against a team with a combined age of 996 and you are giving it the big one!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

One lucky victory against a team with a combined age of 996 and you are giving it the big one!! 

Got to take the opportunity when it’s there!:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Got to take the opportunity when it’s there!:D

Haha!!! Its a rare one this season!! Enjoy it tonight because we will be back on top tomo.

Poor result tonight tho. The way our top 5 go around Somerset means we should be taking a point at worst.

• Like 2