British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gee jay

british u-19 final

looks a cracker of a meeting , who's going to spoil a belle vue podium ?

Would love to see Drew crash the party but it may just be 1 season too early for him to be right up there

I would say it's Bewleys for the taking if he really wants it but he hasn't been at his best when he's been to Foxhall before. 

Bewley hasnt shown the greatest liking for Foxhall on his visits so far but his progress is rapid so should be head and shoulders above this field

I think he is really going places and is destined for much higher things than this - and soon too

Dan can be inconsistent at the starts so to be at his best needs a track on which you can race and pass. I've no idea if Ipswich fits the bill after the recent track changes. The last time I visited was in the days when Peter Collins used to hate the place. :D

Anyone know what the line up for this is? I’ve looked on the bspa website but no mention of the field.... thanks

£15 for a glorified National League meeting with Dan Bewley enough to put many people off attending? Just make it £10 and get lots more in.

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Dan can be inconsistent at the starts so to be at his best needs a track on which you can race and pass. I've no idea if Ipswich fits the bill after the recent track changes. The last time I visited was in the days when Peter Collins used to hate the place. :D

Yeah but he was never any good was he ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

£15 for a glorified National League meeting with Dan Bewley enough to put many people off attending? Just make it £10 and get lots more in.

20 heats for less than a 15 heat league meeting with kids going free and a very competitive lineup.....decent weather forecast too - should get a good crowd I would think - especially as we’ve crashed out of he shield and ko cup already not many meetings at Foxhall this year so I’m sure plenty will be happy to part with some pennies for this!!

bewley obvs the favourite but never gone especially well around Foxhall so a bit of a leveller - shame Jenkins is out injured he’s done a lot of laps around Foxhall now - hoping young drew Kemp will keep his head and not try too hard in front of his home fans - if he does could be a contender for a surprise podium - he’s quick around Foxhall!

• Like 2

Bewley should destroy this field by half a lap in all his races, he is that much better currently than the rest, even if he doesn't like the track, the best riders adapt, and I'm sure Bewley will.  After that though it's a pretty open field with possibly Thomas and Brennan taking the other podium spots.  Obviously I will be rooting for Drew Kemp, but although I'm sure he will do pretty good, maybe a year to early to get on the podium. I don't think they have over priced it, and I'm sure it will be a very good meeting with all these young riders trying to showcase their current talent and obvious talent for the future. A lot of Ipswich fans have asked for meetings like this to be held at Foxhall for years, so now we have one, let's support it well.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2